ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Assisted suicide: yes or no?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2005, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mmmh...Chain-Gang rules.

John Cena Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...
Default Assisted suicide: yes or no?

With the recent debates on assisted suicide, i'm asking you this question: considering the fact that the persons who lives this are not able to live decently anymore, considering that death is the only way out for them, are you for assisted suicide or against?

Personally, i'm 100% assisted suicide.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 11:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

100% against. In many scenarios it's morally acceptable, but who are we to say which is which?? It's too tough to actually be able to tell. Even if doctors make their diagnosis, doctors are human and therefore fallible. Often doctors are so full of themselves that the diagnosis that they make could be proven wrong to them, and will refuse to listen to reason, instead standing mulishly by their original diagnosis because regardless of the fact that a life hangs in the balance, they aren't ever wrong.

Euthanasia is a tough subject, but unless someone is in a totally vegetative state and unable to recover and or breathe on their own, then I don't think we as people really have any say in how or when they die. It's because of this that I'm signing a DNR order when I'm 65 (God willing I make it that far) and carrying it with me everywhere.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2005, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mmmh...Chain-Gang rules.

Yeah, but when somebody asks for it?...When somebody knows his days are about to end and have an hell of a time only to breath?...If that's the way he would die in honor and respect...You wouldn't even think about it?
Old 19 Mar 2005, 04:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

you mean like pulling the plug on someone?

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2005, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mmmh...Chain-Gang rules.

Pulling the plug, giving him an extra dose of Aspirin, whatever...Helping somebody to die so his pain stops.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 04:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

well if he is like truly sick and is gonna die soon then yeah i think it would be alright but i wouldnt do it personaly i mean i couldnt live with myself doing that.

The War
Old 19 Mar 2005, 05:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mmmh...Chain-Gang rules.

^I would. I don't think it feels like a murder when a person smiles to you, thankfull to you, a minute before his eyes close forever.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 05:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Together We Can!

well for me it would just be to hard on me i would like end up asking for someone to kill me.

The War
Old 20 Mar 2005, 02:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

If I'm old and crippled and in a state where my quality of life is next to nothing, then I would like to be 'put out of my misery.'

My definition of a terrible quality of life includes, but isn't limited to:

-Can't feed myself
-Can't bathe myself
-Can't control my bladder or bowels
-Have to rely on someone for everything

I know there are tons of other things, but that's just a generalized list. If several or a couple of those were to apply to me, I would like to not live anymore. Some people live in a state like that for years, and that is no way to live. For one, it isn't enjoyable for whoever is in that state. For two, the person in that state probably feels as if they're a burden to whomever is taking care of them. Personally, I wouldn't want to burden anyone and lower their quality of life.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2005, 01:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mmmh...Chain-Gang rules.

^You're best post since i'm on this forum.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 01:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cabinet Member #1

Orlando JorDAN has much to be proud ofOrlando JorDAN has much to be proud ofOrlando JorDAN has much to be proud ofOrlando JorDAN has much to be proud ofOrlando JorDAN has much to be proud ofOrlando JorDAN has much to be proud ofOrlando JorDAN has much to be proud ofOrlando JorDAN has much to be proud ofOrlando JorDAN has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Orlando JorDAN

I am all for it, but at the same time against it.

When you consider that they dont want to die, so you either stop treating them, stop feeding them, or pull the plug on the life support machines, just to save space, money and time. I see that as murder. If the person cant move or speak, you dont know what they want, they could want to die, but imagine if they dont but they can still hear. Imagine listening to some doctors and your family talking to each other, saying they are going to stop feeding you, and you cant do a damn thing to save yourself. I cant think of anything worse.

But...

When you consider someone who is in deep pain, psycial torment, and so on. And they WANT to commit suicide, then, if they could move, they would commit suicide anyway, why not allow someone to kill you so you can end it all. It is your choice. You have the right to end your own life, and a decision to end yourlife is just as good as actually ending it yourself anyway.

Assisted suicide is looked upon as a sin in the eyes of serious cristians, i have heard their reasons as, "You dont have the right to end your life because it wasnt your decision to be given life." but the way i see it, you live your life the way you want it, you take care of yourself and yourlife, so that life becomes yours to do as you wish with it, and if you feel you want to end it, you end it and that is legal, but if you cant end it because you cant even move, then whats the difference if you ask someone else to end it for you.

So, my answer is yes, under the conditions that:
-The patient is fully aware of what he/she is doing
-The doctor or who ever is asked is 100% sure that the patient wants to end his/her life
-It is the patients idea, not influenced by a doctor of family member or friend.

Orlando JorDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2005, 09:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Is this thread around because of that lady who is in vegetable state and her husband wants to put her out of her mysery and the Republican goverment stood up lower than a snake by making a bill to "save her"?

Cause if it is I have gone on several arguments about this with several hardcore republicans and I have literaly slaughtered their asses.

I do agree with Stick's post 100%. Why would I want to keep living when I know I cannot do anything and I would have to live in burden depending on someone else and me having full knowledge that I will NOT recover. I have several limitations as is and I don't like to depend on someone to help me out.

In Resume I'm 100% in favor of euthanasia but not assisting someone to kill himself.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2005, 10:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I think it's a person's responsibility to have a DNR in their wallet. If I need a machine to live and need a machine to sustain my life indefinitely, then don't hook it up. Personally if I was a doctor, even if euthanasia was legal, I would not be the person to make that call. Unless someone's attacked my family or myself personally, I'm not going to make the call as to when is their time to die.

So often though people are kept alive by tubes and machines and electric pulses and nothing else...what the fuck good is that?? Get a DNR and carry it with you.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.

Last edited by The Glue; 21 Mar 2005 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Third sentence, replaced "as" with "if I was"
Old 21 Mar 2005, 01:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mmmh...Chain-Gang rules.

The actual problem has been put on the line, recently, by the always awesome Hubert Reeves: "people wants to die if they are not able to live decently, but nobody's ready to put and end to any kind of life. You got to wonder this question: if i'm ready to end somebody's life, am i ready to end everybody's life?"

That's a good question. I know it's an hell of a thing to end somebody's life, especially if this person is more than important to you. But isn't it an ultimate proof of love? I mean, you're loving this person enough to let him go, to stop his suffering, to make his death honorable. It can be an hell of a time like it can be a proof of ultimate love.

If you're a Bernard Werber fan(such as me), read "The ultimate secret". There's a part, in this book, where the principal character offers death to somebody who's not even capable to move something else than his eye(yes, just one)...It's worth the reading. That's when i clearly began to ask myself: what would i do in that case?
Old 21 Mar 2005, 04:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal
If you're a Bernard Werber fan(such as me), read "The ultimate secret". There's a part, in this book, where the principal character offers death to somebody who's not even capable to move something else than his eye(yes, just one)...It's worth the reading. That's when i clearly began to ask myself: what would i do in that case?
Read Johnny Got His Gun. I still don't want to make that call, but it's not something I couldn't understand.

Late.