ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

North Korea: U.S. a 'nuclear criminal'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jan 2005, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jesus thinks you suck

Jesus. is on a distinguished road
Default North Korea: U.S. a 'nuclear criminal'

North Korea: U.S. a 'nuclear criminal'
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) A day after indicating a willingness to rejoin nuclear disarmament talks, North Korea returned to its usual anti-American rhetoric Saturday, accusing the United States of being a "nuclear criminal" with double standards.
North Korea's state-run newspaper Rodong Sinmun accused Washington of "conniving at, patronizing and cooperating with the pro-American forces" in Israel, Japan and South Korea to develop nuclear arms while pressuring North Korea to abandon its program.

"The U.S. policy of double standards assumes extremely partial and aggressive nature," the newspaper said.

The report also denied that the North is running a clandestine uranium enrichment program, as the United States claims, in addition to its plutonium-based weapons program.

The United States, North and South Korea, China, Japan and Russia have struggled for months to convene a fourth round of talks to persuade Pyongyang to give up its nuclear programs. Previous rounds, held in Beijing, ended without breakthroughs.

President Bush labeled North Korea part of an "axis of evil" with Iran and prewar Iraq. Experts say the isolated North may already possess two or three nuclear bombs, in addition to fuel that could produce several more.

In an unusual overture Friday, however, the reclusive North offered to become a "friend" of the United States if Washington did not make inflammatory remarks about leader Kim Jong Il's regime.

The softened rhetoric was highly unusual, as North Korean officials typically load their speech with harsh anti-American criticism, and followed a visit this week to Pyongyang by a bipartisan U.S. congressional delegation described by the Americans as a success.

"They are ready to get back to substantive discussions," Rep. Curt Weldon, R-Pa., who led the delegation, said Saturday at a news conference in Beijing. "Nothing is off the table."

Weldon said they met with North Korea's No. 2 leader, Kim Yong Nam; Foreign Minister Paek Nam Sun; and Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan during their three-day visit, and the meetings were more positive than expected.

"Without any hesitation, they have agreed that there will be a way in which the end result would result in them giving up their nuclear capability," Weldon said. "That's exactly what it was, overwhelmingly positive beyond our expectations."

Weldon said earlier his delegation gave North Korea reassurances that Washington did not want a regime change in Pyongyang and was not planning to launch pre-emptive attacks. North Korea has said it needs a nuclear deterrent against U.S. invasion after the Iraq war.

The nuclear dispute erupted in late 2002 when Washington accused North Korea of running a uranium enrichment program in violation of international nonproliferation accords and cut off free oil shipments. North Korea denied the claim, quit the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty and restarted its mothballed plutonium weapons program.

source: usatoday.com
-----------------------------

Discuss. I'll post thoughts later.
Jesus. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2005, 10:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Its kinda like Saddam Huissein or Stalin criticizing the US about religious freedom.

I say bah. No, BAH! With emphasis, got-damnit.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2005, 01:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

When are the countries going to realize the U.S. is a world power and they should bow before our feet?
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2005, 01:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Puder
When are the countries going to realize the U.S. is a world power and they should bow before our feet?
I recall an awful lot of the bowing at our feet thing during Desert Storm. So basically they dont realize it until we are wiping them out.
Old 02 Feb 2005, 06:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Well, they got the "American Double-Standard" thing correct. A nuclear criminal? For the most part we are a civilized nation. We have a stable government, corrupt, but stable. Nobody has to worry about us lauching nukes (even with Bush Jr. and Haliburton in power) at countries just to prove a point.

North Korea shouldn't even be on a map.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote