ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Foreign Aid....... We're really not that generous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jan 2005, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Default Foreign Aid....... We're really not that generous.

If you think that the US goverment is being generous for bringing relief help for those people who lost everything down on Indonesia.... Think again, cause we're not. No I'm not talking about the declarations that UN said calling the US "stingy" for the miniscule help they have pledged compared with other nations. I am talking about how we have lied to those nations in need. Here are our latest examples.

On the disaster on Bam, Iran the US made several pledges of help and guess what, we never fufilled any of them. Just a lot of bragging and crappy help.
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2004/ja...-j22_prn.shtml

Well what about Africa's HIV crisis. The US pledged 5 billion dollars in relief help.
http://www.aegis.com/news/pr/2003/PR030712.html

Well at least we help on UN's Millenium Declaration...... Weeeellll not really. In case you don't know about this. It's actualy an agreement between all goverment involved on the UN will give a certain percentage of their national income to the UN to fight poverty and hunger around the globe. Norway is the biggest contributor with a 0.92% and they have a lower income than we do. But thats not all. The Bush Administration has reduced their contribution to the World Food Aid Program 100 million dollars in a space of two months.
http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1307585/posts

Now we cannot blame this on the Budget deficit cause this would be a flat out lie. If we look back on the Florida hurricane season the Bush Administration Pledged AND delivered 3 billion dollars n help over the funds FEMA already posseses to help in this crisis. What was the outcome on Florida? 117 Dead and over 1,000 injured and several thousands with no homes. Now does that measures up to 140,000 dead, an unknown amount of injured and millions without a homeand the possibility of a desease outbreak of biblical proportions? I didn't thought so.

Now this is not a political rant or anything like that. This is an outrage because we are one of richest nations in the entire world and at the same time we are by far one of the stingiest there is making Scrooge look like Donald Trump. Us citizens would probably moe money than the goverement would ever do and thats IF they do it. I don't wanna see another empty promise here.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Toof; 06 Jan 2005 at 03:44 PM.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2005, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

As far as I'm concerned we could give no foriegn aid at all. They'll take what they get and like it. None of the people that we help would ever return the favor under any circumstances.

Lets take care of americans that need help. Lets fix our schools and our government before we give away billions to people who hate us.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2005, 04:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
As far as I'm concerned we could give no foriegn aid at all. They'll take what they get and like it. None of the people that we help would ever return the favor under any circumstances.

Lets take care of americans that need help. Lets fix our schools and our government before we give away billions to people who hate us.
Are you mad cause India got Pissed because of that Airplane that crashed on the cattle. Actualy why a plane crashed on cattle..... then again what the fuck is cattle doing on a runway.
Old 06 Jan 2005, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth
Are you mad cause India got Pissed because of that Airplane that crashed on the cattle. Actualy why a plane crashed on cattle..... then again what the fuck is cattle doing on a runway.
lol, Sacred cows, right?

Its nto even that, since most of the world seems to openly hate us, I think we should cut back aid unless there is an emergency of some sort that affects american interests. We've got plenty of problems at home to deal with that I think should be a higher priority than whats going on halfway across the planet.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2005, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
I hate people

Just like Iraq huh? We didn't had any interests in it and look at the results?

BTW in India if you kill a cattle... The sentence is death. But only for their people.
Old 07 Jan 2005, 01:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
lol, Sacred cows, right?

Its nto even that, since most of the world seems to openly hate us, I think we should cut back aid unless there is an emergency of some sort that affects american interests. We've got plenty of problems at home to deal with that I think should be a higher priority than whats going on halfway across the planet.
Hmm...now why doesn't any of this statement suprise me?
Old 07 Jan 2005, 08:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Quote:
Just like Iraq huh? We didn't had any interests in it and look at the results?

BTW in India if you kill a cattle... The sentence is death. But only for their people.
We had interests in Iraq when it suited us. Just like anything else.
Old 07 Jan 2005, 08:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli Sabbah
We had interests in Iraq when it suited us. Just like anything else.
Yeah. Thats usualy called being a hypocrite.
Old 07 Jan 2005, 08:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Amen...our public school system is a shambles...some kids are so uneducated that they think taking tests and exams is "stupid," the crime rate is out of control, in addition to the crack problem, ecstasy use has kids dropping left and right and add on to that the fact that heroin use has come back into vogue, drug dealers are killing innocent people while trying to peddle their wares, there are people out there with families to support who couldn't possibly hope to get the training necessary to get a job that would enable them to support them all...and that's just in my small city.

Screw 'em. Here in America there is more than enough that's screwed up and in need of fixing that we can...nay, we should suspend a good amount of foreign aid so we can address our own issues. This is America...we should do right by our own people before we do right by people who aren't American and furthermore will take our money and aid yet spit in our face because we don't give them enough or whatever the latest stylish reason is to hate us.

If someone hates me...I'm not looking too favorably on them. There's too much self loathing in America for it's own good and it shows. I say we keep our money and use it to take care of us and not them. They're ungrateful hateful bitches...I'm sure it would do their consciences good to stop taking handouts from The Great Satan as well...

Fuck 'em. Goddamn it's good to be back in MOTM.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2005, 09:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Amen...our public school system is a shambles...some kids are so uneducated that they think taking tests and exams is "stupid," the crime rate is out of control, in addition to the crack problem, ecstasy use has kids dropping left and right and add on to that the fact that heroin use has come back into vogue, drug dealers are killing innocent people while trying to peddle their wares, there are people out there with families to support who couldn't possibly hope to get the training necessary to get a job that would enable them to support them all...and that's just in my small city.
Blame your president and it's more than retarded "No Child Left behind" program. How many times I have said that the current education and youth are fucked up thanks to our equaly fucked up president? I lost count by now.

Quote:
Screw 'em. Here in America there is more than enough that's screwed up and in need of fixing that we can...nay, we should suspend a good amount of foreign aid so we can address our own issues. This is America...we should do right by our own people before we do right by people who aren't American and furthermore will take our money and aid yet spit in our face because we don't give them enough or whatever the latest stylish reason is to hate us.
This is by far one of the most Selfish and Self-Centered paragrphs I have ever seen.

Quote:
If someone hates me...I'm not looking too favorably on them. There's too much self loathing in America for it's own good and it shows. I say we keep our money and use it to take care of us and not them. They're ungrateful hateful bitches...I'm sure it would do their consciences good to stop taking handouts from The Great Satan as well...
Heh this is coming from someone who supports the war on Iraq

How many billions we have wasted on that crap? 100? 200 or more? Hell the amount keeps on piling up. Just tell me what we would of done with that money here localy where we need it? I'll tell you quite a few things really.

Quote:
Goddamn it's good to be back in MOTM.
Welcome back BTW

It's quite amazing how two-faced some people can be but I never expected to see it so blatantly on a moment of crisis.
Old 07 Jan 2005, 09:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Quote:
Yeah. Thats usualy called being a hypocrite.
Being a hypocrite is all part of being a politican.
Old 07 Jan 2005, 08:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
This is by far one of the most Selfish and Self-Centered paragrphs I have ever seen.

Heh this is coming from someone who supports the war on Iraq

How many billions we have wasted on that crap? 100? 200 or more? Hell the amount keeps on piling up. Just tell me what we would of done with that money here localy where we need it? I'll tell you quite a few things really.

Welcome back BTW

It's quite amazing how two-faced some people can be but I never expected to see it so blatantly on a moment of crisis.
Agreed on all parts...
You know if this narcissist- like additude is actually shared by many in the US, it will do far more harm than good for its shores...and I don't mean by other countires that hate them...I mean from within.
Old 07 Jan 2005, 09:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:

Trev, Trev, these are human beings. We must help out mankind when ways such as this present themselves. Have some compassion.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2005, 08:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

This is not a critisism of any nation here just a shoutout from a proud countryman.

We had a fundraiser for the tsunami victims on tv last night that was broadcast by all 3 major commercial networks last night simultaneously (never been done before) and they raised over 20 million which is the highest Ive ever seen raised before to take donations to over 120 million (in a country with a population of 20 mil)

Never have i been prouder of my fellow countrymen.
May the people who have lost there lives RIP

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jan 2005, 02:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

There is a difference between throwing money at a problem in another country and helping people who really need it. Most of the time the world's problems could be solved without us just tossing millions and millions of dollars at it hoping it will go away. Some fucking dictator or warlords just takes it or mismanages it for their own uses.

But we should never turn our backs on something and use the "fuck 'em we have our own problems here", we tried that in the 30's and 40's and we had a huge problem in Europe because of it. The case of the tsunami in asia is a perfect example. Most of those people were simple farmers and fisherman. The state of the world and teh affairs of governments are beyond their concern of netting a big haul or planting next year's crops. They shouldn't be made to or allowed to suffer because of the problems governments hundreds of miles away have.

Kids shouldn't be allowed to die because our leaders don't get along.