ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Gay Marriage recognized by the Supreme Court of Canada:It's perfectly legal now, kids

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Dec 2004, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt
Default Gay Marriage recognized by the Supreme Court of Canada:It's perfectly legal now, kids

All that's waiting is for parliament to create this recognized bill and approve it. (but as it stands, same sex couples can be legally recognized as having the same rights as a union of a man and a woman...

See for yourself:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation..._canada10.html

What's your take on this?

is this a step forward in equality for all people?

-or-

are you against unions of same sex couples being legally recognized?
Old 11 Dec 2004, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

A good topic, Mo. I am against the unions of same sex, but I am also adamant that homosexuality is wrong. It's pretty easy to see that men and women connect just as a Lego toy, if you will. People of the same sex, not so much.

I also heard on the way to work this morning that the first "divorce" of same sex was applied for in Massachusetts here in the US. Gay rights activists claimed that this would hurt their efforts to get same sex marriages legalized all over the US.

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2004, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

I made a thread about this and clearly stated how Religion has taken a fron seat drive on this in the united states. I made mypoint pretty clear about this and I state it again this time a lot shorter.

Gays and lesvians have the same right as any other person on this nation. And the court documents is just a union recognized by the law. If religious groups don't like it well they can stick a finger up their asses and read our constitution specialy the part where it says "Chirch and state are completely separate" unfortunately some of our laws have been made to ably our religious beliefs.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2004, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Just read the entire US Constitution again. Nowhere does it say the Church and the State shall be completely seperate.

Old 11 Dec 2004, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

YAY! Great news for gay people. They deserve to have the same rights...as long as I don't see those rights too much...
Old 11 Dec 2004, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Actually this passing is still offically a bill. The final passing through the House of Commons takes place in January...should it pass, then it offically becomes a law here....which is most likely, since bills that make it this far, usaully is ammended to a Law. The reall question is, will that law be questioned by oposition later and issue a refuedndum on it? Thats what I'm waiting for...
Old 13 Dec 2004, 04:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

I personally don't care if gay people can marry.

It really doesn't affect me.

From everything I understand its just homosexuals asking for the government to recognize their relationship as the government recognizes any other relationship. Who cares?
They still pay the same taxes. What's the big deal?

In my mind, marriage is more about love and commitment than it is about a legal thing....if some gay dudes or some lesbian chicks want to say they are in love...so be it.

And seriously people...how sacred is marriage really? If I so chose, I could fly to Vegas right now, and get married to a stripper....by an Elvis impersonator....in a drive thru.

America is a society that worships celebrity...Britney Spears was married for less than a week. J-Lo has been married what? 4 times in as many years? We still love our celebs....they spit and piss on the very idea of marriage. If marriage should be illegal for anyone, it should be illegal for anyone who has made a movie or released an album in the last 10 years.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 09:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle
America is a society that worships celebrity...Britney Spears was married for less than a week. J-Lo has been married what? 4 times in as many years? We still love our celebs....they spit and piss on the very idea of marriage. If marriage should be illegal for anyone, it should be illegal for anyone who has made a movie or released an album in the last 10 years.
You see this is something that had always pissed me off. Celebrities marry and last less than a year and we still love and kiss the floor they step on. And yet this nation despise Gays and Lesbians and wants to deny them a right. And please don't say that this is different.

BTW Kurt Spears was married for 52 hours. Shortest marriage ever recorded.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2004, 11:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

BTW....an update...Martian, decided not to put the Gay Marrige bill in a referendum....looks like its going through here indefinetly.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 11:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
BTW Kurt Spears was married for 52 hours. Shortest marriage ever recorded.
I just didnt want to look up the exact amount of time
Old 13 Dec 2004, 02:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Ahhh Shooter. In case you didn't read the name of the forum, it is "Meeting of the Minds". You don't qualify.

Hey Wanderer.....since they didn't put it through that means it is in effect indefinitely? I don't quite understand how that works out.

Old 13 Dec 2004, 03:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Well its like this.. When the Go'vt here made the anouncement of not standing in the way of the Supreme Count of Canada (SCA) amending the bill to a law (around January) The was a chance for any oposition from any party (even Mp's from the same party that implelemted the bill in the first place) to have a national refrendum to the govt and more importanly the citizens of Canada to decide to let this bill go or stop it. Much like the American Federal Gov't, the top guy in charge can veto this decision, Which is what Martin did. So it looks like this bill will become a law come January, and theres not much to stop it right now. So thats the situation. Hope that helps.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 03:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

I have a better understanding now. Thanks.

Old 14 Dec 2004, 11:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Shooter v.3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
Ahhh Shooter. In case you didn't read the name of the forum, it is "Meeting of the Minds". You don't qualify.

Hey Wanderer.....since they didn't put it through that means it is in effect indefinitely? I don't quite understand how that works out.
If I was as old as you, maybe I would know a thing or two.

And yes, my post OWnAD! STICK once again. Thats why he felt the need to delete it.

good try oeoeoeoeoeoe
Shooter v.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2004, 12:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter v.3
If I was as old as you, maybe I would know a thing or two.

And yes, my post OWnAD! STICK once again. Thats why he felt the need to delete it.

good try oeoeoeoeoeoe
Dude, if you have nothing revevant or intelligent to add to this topic, don't post. Leave the nonsense and rants to the Warzone or offtopic....we're trying to have a proper debate here.