ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

How can you decide between right and wrong?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Dec 2004, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default How can you decide between right and wrong?

I put this in here because I don't want any spam responses.

We are born with an inate ability to determine what is right and what is wrong. Or are we? Do we have to be told what the differences are or are we capable of knowing those things without having been told?

What makes the difference between human beings and the animals of the wild where the largest is usually the winner?

Discuss.

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2004, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

IT all depends. As human beings one would think that automaticly we would know whats right and whats wrong. But there is a grey area, where even that statement could be constested, or questioned.

For example, someone claiming to be under mental or emotional duress or angush. Or someone mentally that may not know the diffrence between basic right and wrong. And lets not forget the fassicst types that justify their actions on their own opinion and stance on what they consider right and wrong like a disgrunted former worker taking their anger own their fomer boss or employees for a possible wrongful termination, or a student that brings a gun to class to get a bully thats been tormenting him/her for years, fanilly snaps and shoots him and anyone else thats gets in thier way. In their own minds they feel they are justifying themselves due to the curcumstances, and some to the point of thinking they are right with their actions, which I would find very dusturbing.

Overall this is one topic thats not easliy to give a general answer to. But I look forward to hearing other opinions on this...

BTW Oeo, its nice to have a topic here thats not so poilitcly mortivated...Kudoos.
Old 11 Dec 2004, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Thanks, I'm trying. I'll give an answer to my thread later, but I really did want to see some response to these.

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2004, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

In an infinitr universe in which human beings' perspectives are constantly changing can we really claim anything to be "right" or "wrong"? I'll do what I do, wait for a higher power to judge me, and hope I was right.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2004, 03:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

We have to be taught. As animals we are only born with the instincts to survive, which usually means that you would do anything to survive, just like animals. We would dismiss any wrong-doing...actually, we wouldn't think of it as 'wrong'...we'd just do it to survive. We're taught right and wrong by parents/teachers/parole officers so we don't take an axe to anyone who may threaten our continued existence in later life.