ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

JFK Video Game: Has The Line Been Crossed? (abcnews.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Nov 2004, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade
Default JFK Video Game: Has The Line Been Crossed? (abcnews.com

Nov 21, 2004 By Ben Berkowitz

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A new video game to be released on Monday allows players to simulate the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy.

The release of "JFK Reloaded" is timed to coincide with the 41st anniversary of Kennedy's murder in Dallas and was designed to demonstrate a lone gunman was able to kill the president.

"It is despicable," said David Smith, a spokesman for Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy, the late president's brother. He was informed of the game on Friday but declined further comment.

Kirk Ewing, managing director of the Scottish firm Traffic Games, which developed the game, said he understood some people would be horrified at the concept, but he insisted he and his team had nothing but respect for Kennedy and for history.

"We believe that the only thing we're exploiting is new technology," said Ewing, a former documentary filmmaker and senior executive with Scottish developer VIS, responsible for games like "State of Emergency." He said he sent Edward Kennedy a letter before the game's release.

Ewing said the game was designed to undermine the theory there was some shadowy plot behind the assassination. "We believe passionately there was no conspiracy," he said.

Traffic Games said the objective was for a player to fire three shots at Kennedy's motorcade from assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's digitally recreated sixth-floor perch in the Texas School Book Depository.

Points are awarded or subtracted based on how accurately the shots match the official version of events as documented in by the Warren Commission, which investigated Kennedy's assassination.

Shooting the image of Kennedy in the right spots in the right sequence adds to the score, while "errors" like shooting first lady Jacqueline Kennedy lead to deductions.

Each shot can be replayed in slow motion, and the bullets can be tracked as they travel and pass through Kennedy's digitally recreated body. Players can choose to see blood by pressing a "blood effects" option.

Players can view the motorcade from a number of angles, including the perspective of filmmaker Abraham Zapruder and a view from the "grassy knoll" where some conspiracy theorists believe a second gunman was stationed.

===

Wonder what would happen if Rockstar came out with a Princess Diana racing game?
Old 22 Nov 2004, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

John Kennedy is my hero of heroes, me personally I would never play this game.

There are a lot of JFK consipracy theorists, this would be big with them.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 04:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.

This is disgusting. There has to be some sort of restriction. GTA is bad enough
Old 22 Nov 2004, 04:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Yes, they crossed the line with this. They've had decades to do this and haven't for a damn good reason. There are some things you just don't do and this is one of them.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2004, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

Why would anyone play this game?

Only three shots? What a dumb game. You'd think it would get boring pretty quickly.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2004, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igloo

Only three shots? What a dumb game. You'd think it would get boring pretty quickly.
What the fuck is your deal man? You're worse then Page was.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 05:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

Rusty Cooledge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Rusty Cooledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igloo

lol, finally some sense in this thread.

Anyhow, on the topic of "the line being crossed", there are 2 different ways to look at it. You are either going to look at it as an honest attempt at recreating the Kennedy assasination to show a conspiracy was not in effect, or you are going to look at it as disrespectful and nothing more but an oppourtunity for sick minded people to take part in the shooting of John F. Kennedy.

While I beleive both sides are right, I lean towards this game being sick. No one is actually going to play this game to learn how there was only one shooter, they are going to put themselves in the position as the killer for shits and giggles. This is horribly offensive, not to me, but to the family and friends of the late John F. Kennedy. I know I wouldn't fuckin appreciatiate it if someone made a video game in explicit detail of one of my family members being killed.

I can almost see a lawsuit over this game being put on the market.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 06:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK

The game hasn't even been released and it's already completed its main purpose --- to get a rise out of people.

No one gets mad every time a new WWII game is released. What makes this one all that different?
Old 22 Nov 2004, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Where's the educational value of exploding someone's head? that's basically the point. What next? Make a Ted Bundy game to prove he only killed hookers? And I've never seen a world war 2 game where you shoot Holocaust prisioners

Last edited by Dade; 22 Nov 2004 at 06:35 PM.
Dade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2004, 07:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

But you're still killing Germans. They may have fought for the opposition, but their life doesn't have less value than an Allied force.

They should have just renamed JFK Archduke Franz Ferdinand. I bet none of you would have cared then.

Last edited by Igloo; 22 Nov 2004 at 08:00 PM.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 08:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

this is wrong on so many levels.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2004, 08:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Oh, and for the people that realize that it's just a game and want to play it ...

http://www.jfkreloaded.net/download/

Old 22 Nov 2004, 08:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

okay, im not canadian, im not going to claim to know a lot about canadian history, but lets say that one of canadas most charismatic leaders ever was assassinated. would you want a game about that made? i believe kennedy was one of the most popular presidents in american history. when it happened it was a damn national tragedy and somebody wants to make it into entertainment. thats sick. i dont give a shit how "unamerican" you are, this is completely wrong.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2004, 08:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

I haven't played the game, and I have no desire to play the game. I'm just putting the link there for anyone who is interested.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 07:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

I have no desire to play it. Not because I am offended or anything but mostly because it looks like a shitty, boring ass game and killing a former loved president with an old ass rifle just doesn't sound like more fun then using the G-Gun and saw blades in HL2 to cut alien zombies in half.

I personally think the game is what you make of it. It could be used as an educational tool or it could be used for someone's sick sadistic pleasure they get out of killing JFK.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote