ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Fuzzy math

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Nov 2004, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.
Default Fuzzy math

Can someone please explain to me how is it that George Bush was able to win the electoral points needed to become president in 2000 and yet, not win the popular votes? I mean the way I see it is, the electoral points given to each state are decided based on population, so if he was able to win points from a state then he would have gotten the majority of the population from that state. If Bush was able to get the electoral points needed to be president than he was able to win the majority of the population in each state he won and if he was able to win more states, or higher populated states than Al Gore how come Al Gore was able to win the popular vote?
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2004, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
Can someone please explain to me how is it that George Bush was able to win the electoral points needed to become president in 2000 and yet, not win the popular votes? I mean the way I see it is, the electoral points given to each state are decided based on population, so if he was able to win points from a state then he would have gotten the majority of the population from that state. If Bush was able to get the electoral points needed to be president than he was able to win the majority of the population in each state he won and if he was able to win more states, or higher populated states than Al Gore how come Al Gore was able to win the popular vote?
The electoral votes usually reflect the popular vote, however this is not always the case, Electors can change their vote....this doesn't happen very often...but it can happen
Old 11 Nov 2004, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Bush won in the right states. Rutheford B. Hayes did the same thing....
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2004, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

If Bush won by 1 vote in Texas for example. He got all the votes. If Gore had gotten every vote in California, a more populated state, he would have gotten more electoral votes and a crapload more popular votes. I hope this example has cleared it up.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2004, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

well, because there are high concentrations of democrats in certain states, like Cali for example, it's easy to win a major landslide in said state. Thus, if you have a situation where a lot of smaller populated states vote for one party, and only a couple heavily populated states vote for the other, then it is easy to see how you could win the election and lose the popular vote. But don't think it's some sort of weird math, it's very calculated. In fact, this was Kerry's strategy to win. Simply key in on the states that will get you 270, and fuck the rest of them.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote