ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Yasser Arafat Dead at 75

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Nov 2004, 04:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default Yasser Arafat Dead at 75

Didn't know where to put it.
______
Canadian Press

Thursday, November 11, 2004

RAMALLAH, West Bank (CP) - Palestinian President Yasser Arafat, the guerrilla leader turned Nobel Peace Prize winner who forced his people's plight into the world spotlight, died Thursday at age 75 - still reviled by many as a terrorist.

Arafat died at 3:30 a.m. local time in a French military hospital. His last days were as murky and dramatic as his life. Arafat was flown to France on Oct. 29 after nearly three years of being penned in his headquarters on the West Bank of the Jordan River by Israeli tanks. He initially improved but then sharply deteriorated as rumours swirled about his illness. Neither doctors nor Palestinian leaders would say what killed Arafat.

Tens of thousands of Palestinians poured into the streets of the Gaza Strip in a spontaneous show of grief. Dozens of gunmen fired into the air and marchers waved Palestinian flags.

Mosques blared Quranic verses and children burned tires on the main streets, covering the skies in black smoke. People pasted posters of Arafat on building walls.

Within hours, former Palestinian prime minister Mahmoud Abbas was chosen to succeed Arafat as leader of the Palestine Liberation Organization. Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia was expected remain in charge of day-to-day governing.

The speaker of the Palestinian legislature, Rauhi Fattouh, was to be sworn in as Palestinian Authority president until elections are held in 60 days under Palestinian law.

Officials said they wanted to ensure a smooth transition, despite concern both at home and abroad that a behind-the-scenes power struggle to assume the Arafat mantle could result in chaos and violence.

Israel quickly sealed the West Bank and Gaza Strip and increased security at Jewish settlements, fearing widespread Palestinian riots in the coming days.

"The Israeli Defence Forces are deploying to allow a dignified funeral ceremony for chairman Arafat," an army statement said.

The military said it would restrict access to the funeral and burial, set for Friday in Ramallah and only allow Palestinians with permits to attend. The military will allow processions in towns and refugee camps, officials said.

A military funeral is scheduled earlier Friday in Cairo, a location that allows Arab leaders to avoid travel to the West Bank, where Israel controls access.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2004, 08:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

All shit going to get ready to break lose in the Middle East...
Old 11 Nov 2004, 10:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^Agreed....expect some major unrest to follow shortly..
Old 11 Nov 2004, 11:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

this might seem a little callous.....however I don't think it was neccessary for them to interupt CSI NY to tell me about this....

Now I'll never know how they caught the killers.

BTW, DC hit the nail on the head...shit gonna blow up down there real soon
Old 11 Nov 2004, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

The worst thing that could happen during a war against a neighboring country is having your leader drop dead. The shit'll hit the fan soon enough.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2004, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

The only reason the Isralies keep that murdering senile old bastard in power is because he was incompetant. I really hope their new leadership is as stupid as Arafat was.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2004, 01:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

I have a feeling the new guy is going to be bad news
Dade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2004, 01:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Heh you're talking about the israelis like they are nuns.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2004, 02:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

They'll end up blowing each other up if both end up trigger-happy, and we know Sharone is. And we'll be stuck in the middle.
Dade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2004, 02:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Crunk is on a distinguished road

everyone knew Arafat wasnt gonna make it especially before he slipped into that coma so it was no biggie for me but all i know is some major shit will go down in the middle east.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 05:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

His wife still thinks they're trying to bury him alive.
Or in her native tongue, "kbncvevine;vneinve"
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2004, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucheaux
His wife still thinks they're trying to bury him alive.
Or in her native tongue, "kbncvevine;vneinve"
Thats really uncalled for...
Old 12 Nov 2004, 12:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

What's really sad is how so many in the media and of coures, in France, are making it sound like Arafat was some sort of great humanitarian, instead of the piece of shit he was. Everyone says the pallestinians should have their own state, but the problem with that logical stance is, Arafat, the PLO, Hamas and all the other palestinian groups, don't want their own state unless it's on the graves of the jews. They had their chance. Hell, they still do. So what's their bold new leadership going to do? I doubt anything will change much. The Isrealies will bottle them up and leave them sitting in their pissy camps. Nothing will ever change the middle east. They hate each other, they have for thousands of years, and even if the leadership comes around and makes some sort of peace, they fucking terrorists will still subvert it and launch attacks based on their religious hatred for everyone else

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2004, 12:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle
this might seem a little callous.....however I don't think it was neccessary for them to interupt CSI NY to tell me about this....

Now I'll never know how they caught the killers.
Its all good...CBS is gonna rertun it on Staurday night...I'll just set it to tape

The PLO is a terrorist organization....the man was a terrorist... good riddance.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 12:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo
What's really sad is how so many in the media and of coures, in France, are making it sound like Arafat was some sort of great humanitarian, instead of the piece of shit he was. Everyone says the pallestinians should have their own state, but the problem with that logical stance is, Arafat, the PLO, Hamas and all the other palestinian groups, don't want their own state unless it's on the graves of the jews. They had their chance. Hell, they still do. So what's their bold new leadership going to do? I doubt anything will change much. The Isrealies will bottle them up and leave them sitting in their pissy camps. Nothing will ever change the middle east. They hate each other, they have for thousands of years, and even if the leadership comes around and makes some sort of peace, they fucking terrorists will still subvert it and launch attacks based on their religious hatred for everyone else

Yes there is no worse kind of war than a religious war. it will never be resolved until one or both of them are destroyed.