ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Abortion; for or against?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Nov 2004, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.
Default Abortion; for or against?

Here's the way I look at it.... it's a woman's body, why should a group of people who will never have to worry about an unwanted pregnancy or the pain of bringing an uneeded child into the world be able to decide if that one woman shouldn't be able to get an abortion? Abortion's only murder if the baby's taken shape, when the baby is developed enough to have a clear gender than yes, it is living and an abortion at this point would be murder but how can you call the destruction of a few cells murder? At this point you aren't killing a human being so it wouldn't be murder, you are simply preventing the birth of someone. And if that can be considered murder than wouldn't condom use be considered murder as well? You are afterall preventing the grouping of the cells needed to create life. I do not understand being anti abortion due to your religious beliefs either, a person can deem something morally wrong but that doesn't give them the right to impose their beliefs on others. Sometimes abortion is a very heart breaking decision to make, sometimes people make it sound like a ruthless crime by calling it murder when in reality the only person hurt is the woman who has to make that choice. I would rather prevent the birth of an unwanted child than to bring someone who will live a miserable life, not knowing who his/her parents are, living in an orphanage for most of their life than to force them to live a life they never chose to live. The idea of making someone life this kind of life seems crueler than abortion in itself. There's also the entire rape issue, if someone is constantly sexually abused they will get pregnent and to make them go through more pain by bringing in a child into world with no family other than a beaten mother and a rapist dad.

Not giving women the choice is a destruction of their rights, I do not encourage abortion but certainly no one has the right to take the option away from women.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2004, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

I beleive we have had this discussion before, but w/e. It was prob a while ago.

I am against it. I put it on the same level as murder. I understand that it may be an "inconveinence" to the mother, but i will take an inconveinence over murder any day.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2004, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

add on: I would support it under life threatening situations, but not just because the mother doesn't want the hassle. If it is too big of a deal put the kid up for adoption upon birth.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2004, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I am against it just for convience, I am on the fence about rape and yes to save mothers life(it is VERY rare though)
Old 04 Nov 2004, 07:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
BRING IT ON

Angel of Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Angel of Light

A Woomans Point of View here I am against it I believve the moment that child is concieved it is living. Me personally would not have an abortion for any reason. If it were life and death I would do everything for my child to live. Yes it is a persons right to choose but if they choose to end a life that is on their conscience. As for it being legal i dont approve but it is also not my place to judge. As for a a rape case yes it would be hard but its not the childs fault why not give that child a chance. so to sum it up I am against it but im not going to deny a person a their right to choose

Thanks to Monica
Angel of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2004, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Sigh, again with this topic:

For me I'm defenetly against it...in a case of a rape, well thats a pretty grey area, and I'm not certian on that. In the case of life and death, I might consider it. However in the case of a simple coneience for a woman......HELL NO.. if you're "mature" enough to have sex without taking the nesscary percausions, then youre responsible to carry that baby into the world should it happen....you can give it up for adoption, but just because you don't want it, it doesn't mean you can cop out of your "mistake" by killing it...for me thats just wrong on so many levels...
Old 04 Nov 2004, 10:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

I'm against it just because they got pregnant by accident and don't want mommy and daddy to find out.

I'm in favor in case of something really life threatning or in case of a rape.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2004, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Morally, I'm against it, it's murder, it's wrong.

Politically, I think it just needs to be left up to the individual state governments to decide it's legality. Honestly, before abortion was legal, women were going into back alleys and having shady characters slide coat hangers up in them to "take care of it." Would we really want to create another black market, especially one as seedy as that? Also, because there are certain situations where it would not be necessarily "the wrong" decision...I guess for lack of a better description...i.e. rape, incest, health of the mother, etc....and there are so many of them and so many ways for them to get manipulated by people who just don't want the "inconvenience" of a child (makes me sick)....and because certain pregnant couples might actually come to the conclusion that they shouldn't have kids if they can't support them, it pains me to say...Abortion should be kept safe, legal and rare. Minors should have to have notarized signed parental consent as well as supervision during the process.

I'm also convinced that no matter what I do for the rest of my life, when I die, I'm going to hell.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2004, 11:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

The way I see it... abortion is murder, and if you believe otherwise, you have your head so far up your own ass you probably can't see the sunlight. Killing an unborn child is murder, simple as that... if you put yourself in a position where you're having sex with a guy, you should at least make him wear a condom, or not finish inside. That's just common sense, if you don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex, or use protection if you do.

On the other hand, if a women is raped, and she becomes pregnant, there are other ways to go around abortion, like adoption... just because you don't feel like you can handle the child in your life doesn't mean you need to kill it... that's heartless... there are plenty of willing parents or couples out there that are looking to adopt.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2004, 05:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I'm against it. It is murder even if the mother's life is at stake: if God wants her to live, He will let her.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2004, 10:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Morally I am against it....

Politically, I refuse to make that decision. I may not like abortion....I could never call for the death of an unborn child, however I don't believe it is my right to tell other people what they can and cannot do with their own body.

If someone were to come up to me and ask me my opinion, on if they should get an abortion or not....I will do my damnedest to talk them out of it. However I don't believe that I am so important as to make a decision like that for all the women in the united states.
Old 05 Nov 2004, 10:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

We all should know where I stand on this issue.....but I want to talk about something for a moment.....about the "life threatening" side.....

When my wife was pregnant with our first child, she developed a massive lump on her uterus.....through a series of tests, the doctors told us that we were putting my wife's life at a severe risk by having the baby.....essentially, they told us that we should have an abortion.....this was in the first trimester of the pregnancy.....three months later, my wife spent a couple of tense days in the hospital as we were worried sick that we would lose the baby or both of them.....

to make a long story short.....my daughter is eight years old now.....she is beautiful and extremely intelligent.....she is in the third grade and reads on an eighth grade level.....she tests at an IQ level of around 140 thus far.....she is healthy, vibrant and it is an honor for me to be her father......my wife is healthy and strong, and though there were some complications she has no problems and we have two other children since.....

had we murdered our child, I couldn't say any of those things.....abortion is murder, from day one.....plain and simple.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2004, 10:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

I do agree with Kurt. I have my point of view towards this but let's be honest. Would you forcefuly make other people follow your own beliefs?
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2004, 10:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
We all should know where I stand on this issue.....but I want to talk about something for a moment.....about the "life threatening" side.....

When my wife was pregnant with our first child, she developed a massive lump on her uterus.....through a series of tests, the doctors told us that we were putting my wife's life at a severe risk by having the baby.....essentially, they told us that we should have an abortion.....this was in the first trimester of the pregnancy.....three months later, my wife spent a couple of tense days in the hospital as we were worried sick that we would lose the baby or both of them.....

to make a long story short.....my daughter is eight years old now.....she is beautiful and extremely intelligent.....she is in the third grade and reads on an eighth grade level.....she tests at an IQ level of around 140 thus far.....she is healthy, vibrant and it is an honor for me to be her father......my wife is healthy and strong, and though there were some complications she has no problems and we have two other children since.....

had we murdered our child, I couldn't say any of those things.....abortion is murder, from day one.....plain and simple.....
I'm glad that worked out for you Ray. I really wish I could say I was that strong, that I could believe everything would turn out all right. I however am not.

If the doctor told me that my wife may not live thru the pregnancy, I don't know what I would do....I really don't.

I honestly think I might try to convince my wife that the abortion is the right thing to do, I would feel like shit about it....but if the mother isn't going to make it thru the pregnancy, then the likelihood of the child survivng drops dramatically too.

I would be a useless lump....completely incapable of doing anything other than panicking and sobbing.
Old 05 Nov 2004, 05:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I am against it 100% when it comes to late term abortion(infanticide). Its semi-ok with me in the first trimester.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote