ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Outsourcing Jobs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Oct 2004, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default Outsourcing Jobs

Little children, and all ye others of dimwit understanding, gather around and let me tell you why large companies "outsource" jobs today. Two reasons: Unions and government.

Unions have mutated into a drag on EVERY company that has one, because the Union mentality is "Pay us MORE for doing LESS." The typical Bull Steward doesn't have the nickname "Coffee Break" for nothing. That "I get paid by the hour" bullshit won't fly anymore, either. You can't compete in the modern business world that way. Unions are tearing down their own temples and they don't see that fact. I am not by any means saying that the unions are all wrong, or that they should be elimintated, keep that in mind.

The government makes it almost impossible to expand an industrial operation today. We have the EPA, the EPD, OSHA and hoarde of environmentalists with their lawyers in tow to scream "NO!" every time a company wants to build something new. I know what I'm talking about.

My counsin once supervised an existing steam plant. They had old, inefficient, highly-polluting boilers there. They wanted to install a new unit, with the low-NOx burner and all the clean-air controls available at the time and the PERMITTING PROCESS cost more than the goddam boiler did, and it took five years to accomplish.

They could have gone to Mexico and built a brand-new steam plant for less money than that one boiler cost. They could have done it in less time, too. The company my cousin once worked for spent $100 million every year in for cleanups that never end, on land that they never polluted. What utter bullshit.

When a company has to spend $100 million a year jumping through hoops of government regulations, where do you think that money comes from? It damn sure didn't fall from the sky. It comes out of wages, medical benefits and head-counts. That's NOT free ice cream.

John Kerry is gonna fix THAT problem? Yeah, right. Nobody will.

We're cutting our own throats every day and Unions and government share the knife.

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2004, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
BRING IT ON

Angel of Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Angel of Light

Quote:
Unions have mutated into a drag on EVERY company that has one, because the Union mentality is "Pay us MORE for doing LESS." The typical Bull Steward doesn't have the nickname "Coffee Break" for nothing. That "I get paid by the hour" bullshit won't fly anymore, either. You can't compete in the modern business world that way. Unions are tearing down their own temples and they don't see that fact. I am not by any means saying that the unions are all wrong, or that they should be elimintated, keep that in mind.

I Agree with You. As for outsourcing companies do tend to go with the Cheapest Way possible. I work For a company that is non union and things are better than they were tahn when i worked for a Union.

Ther has Been alot of talk here in Indiana about the outsourcing of our Jobs being sent to different countries. The Steel mills for instance have suffered thanks to the Governments outsourcing. But How does Kerry Plan to stop the outsourcing and bring all the jobs back. Thats what I want to know. Isnt that one of his things he is saying to get the people without jobs to vote for him?

Thanks to Monica
Angel of Light is offline   Reply With Quote