ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Not as Unnecessary as Your Presidency

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2004, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default Not as Unnecessary as Your Presidency

Jimmy Carter, failure given human form, has now said that the Revolutionary War was unnecessary.
Quote:
MATTHEWS: Let me ask you the question about—this is going to cause some trouble with people—but as an historian now and studying the Revolutionary War as it was fought out in the South in those last years of the War, insurgency against a powerful British force, do you see any parallels between the fighting that we did on our side and the fighting that is going on in Iraq today?

CARTER: Well, one parallel is that the Revolutionary War, more than any other war up until recently, has been the most bloody war we’ve fought. I think another parallel is that in some ways the Revolutionary War could have been avoided. It was an unnecessary war.

Had the British Parliament been a little more sensitive to the colonial’s really legitimate complaints and requests the war could have been avoided completely, and of course now we would have been a free country now as is Canada and India and Australia, having gotten our independence in a nonviolent way.
Was this guy really elected president... during the COLD WAR?! Far as I heard, his only real accomplisment of note was getting Ronald Reagan elected.

That's it. America needs to demand its presidents have some micron of respectability. While we work on ways to honor Reagan's legacy, we should also be working on ways to dishonor Carter. I say we strike him from the record books. His portrait and name should be removed from all lists of presidents, and, if he is ever to be referred to, he shall be called "the failed president who has no name."

Carter should then have a mask of iron placed on him and be locked away in some tower where no one can hear his cries of, "I'm Jimmah Cahtah!"

The American presidency is a profound undertaking, and failure with it should be punished severely.

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2004, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
Jimmy Carter, failure given human form, has now said that the Revolutionary War was unnecessary.

Was this guy really elected president... during the COLD WAR?! Far as I heard, his only real accomplisment of note was getting Ronald Reagan elected.

That's it. America needs to demand its presidents have some micron of respectability. While we work on ways to honor Reagan's legacy, we should also be working on ways to dishonor Carter. I say we strike him from the record books. His portrait and name should be removed from all lists of presidents, and, if he is ever to be referred to, he shall be called "the failed president who has no name."

Carter should then have a mask of iron placed on him and be locked away in some tower where no one can hear his cries of, "I'm Jimmah Cahtah!"

The American presidency is a profound undertaking, and failure with it should be punished severely.

-Trevelbond-
Ok, some of that I can clear up.

The reason for the Rev. War was because the ruling body in Britain did not care about the colonists or their needs. Jimmy was merely stating that if that ruling body had been more sympathetic and didn't treat us like peasanst to be ruled over, then we would have never even had the idea to "fight for our rights", because our gov't would have cared about them. Later we may have just evolved into an autonomous entity.

As for the rest... I think he may have been just rambling on. He is getting old.

Jimmy is a good and decent man. Many people, including many hardline conservatives call him one of the most humane and kind individuals to ever hold the office. Of course, they'd also say that he was one of the worst presidents ever. But, he get's points for being kind.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 09:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

I must add something... I made a horrible omission....

"Up until recently" Mr. Carter? Does the ex-prez, who, might I add, lately has been trying to pass himself off as a "historian," really think the war in Iraq is bloodier than the Vietnam War, the Korean War, World War II, World War I, the Civil War ...?

Note to Peanut Salesman: Canada did not begin to gain independence until 1867. Australia did not receive partial independence as a commonwealth until 1901. India did not gain independence until 1947, and all those Indians who were killed by the British would hardly describe their deaths as "nonviolent."

I respect what you have to say Ryan, and maybe his intent is good... but I think he is a bit nutty.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 09:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
I must add something... I made a horrible omission....

"Up until recently" Mr. Carter? Does the ex-prez, who, might I add, lately has been trying to pass himself off as a "historian," really think the war in Iraq is bloodier than the Vietnam War, the Korean War, World War II, World War I, the Civil War ...?

Note to Peanut Salesman: Canada did not begin to gain independence until 1867. Australia did not receive partial independence as a commonwealth until 1901. India did not gain independence until 1947, and all those Indians who were killed by the British would hardly describe their deaths as "nonviolent."

I respect what you have to say Ryan, and maybe his intent is good... but I think he is a bit nutty.

I don't sell peanuts, asshole. I didn't even mention those other places. It was a big "what if...?" game. Britain didn't care about those it ruled. The statement Carter was making was that the ruling body of Gr. Britain made that an unecessary war. "What if they cared about American colonists rights? Then we would never have had the war."
Old 20 Oct 2004, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hostility
I don't sell peanuts, asshole. I didn't even mention those other places. It was a big "what if...?" game. Britain didn't care about those it ruled. The statement Carter was making was that the ruling body of Gr. Britain made that an unecessary war. "What if they cared about American colonists rights? Then we would never have had the war."
Not you... Carter...

All addressed to Carter.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 09:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Quote:
Not you... Carter...

All addressed to Carter.

Oh... sorry about that.

And stop crying!
Old 20 Oct 2004, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hostility
Oh... sorry about that.

And stop crying!

Guhh... uhh... ok... I'm ok... I'm ok....