ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

I Like Big Buts And I Cannot Lie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2004, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default I Like Big Buts And I Cannot Lie

I noticed all of the buts Kerry qualifies his statements with, but each candidate does that. What I think is interesting is how the difference between Bush and Kerry can be the order of their statements around a "but."

KERRY'S POSITION
I will never give another country veto power over our security, BUT America needs to factor in the views of other countries before making a military decision.

BUSH'S POSITION
America needs to factor in the views of other countries before making a military decision, BUT I will never give another country veto power over our security.

Here's the challenge for my readers. Find more statements that define the difference between Bush and Kerry by just changing which side of the "but" the clauses are on (e.g. Kerry says, "a BUT b" while Bush "b BUT a").

Have at it...

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2004, 01:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

*BUMP*

Bloodless cunts...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2004, 02:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Here's why I am not going to do that Trev, and please bear with me...there are multiple reasons.

1- I cannot bear to read transcripts of what Bush says. It pains me to realize that I know 6 year olds who are better public speakers than the leader of the free world.

2- I cannot bear to read transcripts of John Kerry's speaches. I get incredible headaches trying to keep track of what he stands for. Everytime I get used to his opinion...he changes it. Its not worth my time.

3- I may just be tired...but I can't really see the difference between the 2 statements you showed us.