ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Should The Presidential Term be lengthened?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Oct 2004, 04:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Default Should The Presidential Term be lengthened?

Thread title should be self explainatory.

I personally believe the term should be lengthened to 6-8 years.
Many presidents get to coast on programs created by their predacessor, while others get the blame for what their predaccessor did( or did not do). Generally after 4 years a president is just getting into the groove, their programs are just finally getting a chance to start. I think the country migh benefit from keeping the same administration for more than 4 years at a time.

I've got more to say on this, but I'll wait til I'm actually awake to elaborate.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Most countries have a 6 year term. I agree that the periods should be lenghtened to 6 years. More than six years is not healthy for a nation.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2004, 03:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

You know i never really thought about it untill now. You bring up some good points. I would however have to agree with ST and say to cut it off at 6. More than 6 could be okay with the right president, but with the wrong president it could be hell.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2004, 04:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Wolf, it is nice to see you post in here.....

I agree that the term should probably go to six years in a way.....it takes basically two years to change policies left by the previous regime, then it takes two years to build your policies.....that's why two term presidents are better in the second term.....they actually get to show what it is they were working toward......

on the other hand, I shudder to think about what would have happened if Jimmy Carter were the president for two more years.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2004, 04:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Nice but would any of you really like to see such presidents as George W. Bush get 6 years or John Kerry get 6 years... or *shudders just even thinking about it* 12?
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2004, 10:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E.

thuglife27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thuglife27

I think that the term should 6 years and there should only be one term because if they have to worry about re-election then they won't do what they really want until the second term. That's how most presidents are, they aren't aggresive until they are re-elected because they are worried that if they do something that the people will not like then they won't be re-elected.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 10:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

I actually like the usa system and would like it over here.
We have currently a prime minister that has won 4 or 5 elections in a row and has ruled for over a decade and knowing we had a system where he couldnt serve more than 2 terms of 4 years would I think benifit this country a lot allowing a good turnover of minds to help run this place smoothly

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2004, 01:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Like oeo said, a longer term gives them a chance to get thru existing policies and establish their own.

I also think that the citizens of the US would be less lenient with candidates if they were stuck with them for 6-8 years.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 02:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Most people when they regret re-electing a president they usualy do two years after the election. So a six year term is more than enough to let the people decide if their current president is worth the vote.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2004, 04:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^Very true.

Many people have mentioned the two term limit. I actually oppose this and prefer a two consecutive term limit. So that no one has all the power for so long and if a very popular person is elected, they have a chance to get reelected in 4 years.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote