ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Round II: The Debates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2004, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default Round II: The Debates

I think Bush handed Kerry his ass last night. Bush didn't appear as tired as he did in the first debate and he came out swinging. I believe that he is comfortable in this "Town Hall" format, where he can pace the stage and connect with people. Kerry appeared haughty and wonkish.

The central difference I saw between the two men was Bush saying that doing the RIGHT THING is not always the POPULAR THING, and Kerry's pathetic response to the "global test" question. Kerry tap-danced. Bush said he'll do what's right for the USA, and although he didn't come right out and say it, he gave every indication that he doesn't care what France and Germany or the UN think about us. Good. Neither do I.

Kerry believes that "sanctions worked." Bush doesn't. Neither do I, especially in light of all the corruption and under-the-table dirty-deals being exposed now in the UN Oil For Food program. The "allies" Kerry wants to cultivate are the very ones who violated the sanctions and enriched THEMSELVES behind our backs. Kerry seems to believe that the way to win friends and influence people is to kiss a lot of ass. Bush doesn't. Neither do I.

The draft question blew up in Kerry's face. He can talk about a "back-door draft" all he wants to, but Bush shot him down in flames. Kerry also tap-danced all around tort reform. I think Bush missed a golden opportunity by not bringing up some specifics about what John Edwards has done to "lower" medical costs by suing the shit out of doctors every chance he got as a trial attorney in North Carolina. The information is out there and easy to find.

Nobody with a millionaire trial lawyer on the ticket is EVER gonna endorse tort reform. That's killing a golden goose, and they ain't gonna do it. I think Bush missed a chance to go for Kerry's jugular there.

It wasn't a slaughter, but I still believe that Bush kicked Kerry's ass.

Plus... am I the only one who thought Kerry's hair resembled a Davy Crockett coonskin cap?

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2004, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Forgot that there was a debate
Old 09 Oct 2004, 05:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

In my opinion, Bush won the debate.....this was a much better "debate" than last week, as Gibson actually acted like a moderator by asking the two men to be involved in actually answering the questions rather than going off on tangents.....

my reaction to last night was this.....I could see George Bush coming to my house, sitting down at the dinner table and asking for someone to pass the potatoes.....I couldn't see Kerry even being willing to come to my house, but if he did he would expect to be served his meal on a silver platter.....

rather than stand there and be attacked as he was in the first debate, the President took the initiative in attacking his opponent.....regardless of what Kerry says, he cannot deny that he has voted so many times against defense spending, etc.....his record is open for all to see.....

everyone here knows my opinion and who I will be voting for.....but I have to believe that Kerry lost this debate.....his most common response was "I have a plan".....but he doesn't have any idea what that "plan" seems to be.....

Kerry 1
Bush 1.....

one debate to go.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2004, 12:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

I don't know what debate you two werw watching but I think this debate went even. Kerry Looked Cool and calm while Bush was Ancious and sometimes he looked fustrated. He got his ass handed on the fist half hour and then Bush stroke back and even the score. The last half hour Bush dug his own grave when the Enviromental issue kicked in. If you want to know why (and I bet you do) here is why

He talked about saying that air is cleaner now and off road Diesel engines are 90% cleaner. I think bush was either on crack or simply deluctional. Diesel engines specially off road Diesel engines have not inproved or pretty much got worse on exaust emmission. The billion dollars he awarded for hydrogen fuel research was simply a waste of time since BMW and Honda are 100 times more advanced than the US on this technology. Fuel efficiency on domestic Vehicles have gone worse in the last five years.

The Adimistration is destroying the enviroment by giving tax breaks to Heavy vehicles like the Ford Excursion, Chevy Suburban and Cadilac Escalade and the H2. The gas guzzling tax is simply a joke since some vehicles who's fuel economy is simply deplorable usualy get away from it. Th e US refused the Kioto treatment just because "It was Flaud" Instead of trying to fix this they just simply walked away. The Supposed deadline for fuel efficiency inprovement is simply propostuos since with just a few simple inprovements on the ijection system and a little tweaking on the computer can inprove the current efficincy by almost 20% and this can be done with literaly no money invested on it. Only Chrysler has done saomething good for the enviroment by turning the HEMI engine into a redundant powertrain by cutting half of the cylinders fuel delivery. GM and Ford want to do this but by 2006

I don't think there was no winner here. But if we go by posture, confdence and more professional during the debate I guess you can say Kerry Won. But I still think it was a tie. Specially since Bush pretty much stuck his foot in his mouth on the enviroment issue.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2004, 12:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

Problem there, Tooth, is that nobody cares about the environment... only zealots and tree-hugging hippy crack addicts....

On the other hand... Kerry absolutely stepped on his dick when it came to abortion... dancing on both sides of the issue... Kerry went down the "right to choose" as a constitutional right path. I'll be happy to tar those babies with those positions. Although Kerry mentioning he was a choirboy makes me want to puke...

Bush won because he didn't fail. He was forceful, relaxed, and had the crowd laughing with him. Kerry had no humor quotient whatsoever... Bush also won on the merits, at least to me. I predict a 4 point swing for Bush....
Old 10 Oct 2004, 01:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Laughing with him? He made one joke and the whole place looked like a funeral.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 01:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
I hate people

OH BTW does this mean that you support Auto Manufacturers making their own enviromental standard (if they have any)

Damn I'm getting old!
Old 10 Oct 2004, 01:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
OH BTW does this mean that you support Auto Manufacturers making their own enviromental standard (if they have any)
I don't care what happens... but less regulation is the best regulation...

They won't make shitty cars cause its bad publicity... they keep prices down by not being over regulated...
Old 10 Oct 2004, 01:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
I don't care what happens... but less regulation is the best regulation...

They won't make shitty cars cause its bad publicity... they keep prices down by not being over regulated...
That is a lie. Have you seen Vehicles Like Hyunday Accent, Toyota Echo, Chevrolet Aveo (A Koren Made Chevy) Those are vehicle with great fuel economies and they cost less than 15K. So Your statement falls flat right there.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 01:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Quote:
That is a lie. Have you seen Vehicles Like Hyunday Accent, Toyota Echo, Chevrolet Aveo (A Koren Made Chevy) Those are vehicle with great fuel economies and they cost less than 15K. So Your statement falls flat right there.
Did they need the regulations to do that?

Could they have been cheaper?

I bet the materials would have been cheaper if there were less regulation... you know what rebar costs these days?

Too damn much... people are going out of business cause we cant get anything done domestically...
Old 10 Oct 2004, 01:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
I hate people

Thank Bush for that
Old 10 Oct 2004, 01:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Quote:
Thank Bush for that
He's been a bitch on regulation... but any Democrat would do worse...
Old 10 Oct 2004, 01:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
I hate people

Yeah Right. You know well either one of them would of done it.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 01:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Quote:
Yeah Right. You know well either one of them would of done it.
Yeah... Bush DID it... I know... any of them would... we need a Reagan...
Old 10 Oct 2004, 01:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
I hate people

For a second I swear you were going to say we need a McCain.