ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

The Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Sep 2004, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Default The Question

Oh the age old question asked on every election year by everyone. Are you better now than four years ago? Well i really depends on who you are of course. The following is a list of several people whom you could ask this age old question and they can easly answer you with a straight face.

If you ask this to a Haliburton Executive
He will answer yes of course. As soon as the war started Halliburton got the bulk of 489.3 million dollar budget to repair whatever damage iraq's oil lines suffer during the war. This is not including whatever other contracts they got servicing the US military by providing them with skyrocketed gas prices. There is also a report that was made on several newspapers and on the net that somehow "slipped" thru the media's eye.

http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/19620/

If you Ask Omama Bin Laden and other terrorists
The will answer HELL YEAH. With Bin Laden STILL not captured and jihad, kidnappings and terrorism soaring on Iraq (remember I made a thread about this and some people dared to question it and right after that several reports poped in) and now there are kidnappings galore the streets of iraq look like a scene of Counter Strike. But no there are people here who still believes everything is going accoding to President Bush so here is a link.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3504352

If we ask the iraqui people
They will probably say no. Even thou the camel humper of Saddam is not in power anymore, as of right now Iraq is worse than with Saddam in power. With insurgents by the tens of thousands, kidnappings, car bombings, suicide bombings, an inmene unemployment rate, no electricity in most of iraq and a likelyhood of another civil war.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...304852,00.html
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artma...cle_4783.shtml
http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle6915.htm

If We ask our brave soldiers
I'm not sure what they will say but let's be honest. Would you say you're better when you're in a really hostile enviroment watching your conrades die literaly every day with over 1,000 deaths and 6,700 wounded. Those wounded will probably say no since veteran funding was cut dramaticaly and that includes dozens of hospitals. Althou factchec.org says funding has been raised they should get their facts straight. On March 2003 the house of representatives voted that in the 2004 budget the veterans funding will be cut by a whopping 25 billion dollars in a period of ten years.

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0328-11.htm
http://www.cbpp.org/2-27-04bud2.htm
http://www.dav.org/voters/bulletin_0403.html

If we ask the families of those soldiers
They will say no. Emotionaly this is hard for each and every one of them. Having that fear of military personnel show up in from off their door with the worst news of their lives. If you still think they are better now than four years ago go ahead and gather the 1,000+ families of those brave soldiers and tell them that straight up on their faces.

If we ask Kim Jong Il President of North Korea
He will jump like a honry school girl yelling YES... OH YESSS!! While we were bombing the crap out of the camel humper Jong Il was threatning us with nuclear weapons and pretty much turning himself into an attention whore. While the US just went the "diplomatic way" with him and he is the one who blatantly shows up his nukes. Negotiations did not gave any good results as Il ended negotiations and now says that he has a working nuclear missile wich planned to be tested. Oh great just what we need a five foot tall madman with a nuke. And remember Kim Jong Il is supposed to be part of the "Axis of Evil" and we haven't done jack shit to him.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapc.../24/nkorea.us/
http://www.kimsoft.com/korea/nk-nukes.htm

If you ask the average joe
Well we are the avrage joe. You have to ask yourself if you're better now than four years ago. Opinions vary so there isn't a definite yes or no in here. It depends on how you look at things.

Now with this madness going on, do you feel that you're better now than four years ago.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2004, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I've already posted that the question should be "How can you be better off in 4 years." The answer is up to you.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2004, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Now with this madness going on, do you feel that you're better now than four years ago.
Four years ago, with President Clinton leaving office, I was in a state of flux.....I was a collegiately educated person unable to find a job paying more than what is considered barely above the poverty level.....I was paying a higher level of taxes because there was no child tax credit.....I lived in a small two bedroom house that I had lived in for 7 years.....I saw the economy around me stagnant, at best, with no real estate development or growth in the area.....I had a six year old vehicle.....I was paying 9.25 percent interest on my home loan and 9 percent on my vehicle loan.....

today, I make double the salary.....I live in a four bedroom house.....I receive a $1000 tax credit each year for each child I have.....my children go to a private school.....in my neighborhood, or within a one mile radius, they are building at the moment 73 new houses.....I pay 5.25 percent interest on my home loan and 6.9 percent on my vehicle loan.....

choice A or choice B.....you decide.....

Quote:
If you Ask Omama Bin Laden and other terrorists
The will answer HELL YEAH.
let's see.....before, they were able to be out in the open, essentially.....they had free reign as they weren't considered to be such a threat to the United States that we needed to go after them.....they attacked the WTC without receiving any significant retaliation under the former president's watch, thus giving them the opening to again attack, and this time on a higher level.....now they live in caves.....

before, the terrorist attacks weren't brought to such light in the US because we simply looked upon it as an "out of sight, out of mind" situation.....

Guerrilla warfare (the previous name for terrorists and their actions) was constantly on the uprise, causing civil unrest and abolishment.....governments were overthrown, civil wars were in full force.....

true, it is just in this past four years that we have begun to see all of the things that we now consider terrorist activity.....but they fear daily for their lives.....I cannot see where this would be answered with a resounding HELL YEAH.....

Quote:
If we ask the iraqui people
yeah, all they are getting is relief from the most sadistic man since Hitler.....a chance for freedom and a chance to elect their own political leaders.....the insurgence of terrorists was backed by Saddam for many years.....people lived in fear of leaving their own house because the Iraqi army led by Hussein's people could line them up and kill them, in front of their own family and friends.....how could freedom possibly be better than that.....it was a war, dangit.....have you ever heard the expression "sometimes you have to tear everything down to rebuild it"?.....ask Japan if they are better off now because the US dropped the A-bomb on them.....it would be a resounding yes.....

we live in a fast food world now, a world that has no eyes for the future.....a world that can't see beyond tomorrow if they don't get a benefit today.....

Quote:
If We ask our brave soldiers
how about we ask those that served in Panama.....those that served in Guatamala.....Uganda....Rowanda.....war is not fun, it is not pretty.....but it is a "necessary evil" at times.....this time is no different.....none of these soldiers were drafted.....none signed up with a guarantee that they would never have to serve in a war.....many signed up as a result of 911.....and they should be honored and revered for it.....but with honor and reverance comes a price.....

Quote:
If we ask the families of those soldiers
I count myself among those families of those soldiers.....I pray daily for the safe return of the members of my family that are serving overseas.....I look for word from them as to when they get to come home.....I can say that my life and the outlook that I have on life is better because of them and the way in which they are serving my country.....how many people are better off as a person because of the story of Pat Tillman?.....how many people realize that were it not for these brave soldiers they may have to face the same fear that those in Iraq did?......that is a number that cannot be counted......

Quote:
If we ask Kim Jong Il President of North Korea
let's ask the UN why they have allowed him to do things that are against their sanctions.....oh, that's right.....we did that with Iraq.....

Quote:
If you ask the average joe
I am average Joe.....I'm the average height and weight of an American.....I have two cars, three kids and an average job.....and I am better off today than I was four years ago.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2004, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

So let me get this straight oeo you think you're better now because you pay less interest rates, have a better job and a better home. Let mer ask you this.

Did president Bush gave you the job you currently have? I bet he didn't. You got that job with your own sweat and tears and you cannot tell me he gave you that job.

Did president Bush gave you lower interest rates? Well probably yes but since the economy was officialy decaying on March 2001 when he was in office and this was confirmed by the Bush Administration themselves they had to lower interest rates in order to keep up.

Did president Bush gave you a lower interest rate on your home? I don't think so. Thank Osama Bin Laden since after 9/11 the economy divebombed and of course in order to boost the economy back up again all financial companies had to spark innterest on the comunity.

On 2000 I was a College student with a degree. I had an old car and lived in a apartment. Of course you have to start from the buttom but I never complained for this.

It's October of 2004 and I have a three bedroom house, two cars two motorcycles and two ATVs, a 64,500 dollars a year paycheck and I do not thank Bush for any of this because I fucked my ass getting what I have and you should not thank Bush for either of them, but each to it's own.

I would of thanked Bush if he would of helped the people who are truely in need like our Veterans, or old folks since right now they have a lousy ass excuse of a heath reform and our veterans don't have 2 billion dollars a year that they really needed. I would of thanked Bush if he would of kept the millions of jobs that we have lost in here instead of sending them to India or any other hellhole the big companies decided to exploit the living crap out. I would of thanked Bush if he would of prevented those 1.3 extra million people who are considered now to be on the poverty level and many of thise are part of the total job loss since he took office.

Am I better now than four years ago? Fuck yeah I am but Bush didn't gave me jack shit, I had to work my ass to hav what I have. Now if you ask me if I'm safe... I'll answer you with this.... I'm considering getting another gun.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2004, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
BRING IT ON

Angel of Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Angel of Light

Yes I am better now than i was four years ago. Four years ago my ex and i split. I had to start over find a new job find a new place to live and get everything to go with that. It wasnt easy and the money was tough but With the help of income tax credit for kids. Its helped alot. I now have 2 cars and a nice apartment. I good job now who do I credit that too, well that goes to alot of different people yes i had to get out and work my butt off to get alot of it, but nothing comes easy. As for safety i feel safer with Bush in office than i did with Clinton as for Kerry Im finding it hard to think that i will feel safe with him. I feel Bush has done alot of good and has had are best interest in mind. But I alos know things just dont get better over night it takes alot of time. I dont expect Things to run perfectly and i know everyone has their faults. But to Blame Clinton Bush or anyone else for my trouble is nothing short of cowardis to admit that i messed up. It wasnt easy finding a job but if i didnt find the one I had i would most likely be flipping burgers to earn my keep one way or another.

Thanks to Monica
Angel of Light is offline   Reply With Quote