ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Polls are never right.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Sep 2004, 04:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Default Polls are never right.

You know since the presidential campaign took shape we've been hearing a crap load of polls with different results. Bush leading Kerry by X amount of points, Kerry leading Bush by X amount of points. By now and since I lived in a place where politics were 5 times dirtier in 1996 than this current campaign you tend to learn something.

Polls are all Bullshit.

No matter who's ahead and who's behind, polls are never right and no network, newspaper or independent entity can take credit or say their polls are acurate. Here are a few reasons why polls are not accurate.

1. They ask likely voters: A likely voter is someone who might go vote. There is no such thing as a likely voter. The person could say he or she is voting and at the moment of truth they can change their minds or something else could come out.

2. Zoning: Most of these polls are urban votes and do not go and interview voters on areas outside the city. Just because the urban area is republican or democrat it doesn't mean that party will win there.

3. Those damn swingers: No not the ones who love to have sex with different people, I'm talking about the ones who could change their mind on any second switching from Bush to Kerry, back to Bush then back to Kerry.

4. The Undecided: You can't count the swing voters as undecided thats one thing. Undecided voters don't have a damn clue what is going on. Both candidates try to lure them into their parties. The only one who should worry about the undecided voters is really Bush since according to a study on the university of North Carolina 8 out of 10 undecided voters tend to go against the party that is in office not matter if it's republican or democrat. Since this is a study and not a poll so it has some credibility but I'm not saying this will happen.

5. The Youth is always left behind: On pretty much all the polls the recipients are adults over 25 leaving the young voters behind. For some reason they don't consider them a factor.

Nobody can guarantee the victory of any candidate since polls tend to leave a lot of holes open to question the integrity of them but one thing is for sure. I simply cannot trust a poll no matter from where it came from or who made it.

Thoughts?
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2004, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

While I did not have the mental concentration nor the attention span to read that post I do agree that polls are in fact bullshit.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2004, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Yes, but they look good and they take up space what with presentation and analyzation.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2004, 06:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Polls can often be construed in many different ways.....I (or anyone that makes a poll) can steer those being asked in the direction that I want them to answer.....if it isn't a yes or no question, you can make it come out essentially anyway you want.....

polls can be so vague when asked, yet look so powerful when talked about that I put no stock in them whatsoever.....let's look at one completely out of the context of politics for an example.....

on KCRoyals.com, they have a poll asking who is the Royals pitcher of the year.....

on the poll, they have these names.....

Jaime Cerda (a relief pitcher)
Darrell May ( a pitcher that has lost 17 games)
Zack Greinke (the Royals #1 pick from two years ago and has been a bright spot in this horrible season)
Jimmy Gobble (got sent to the minors in mid season)
Other (Other)

now, obviously they want the winner of the poll to be?.....yes, Greinke.....

nope, I'm against most polls.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote