ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

More politics via UN..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Sep 2004, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default More politics via UN..

Just thought this stood out, given the past couple of years and all.

Bush Addresses UN (transcript)

Bush asks for help in the rebuilding of Iraq and the establishment of a federal, secular, democratic Iraqi government when that's the farthest thing he'll get from the UN. Mainly, any sort of assistance offered would be tantamount to a concession that gives precedence to what they view as "unmitigated, unlawful attacks without Security Council sanctions."

Bush also attempts to justify the attacks as being under guidelines posted by the UN whent hey were dealing with Saddamn previously, as they promised "severe consequences" to him if he didn't cooperate fully. Since he did not, Bush claims this gave the US all the right they needed to go in there, bomb the hell out of him, depose him, and occupy/police/aid/rebuild/whatever.

All things considered, this argument of Bush's, as well as his entire address, shows how little foresight he and his administration has, as well has what little regard they hold the UN and foreign relations in.

This argument would have been well placed at the outset of our affairs in Iraq, in convincing the UN that some action needed to be taken. It could have been well used at any time from shortly before, to shortly after our invasion. Aside from the disproportionate severity, loose interpritation, and "who asked you" sort of mentalities, the argument seems kind of solid.

Except that it comes two years too late. More specifically, it comes after Kerry's campaign has been laying into Bush about Iraq more than usual as of late. It comes right before an election where how we feel about the war may decide who the next President may be.

In essence, he addresses the UN, says a load of overly generalized shlock that impresses no one in the international community, propositions for help everyone knows he won't get, all for the sake of impressing the American public, rather than anything in foreign affairs.

I kind of miss the days when America was only scorned a little, for having a horndog for president. Now your country has a president that could, apparently, care less about foreign affairs. Meh..
Old 22 Sep 2004, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Oh god, I could give a fuck about the UN. They are beyond corrupt. The US pays the bill for all those countries shit and they still fuck us over. I have no sympathy and I wish we could tell the UN to go fuck themselves. The UN is the most buerocratic, impotent body of government in the world. They have no control over anything. They do nothing about the Suddan. They do nothing about Sudan. What, some fucking resolutions or whatever bullshit they want to lay out? Who cares, it means nothing because the UN is too much of an overurn pussy. They do nothing about Iran and it's nuke program. Oh no, the UN might lay down an embargo or God forbid, urge them to stop. Every nation that wants to defy the UN does it openly and with there own fucking represatives in the freakin UN. Does this make any sense. Does it make sense for the US to pay for it? The US is paying out the ass to support this worthless UN just so they can stand in our way. Fuck them. The UN is dead. Kofi is a bitch and I didn't pick that slimy piece of shit for anything. How dare he tell me how I can and can't defend my country. How dare he lash out against the US when we have supported him and the UN for so long. Who gave him the right and how can I take it back.

Oh and btw, the bitch france still says it wont' do shit even if Kerry is elected. So fuck Kerry and his blowhard bullshit talk about allies. LMAO. Kerry will absolutely alienate the allies we have now, especially brittan, all in the name of bending over for the weak french. I fear what he will do and how the UN will continue to rape the US for resources and money if he is elected. I fear how will pander to the UN and dismantle our nation piece by piece to passify germany.

In closing, in case you didn't get it, the UN is more than worthless and represents nothing. Get the fuck out of my country. Go move to France. Fuck you UN.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2004, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Oh look at something about the UN. Wonder why the UN, France and Germany were so against us ever going into Iraq? Hmmmmmm. Cause they are a bunch of fucking oil corupted bitches.

Quote:
Monumental Rip-Off?
Allegations of Widespread Corruption Involve Saddam Hussein, U.N. Senior Officials

By Brian Ross

April 20 At least three senior United Nations officials are suspected of taking multimillion-dollar bribes from the Saddam Hussein regime, U.S. and European intelligence sources tell ABCNEWS.

One year after his fall, U.S. officials say they have evidence, some in cash, that Saddam diverted to his personal bank accounts approximately $5 billion from the United Nations Oil-for-Food program.

In what has been described as the largest humanitarian aid effort ever undertaken, the U.N. Oil-for-Food program began in 1996 to help Iraqis who were suffering under sanctions imposed following the first Gulf War.

The program allowed Iraq to sell limited amounts of oil, under supposedly tight U.N. supervision, to finance the purchase of much-needed humanitarian goods.

Most prominent among those accused in the scandal is Benon Sevan, the Cyprus-born U.N. undersecretary general who ran the program for six years.

In an interview with ABCNEWS last year, Sevan denied any wrongdoing.

"Well, I can tell you there have been no allegations about me," he said. "Maybe you can try to dig it out." And in a Feb. 10 statement, Sevan challenged those making the allegations to "come forward and provide the necessary documentary evidence" and present it to U.N. investigators.

But documents have surfaced in Baghdad, in the files of the former Iraqi Oil Ministry, allegedly linking Sevan to a pay-off scheme in which some 270 prominent foreign officials received the right to trade in Iraqi oil at cut-rate prices.

"It's almost like having coupons of bonds or shares. You can sell those coupons to other people who are normal oil traders," said Claude Hankes-Drielsma, a British adviser to the Iraq Governing Council.

Investigators say the smoking gun is a letter to former Iraqi oil minister Amer Mohammed Rasheed, obtained by ABCNEWS and not yet in the hands of the United Nations.

read more
Oh and the UN can go fuck itself.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote