ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

A Bad example from the Republican Party... Dennis Hastert

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Sep 2004, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Thumbs down A Bad example from the Republican Party... Dennis Hastert

Republican House Spaker Dennis Hastert made quite an inproper and I should say Shameful remark saying that Al-Qaeda is rooting for Kerry for the 2004 elections. This comment is pretty much a follow up comment made by Dick "The Boogie Man" Cheney on the RNC stating in short terms "Vote for Kerry and terrorists would invade US, burn our homes and Rape our wives". I would like to ask them on what they base themselves on comments like those. I know pretty much they would come with a political ad slogan of any kind saying that Bush is our man yadda yadda yadaa. The truth is that those comments are just injustified and right now idiotic from Dick Cheney and Dennis Hastert. Instead of commiting themselves into clean politics and focus on their campaigns, they have turned into shameless fear smear campaign aimed at those who are stupid enough to believe any of them.

This is not the first time Hastrert has made such stupid remarks. Not long ago he made quite an ndecent and very ridiculous Remark on Fox News Sunday stating that Billionare George Soros gets his money from a drug cartel. Soros has been a pain in the ass for Republicans in quite some time since he donates money to independent groups who launch ads against the Republicans. The following is the remark he made.

Quote:
You know, I don’t know where George Soros gets his money. I don’t know where — if it comes overseas or from drug groups or where it comes from,” Hastert mused. An astonished Chris Wallace asked: “Excuse me?” The Speaker went on: “Well, that’s what he’s been for a number years — George Soros has been for legalizing drugs in this country. So, I mean, he’s got a lot of ancillary interests out there.” Wallace: “You think he may be getting money from the drug cartel?” Hastert: “I’m saying I don’t know where groups - could be people who support this type of thing. I’m saying we don’t know."
And Again on May 20, 2004 he attacks senator John McCain questioning his Republican credentials since he has challenged the Republican Party Several times when McCain saying that that he did not had Fiscal Responsibilities. Just because MCain has an opinion it doesn't mean he has betrayed the party. He's not a mindless sheep.

Since he doesn't know anything or he runs out of thing to sttack... well he has to make things about people. For people like him is the reason why political partied get a bad reputation.

Your thoughts about this.

Last edited by Toof; 20 Sep 2004 at 12:28 PM.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2004, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

I miss the days of campaign slogans...like the ones that you learn about in history class

these playground antics just make us look childish in the international community
Old 20 Sep 2004, 12:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

The Bush admins. whole campaign is childish. All they can come up with is half-stories of Kerry's political career and his service in the Navy. Then all they can say is "vote Kerry and the terrorists win". That is the epitome of childish. Remember 9/11/01 was 100% on the Bush admin. and Cheyney used to sell weapons to terrorists.

This guy is just another example of Bush campaign workers, make shit up without any base to their claims.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2004, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

Scare tactics pure and simple, what is sad is that a large portion of the US population buys into this political crap. Mudslinging at it's finest, grasping at straws trying to do all they can to discredit Kerry (Note: I am not a Kerry supporter).

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2004, 01:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers

^ Dead on there, buddy. The mass of our voters are idiots and believe the shit the Bush campaign spew. They don't look at what this current administration has done and who it benefitted and who it hurt. And they keep ignoring that the only attack in our homeland since the U-boats of WWII was on this current administration.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 01:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

The Very sad part is that they have to lower themselves to this type of tactics. Besides it's not like those persons have a clean record.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 04:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Tombstone_3
^ Dead on there, buddy. The mass of our voters are idiots and believe the shit the Bush campaign spew. They don't look at what this current administration has done and who it benefitted and who it hurt. And they keep ignoring that the only attack in our homeland since the U-boats of WWII was on this current administration.
That's a stretch. By stretch I mean crock. That wasn't even the 1st attack on the towers. Clinton was in charge when they were bombed in '93, but that doesn't hurt Bush so you "forgot" it.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2004, 05:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
I hate people

Yeah but just because we got attacked once it doesn't give The Boogie Man Cheney and Hastert the right to tell that you opponent supports terrorists.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 06:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
BRING IT ON

Angel of Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Angel of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E
Scare tactics pure and simple, what is sad is that a large portion of the US population buys into this political crap. Mudslinging at it's finest, grasping at straws trying to do all they can to discredit Kerry (Note: I am not a Kerry supporter).

This I agree with. But why try to discredit each other why not try to go back and do what is best for the Country.

Thanks to Monica
Angel of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2004, 06:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Light
This I agree with. But why try to discredit each other why not try to go back and do what is best for the Country.
I would have to say because essientally neither candidate or party is truely going to do what's best for the country. They will do what is best for them and if it helps us out then great...if it hurts us fuck it, we're too stupid to tell the difference anyways. So long as we have the precious media to tell us everything is ok then all is well.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2004, 06:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
BRING IT ON

Angel of Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Angel of Light

I dont trust the media either. In fact if the media wasnt so forthcoming with everything I think things would be alot different. With out all the media attention there would be less mud slinging.

Thanks to Monica
Angel of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2004, 06:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

Joe, that garage thing in '93 absolutely doesn't matter. Did it bring down the towers? Well the U-boats didn't do much of anything either, so it goes further back to December 7, 1941.

Either way, I laugh when I hear people say "I'm voting Bush because he will keep us safe". HAHA! Hey you dolt, 9/11 was on him. They ignored the information. And Cheyney sold weapons to terrorists, how safe do you feel now?

And then there are these morons: 'Well Kerry will destroy the military". Hey,Kerry actually served, Bush and Cheyney didn't. ANd, Bush has taken an undersized military and stretched it too thin. Bush has done more harm then good to the military. Kerry would encourage other nations involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan, so the burden would lessen on us and help repair our foreign relations, which Bush has ruined. So, Kerry will HELP the military and not hurt it.

Well that was OT.

Late.
Old 21 Sep 2004, 02:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
Republican House Spaker Dennis Hastert made quite an inproper and I should say Shameful remark saying that Al-Qaeda is rooting for Kerry for the 2004 elections.
Well, for starters, you could post that quote. I'm sure you could find it if you're going to launch an attack on him. So next time, please have all your facts in place before going off on your tirade.

Quote:
This comment is pretty much a follow up comment made by Dick "The Boogie Man" Cheney on the RNC stating in short terms "Vote for Kerry and terrorists would invade US, burn our homes and Rape our wives".
wow, that's some nice paraphrasing there. It's actually a lot closer to "kerry's terroist strategy would make it easier to attack again." But since no liberal ever wants to get the quote right, they'd much rather bend it to their own needs. Face it, Chenney said nothing that was unfair. Kerry's terroism pollicy is to react rather than protect. He has a right to say it. It wasn't some massive personal attack the way it's been rewritten countless times by the liberals. But we see the democrats screaming everyday about Bush not making us safer. Don't we. But suddenly if Cheney makes a rather similar claim against Kerry, then it's some massivily blown out of proportion plattform to launch an attack from. I like how you support this, but only from your side. Thanks for the paraphrase, I'll have to remember it so i can always see how far some ppl are willing to walk away from the truth in order to suit their own agenda.

Quote:
I would like to ask them on what they base themselves on comments like those.
Easy, Kerry's plan to meet "Any and all attacks with swift and decisive recourse." Now I just quoted Kerry, since I'm not going to dig around lexus for the source, but it's a hell of a lot closer than the filth you just posted. The fact is, Kerry's wait and see attitude is exactly what Cheney questions. That's what his remark is based on. Unfortunatly the wait and see attitude didn't work for the 8 years that Clinton sat in office. The attack on the barracks, the Cole, the first WTC attack etc. All these things that Clinton did nothing about simply encouraged Al Queeda and Co. Oh, but Clinton responded by blowing up an aspirin factory, which his admin. claimed was part of a wmd compound. LOL. I would appreciate if you would hold your own party's lies to the same starndards. But I don't think I need to paraphrase this one. To the entire world "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Quote:
I know pretty much they would come with a political ad slogan of any kind saying that Bush is our man yadda yadda yadaa.
You know what? What ads are you refering to and where does this come from anyway?

Quote:
The truth is that those comments are just injustified and right now idiotic from Dick Cheney and Dennis Hastert.
Oh, but have you bothered to react to the things you hear from Kennedy, Gore, Edwards, Kerry, Dean? Have you paid any attention to the huge smear campain run on 60mins? No? Gore attacking the president saying "He betrayed the country," Dean promoting his theroy that Bush orchestrated 9/11, Kerry's speach today? Where he ran off a list of pety name calling? Did you react to any of that with the same moral outrage you have right now against Chenney? Yeah, I didn't think so. The fact that the democratic party is scrabbling to attack Bush at every opportunity means nothing to you does it. Does Dan Rather going off on a huge smear against Bush, trying desparatly to attack his record, going so far as to use FORGED documents bother you? Nothing Hastert or Cheney could say would even come close to this. Nothing. The DNC is in on the act too. I really hope you have enough sense to see what sort of baseless, shamefull attack this it. They created false documents and then tried to attack Bush with them. This is something you should be outraged at. This is something you should be ashamed to see your candidate involved in.

Quote:
Instead of commiting themselves into clean politics and focus on their campaigns, they have turned into shameless fear smear campaign aimed at those who are stupid enough to believe any of them.
Well, you could apply that to either party, and I hope you do, because whether you want to admit it or not, the democratic party is doing everything it can to attack Bush, whether it be through fake documents, Kerry switching his stance every day in order to pander to voters, or sitting by and watching Moore launch the greatest propoganda film in 50 years.

Quote:
This is not the first time Hastrert has made such stupid remarks.
Actually, I don't think it's that stupid a remark. If you look at what Al Queda got away with under the last administration, I'm pretty sure they want Kerry in office too.

Quote:
Not long ago he made quite an ndecent and very ridiculous Remark on Fox News Sunday stating that Billionare George Soros gets his money from a drug cartel.
Yeah, just like Bush organized the war in Iraq for Haliburton Another example of you holding one parties comments to a different standard. Although I don't quite think implying where someone got their money from is as bad as progressing a conspiracy theory at the expense of human lives. But hey, I won't defend Hastert on this since what he said was stupid. I just want to make sure that you can see what sort of selective standards you're applying.

Quote:
Soros has been a pain in the ass for Republicans in quite some time since he donates money to independent groups who launch ads against the Republicans.
Well, Soros is huge contributor to moveon. Hardly an "independent" group you think. And yes, he has a shitload of money and he funds a radical left organization somewhere at 15.5 million. He's also donated 10 mil to ACT. A pain in the ass, sure. Full of outlandish theory's, sure. Able to accomplish what a group of veterans against Kerry did, hardly. For all moveon's attacks they have made very little impact in the greater scheme, namely, oust Bush. But of course, when some vets question kerry's stories and events they are put under as nothing but shameful attacks lol. So I guess you and the democratic party fully support moveon's ludicris moves but want to shut down a group of soldiers, who have just as much freedom of speech, to set the record straight about kerry's service. Is that it? Or is it even easier to cry out against evil corporate assholes unless they're funding a leftwing foundation or a presidential candidate? You tell me.

Quote:
The following is the remark he made.

"You know, I don’t know where George Soros gets his money. I don’t know where — if it comes overseas or from drug groups or where it comes from,” Hastert mused. An astonished Chris Wallace asked: “Excuse me?” The Speaker went on: “Well, that’s what he’s been for a number years — George Soros has been for legalizing drugs in this country. So, I mean, he’s got a lot of ancillary interests out there.” Wallace: “You think he may be getting money from the drug cartel?” Hastert: “I’m saying I don’t know where groups - could be people who support this type of thing. I’m saying we don’t know."
Yep, that's pretty evil and shocking allright. Let's see what Soros has to say about Bush then.

"Asked whether he would trade his $7 billion fortune to unseat Bush, Soros opened his mouth. Then he closed it. The proposal hung in the air: Would he become poor to beat Bush? He said, "If someone guaranteed it."

"It would be too immodest for a private person to set himself up against the president," he said. "But it is, in fact" -- he chuckled -- "the Soros Doctorine."

Soros has grown alarmed at the influence of neoconservatives, whom he calls "a bunch of extremists guided by a crude form of social Darwinism."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

And that's what I got off one article. Truly a man who is beyond reproach. So Hastert mocks him, albeit in poor taste. Big Deal. I hardly feel sympathy for Soros, a man who by all rights is actually trying to buy an election. But I guess that doesn't worry you. For all your cries of foul play, you sure picked the wrong guy to defend.

Quote:
And Again on May 20, 2004 he attacks senator John McCain questioning his Republican credentials since he has challenged the Republican Party Several times when McCain saying that that he did not had Fiscal Responsibilities. Just because MCain has an opinion it doesn't mean he has betrayed the party. He's not a mindless sheep.
No he's not. neither am I, i hope you're not either. But this is really shaking my faith. But lets take for example the treatment that Zell Miller recieved from his party shall we. Traitor, Racist, insane etc. Lovely treatment huh? But again, this would have to call into question your selective standards. You can rally behind Gore's lunitic speaches all you want and not blink an eye, and yet when someone from your own party disagrees, then let the attack dogs fly. So tell me then, is miller a mindless sheep for standing up against a man that he doesn't belive in or is he just a mindless dixiecrat fool throwing bombs? Last time I checked there was room for McCain to endorss the president, and like many prominent members of the Repulican party, they don't agree on everything. Not everything is cut and dry. Abortion, gay marriage, defense etc. Party lines that once divided dems and reps blur quite a bit. And while I think it's great that you're trying to include Mcain in your case, as if to make your non-partisian bashing hold more ground, I'm willing to bet you have some choice words for miller.

Quote:
Since he doesn't know anything or he runs out of thing to sttack... well he has to make things about people. For people like him is the reason why political partied get a bad reputation.
Now for laughs.

That quote, right there, is exactly how millions of ppl feel about Moore. And that quote could apply to him like none other.

Which further goes to prove, that you can't attack one party for doing what the other party is doing. Especiallly when the statements can go either way just by changing the name.

Quote:
Your thoughts about this.
My thoughts you have. Sorry to single you out, since I don't agree with a lot of the other posting in this thread either, but I can only handle one thing at a time, and I figured it was worth responding to your post than the comments after. But if I had the time, I certainly would.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote