ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Can someone answer this for me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Sep 2004, 01:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Default Can someone answer this for me?

Why exactly does the Bush camp require people to sign loyalty oaths, pledging their votes to Bush BEFORE getting into a rally?

Shouldn't a rally be there to sway people to his side?
Shouldn't he want people to hear what he has to say before he commands them to vote for him?

This is pretty much a question for the Republicans roaming around here. I'd like some kind of serious answer please...if anyone can give me a good one, I'd appreciate that.

It's just ,to me anyways, I always assumed a rally was there to help gain new votes to get more support...so I assumed you'd want some people there who didnt already support you.Maybe I'm wrong tho.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I can't answer that one.....I don't know.....I'll look into it at the Republican party office in town if I get a chance.....

maybe if their could be peaceful protesting they wouldn't do it....but like I said, I don't really know.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2004, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

You know I find that odd. I know you could register to be a supporter for a political party but why Republicans try to force you into a Loyalty oath. It happened to me on 2000 when I stopped on a republican rally to hear the Governor speaking. A republican representative was flying all over me trying to sway me to sign the oath. That ain't cool man.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2004, 01:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fallen to the Dark Side

SavageYoda is on a distinguished road

it's just like any other business, sometimes you use aggressive tactics to insure a sale.

Fear... fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hate leads to voting for John Kerry, because hate blinds you.
John Kerry as president leads to suffering.
SavageYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2004, 01:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Yeah aggressive tactics like mine in enticing Stunner to join me in the IWO maybe I should make him sign a loyalty oath.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 02:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli Sabbah
Yeah aggressive tactics like mine in enticing Stunner to join me in the IWO maybe I should make him sign a loyalty oath.
Hello my good man...it appears as tho you are lost. I believe you were looking for the Off Topic Forum. It is an easy to mistake to make seeing as this is actually a subforum of Off Topic.
I appreciate your enthusiasm in posting....please keep up the good work.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 02:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Oh id better be back off to my wrestling forum then I appear to have lost my way. Feel free to call Allis oasis though and ask myself or Chris Stunner some questions. (Waves goodbye as he walks off)
Old 18 Sep 2004, 03:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I don't really know. Probably to "Strengthen The Base" or some shit like that. I don't really have a problem with it though. A rally is for the party to gather some steam and energize themselves. It's not like speaking at some function to sway voters. At least, that's what I've always understood it to be. A candidate has a rally with volunteers for his party and members like that.

At any rate, I don't really think it's as insulting as the Democrats saying who wonderfull it is for protesters to excericise their first amendment rights, then safely caging them up in a "Free Speach Zone" when they don't like the message LMAO.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2004, 09:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

There is surely an ulterior motive, and your question can only be answered with specific reference to Bush's "loyalty oath" by a couple of people...because I'm sure no more than five people (and W may not even be one of them) came up with that [sarcasm]brilliant[/sarcasm] idea.

exo mentioned the "Free Speech Zone" at the DNC but honestly, something to that effect happens at every NC. The homeless of the area are loaded onto trucks and taken to god knows where so the delegates don't have to come down into reality in the middle of the big blind circle jerk that both the DNC and RNC are.

My opinion as to why W's rallieers have to sign that oath is pretty basic. He's a politician and according to the Mirriam-Glue's Dictionary...well, I'll just quote it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirriam-Glue's Dictionary: Concise Edition
Politician - n. Person occupying or running for public office of any kind. Spectrum ranges from the Commander In Chief on down to Board of Education Member. In most cases, these people are paranoid, lying, gutless, greedy slimeballs marked by a knack for smiling brightly as they lie to millions of people at a time while simultaneously not giving a shit. While some have shown a knack for honest hard work (see - McCain R-AZ, Schumer D-NY, et. al. under "political anomalies"), most care only for the next term in office or the next rung on the ladder.
Also...

Quote:
Political Anomalies - misc People who despite being by definition 'politicians' exhibit dilligence, class and integrity. In most cases, such people have no chance of ever winning their respective parties' nomination for the position of Commander In Chief.
That really doesn't answer your question Kurt sorry, except to say that all politicians care only about winning their next election. Noone likes a dissenter in a circle jerk.

BTW, I am Conservative and not Republican...there's a subtle difference.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2004, 03:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

They want to get those pledges because Bush barely beat Gore, and idiot. ANd Kerry is a serious threat to the Bush admin.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2004, 04:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

But they have been doing it before Bush I think.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote