ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Who would the world vote for?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2004, 09:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.
Default Who would the world vote for?

Quote:
World 'wants Kerry as president'
A new poll in 35 countries suggests that people around the world would prefer Democratic challenger John Kerry as US president over George W Bush.
Global research company GlobeScan Inc and the University of Maryland found clear leads for Mr Kerry among those polled in 30 of the countries.

Only Filipino, Polish and Nigerian respondents clearly backed Mr Bush.

Most said Mr Bush's foreign policy had made them feel worse about the US since his election in 2000.

"Kerry would win handily if the people of the world were to elect the US president"
Steven Kull
Maryland University

Meanwhile, a new survey of American and European public attitudes also suggested there had been a dramatic leap in the latter's criticism of US foreign policy.
More than three-quarters of Europeans surveyed in 10 countries by the German Marshall Fund of the US said they disapproved of President Bush's international actions, 20% more than two years ago.

The survey also showed sharp differences in how governments should respond to potential threats from terrorism and weapons of mass destruction.

More than 80% of Americans thought war could achieve justice - more than twice the proportion of Europeans.

Traditional allies

The GlobeScan/Maryland poll, of 34,330 people, was conducted mainly in July and August.

Because of access difficulties, polling was restricted to metropolitan areas in 11 of the countries.

"Only one in five want to see Bush re-elected," said Steven Kull, the director of Maryland's Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA).

"Though he is not as well known, Kerry would win handily if the people of the world were to elect the US president."

Mr Kerry scored best in traditional US allies, such as Canada and Western European countries.

The highest margin was in Norway, where 74% of respondents backed Mr Kerry compared with just 7% for Mr Bush. The strongest negative views about US foreign policy appeared to come from Germany, where 83% said their view of the US had got worse.

Respondents in all the Latin American countries polled, including neighbours Mexico, also went for the Democrat, with the biggest majority - 57% to 14% - in Brazil.

The picture was more mixed in Asia. Only respondents in the Philippines clearly backed Mr Bush, but there was an almost even divide in India and Thailand.

Organisers of the poll attributed the Philippine result to US aid to a military campaign against Islamist rebels in the south of the country.

POLL RESULTS (KERRY-BUSH)
Norway: 74%-7%
Germany: 74%-10%
France: 64%-5%
Italy: 58%-14%
Spain: 45%-7%
UK: 47%-16%
Canada: 61%-16%
Mexico: 38%-18%
Brazil: 57%-14%
China: 52%-12%
Japan: 43%-32%
Indonesia: 57%-34%
India: 34%-33%
Philippines: 32%-57%
Nigeria: 33%-27%
Poland: 26%-31%
Thailand: 30%-33%
Source: GlobeScan Inc/University of Maryland PIPA

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...as/3640754.stm

Published: 2004/09/09 11:33:31 GMT
I read this article and felt it was interesting enough to pass on.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2004, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Norway: 74%-7%
Germany: 74%-10%
France: 64%-5% (do you really want to agree with the French in the 1st place?)
Italy: 58%-14%
Spain: 45%-7% (They gave in to terrorists. I don't care)
UK: 47%-16%
Canada: 61%-16%
Mexico: 38%-18% (alright that is so far away from majority that it doesn't matter at all. Also, try their cousins who live here illeagaly)
Brazil: 57%-14%
China: 52%-12% (Why would we want to agree with the Commies?)
Japan: 43%-32%
Indonesia: 57%-34% (Last time I read about them they were firing at anything that can be remotely considered American. I don't want to agree with the anti-Americans!)
India: 34%-33% (This close and this far from majority: irrelevant)
Philippines: 32%-57%
Nigeria: 33%-27% (see India)
Poland: 26%-31% (see Nigeria
Thailand: 30%-33% (see Poland)

All of these have two things in common.
1) Their votes are irrelevant as they are not Americans
2) We should not care about irrelevant votes.

I apologize for the c&p, but I use it to get my point accross.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2004, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

The world hates Bush, we already know that. But thanks for proving it more so
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2004, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I had a thread about the fact that we are hated but no one responded. Apparently y'all would rather complain than think.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2004, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucheaux
I had a thread about the fact that we are hated but no one responded. Apparently y'all would rather complain than think.
I just found the article interesting and felt like posting it. I just don't really care to give my opinion on the subject.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2004, 08:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fallen to the Dark Side

SavageYoda is on a distinguished road

I blame the world media for reasons of the world's hatred of Bush more then I blame Bush for bringing it on himself. Bush has done the best that any president could do under the circumstances, I regret the mass loss of life that took place during his presidency. But I don't blame Bush for it, I blame the Islamo fascists.

FTW, I'm voting Bush.
SavageYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2004, 11:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

again, the world is saying "We would vote for anyone other than Bush"......not, "we will vote for John Kerry".....

I could blah, blah, blah about this.....but why?.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2004, 08:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Shame...the world should take a closer look at Nader. The guy's a nutjob to be sure, but he's dead on when it comes to his position on all the crap in Washington. He's running on the Independence Ticket this year. Honestly, while he stands no chance in Hell, his first priority would probably be to cut through all the bullshit politicking that happens on both sides up on The Hill, and start focusing on ways to make American government more efficient.

Too bad neither would ever happen...well, moreso the latter. I wouldn't vote for Nader in my lifetime, but he'd get under a lot of people's skin up there, and it could've been beautiful.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2004, 09:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

I love this thread.........our prime minister here talks about how we are such important allies of the USA but we didnt even get a mention in a list where even half assed countries no one cares about got a say.

thanks for the thread towlie.
ROTFLMAO.
Peace out from the country that has ZERO say in world affairs.........AUSTRALIA

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2004, 10:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I'd like a vote in who's running around in the U.N.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote