ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

A Nation Remembers... yeah let's remember.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Sep 2004, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Default A Nation Remembers... yeah let's remember.

Three years after more than 3,000 people died in the sttacks of the September 11 let's sit down and remember this day shall we.

Things we should remember

* Iraq has been liberated from a brutal dictator. By the way why are we invading a country that has absolutely nothing to with 9/11. And what did we got? Over 1,000 soldiers dead and over 6,000 wounded. Oh yeah let's remember that too.

* Saddam Husseing is now behind and a terrible man will not torture anymore. By the way shall I remember also that Osama Bin Laden out primary target is still free while Iraq has turned into Hog heaven for the Jihad and several other terrorist roups.

* We have 140,000 soldiers in Iraq fighting for Iraq's freedom. Oh by the way do I have to remember too that there are only 17,000 in Afganistan, The Taliban is making a comeback, car bombings on the rise and warlords are resurging once again. Oh yeah let's remember that too.

* The people from Iraq are free from Saddam and finaly will be a free nation. Oh yeah it has never been easier to find insurgents and more recluits for Al-Qaeda making Iraq a fertile ground for terror. Damn I gotta remember that too

* The path for freedom s on it's way. But wait isn't Osama Bin Laden having more Success? He has de-stabilized the Middle Least, Hijacked the Islam culture and he has inpired other terrorist groups to follow his footsteps I.E. Russian School Massacre, Madrid train bombings etc. So yeah we have to remember that too.

Well while we remember let's see what we have learned from this too while we're at it.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2004, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
Three years after more than 3,000 people died in the sttacks of the September 11 let's sit down and remember this day shall we.

Things we should remember

* Iraq has been liberated from a brutal dictator. By the way why are we invading a country that has absolutely nothing to with 9/11. And what did we got? Over 1,000 soldiers dead and over 6,000 wounded. Oh yeah let's remember that too.

* Saddam Husseing is now behind and a terrible man will not torture anymore. By the way shall I remember also that Osama Bin Laden out primary target is still free while Iraq has turned into Hog heaven for the Jihad and several other terrorist roups.

* We have 140,000 soldiers in Iraq fighting for Iraq's freedom. Oh by the way do I have to remember too that there are only 17,000 in Afganistan, The Taliban is making a comeback, car bombings on the rise and warlords are resurging once again. Oh yeah let's remember that too.

* The people from Iraq are free from Saddam and finaly will be a free nation. Oh yeah it has never been easier to find insurgents and more recluits for Al-Qaeda making Iraq a fertile ground for terror. Damn I gotta remember that too

* The path for freedom s on it's way. But wait isn't Osama Bin Laden having more Success? He has de-stabilized the Middle Least, Hijacked the Islam culture and he has inpired other terrorist groups to follow his footsteps I.E. Russian School Massacre, Madrid train bombings etc. So yeah we have to remember that too.

Well while we remember let's see what we have learned from this too while we're at it.
agreed.

my name is now WallsOfJericho, so yes, i am again, the walls of jericho.
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2004, 05:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Okay ST.....I understand where part of this is coming from, but I'm going to look at it, if I may.....

Quote:
Iraq has been liberated from a brutal dictator.
Iraq has been liberated from the most brutal dictator since Adolf Hitler.....a man that wasn't trying to destroy a nation of Jews, rather he was destroying his own people.....a man that had mass graves dug and filled with the bodies of people he determined had no right to live....a man whose regime destroyed athletes because they didn't win, that persecuted (read: raped, sodomized, brutalized) women because they thought of them as no better than slaves.....

Saddam Hussein is the most sadistic man to have lived in you or I's lifetimes.....his reign of terror on the people of Iraq would have extended long beyond his death, as his sons would have then been in power.....this is the type of man that, if he didn't like the way you looked at him, would have you beheaded in front of your wife and children.....

we cannot just say that Iraq was liberated from a brutal dictator because that does not begin to portray the violence and heathenistic things that went on because of him.....we must look at this and say that Iraq has been liberated from a man who wanted to be Satan himself.....listen to what he had to say.....you've heard of the anti-Christ?.....that's what Hussein wanted to be.....

I could lay it out for you, and show you all of the things that he did to try and make himself compare to the sadistic rulers in the world's history.....from building the palaces according to the Pharoahs of Egypt to having Hitler's list of daily life.....he was/is a horrific man, someone whom you and I cannot fathom his evilness.....

Quote:
By the way why are we invading a country that has absolutely nothing to with 9/11.
this war with Iraq never had anything to do with the attacks of 9/11.....they had to do with the fact that according to the sources of the world, Iraq was working on the capability to create biological and chemical warfare, they were a known supplier to terrorists, and the reign of Saddam Hussein had to come to an end......

the two largest military superpowers the world has to offer both came to the same conclusion and decided to act upon it.....not three years earlier, the same decision had been brought before the president of the US and he had decided sanctions were in order.....US Congress agreed that it had a real threat in the country of Iraq......not just a threat to the US, but a threat to the entire free world.....Clinton's administration enforced those sanctions.....Hussein decided he didn't want the UN to be there any more.....he stuck his nose up at the UN, the US in particular......Bush's administration did what had to be done.....Hussein could no longer be trusted, no longer be given chance after chance to comply with the UN's sanctions.....make no mistake.....this war didn't start because of 9/11.....it was accelerated because of 9/11, but the war was going to happen either way.....

Quote:
Saddam Husseing is now behind and a terrible man will not torture anymore.
thank God.....

Quote:
By the way shall I remember also that Osama Bin Laden our primary target is still free
I could talk about the fact that the former administration had the opportunity to have Osama Bin Laden in captivity in 1996, but they deemed him to not be a threat to the US......instead, I will talk about the fact that there is no existing proof that Osama Bin Laden is still alive......but if he is, I cannot hide my disappointment.....the man deserves the same fate as Hussein.....

Quote:
Iraq has turned into Hog heaven for the Jihad and several other terrorist roups
there are fewer radicals in Iraq now than ever before, thanks to the presence of a liberated government and oh, about 140,000 of America's finest......so I don't quite understand this statement......they are hiding in caves rather than running free in the streets.....

Quote:
We have 140,000 soldiers in Iraq fighting for Iraq's freedom. Oh by the way do I have to remember too that there are only 17,000 in Afganistan
in Iraq, we faced a known, seen enemy.....one that was willing to look us in the eyes and fight or surrender.....an army of a nation......in Afghanistan, we face the Thaliban.....we face terrorists that employ coward's devices.....men that strap bombs to children.....a faceless enemy.....it is not the government of Afghanistan that we are fighting there.....it is not the armed forces of the country of Afghanistan.....so why would we have a mass force in that country?.....

Quote:
The Taliban is making a comeback, car bombings on the rise and warlords are resurging once again.
there have been fewer bombings like this since the insurgence of US and British Military forces in Iraq and Afghanistan than in the previous three year time period.....if there is an actual resurgence, the armed forces that are there will begin to swell.....it is nearly impossible to stop again, an unseen army.....but it has been possible to contain it.....

Quote:
The people from Iraq are free from Saddam and finaly will be a free nation. Oh yeah it has never been easier to find insurgents and more recluits for Al-Qaeda making Iraq a fertile ground for terror.
I'm again a bit confused by this statement.....those radicals from the Iraqi army have now attempted to continue to be radicals, I suppose, but that doesn't mean there are more recruits for Al-Quaeda.....it means there are people that are against freedom and liberty, and they are so stupid they think they need to follow Jihadism.....believe me when I say that the Iraqi radicals are more subdued now, by far, than they were when Saddistic Insane was in power......

Quote:
The path for freedom s on it's way. But wait isn't Osama Bin Laden having more Success? He has de-stabilized the Middle Least, Hijacked the Islam culture and he has inpired other terrorist groups to follow his footsteps I.E. Russian School Massacre, Madrid train bombings etc
the Islamic culture has long been the breeding ground for radical groups.....terrorists abound just as they always have.....America looks at it differently since 9/11 because of the fact that WE WERE ATTACKED.....there are no more overall terrorist groups and followers than before.....but we weren't involved, because it didn't seem to involve us.....

Grenada, Panama.....Guerrilla warfare.....those things didn't phase America because we believed we were above it.....9/11 changed that thought.....

but it is not the fault of our current administration.....nor is it the fault of the previous one.....it is the fault of the US sitting on our high horse, looking over the world and smugly thinking no one would dare touch us.....

that.....that is what we have learned from 9/11.....we are not above the rest of the world.....we are not beyond reproach, we are not beyond fear.....we are not beyond being attacked.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2004, 01:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Matthews
agreed.
Are you just trying to get your post count up??

Anyway...it's good that people can make the distinction between Saddam and Osama. I know everyone else does. Some people took Sept 11th as an opportunity to remember the tragedy, the way a nation put aside partisanship and pulled together albeit briefly, and the way we all knew that terrorism needs to be met head on if we're to combat it.

Here we are three years later, and all people want to do is whine and moan. "Iraq, Iraq, Iraq..." Okay listen, 09/11 isn't about Iraq...it's about 09/11. Try to have some respect.

Fact is that Saddam was in violation of a UN resolution, and it was a resolution that clearly stated that military intervention would result in such an event. If he had WMDs, was looking into acquiring them or he was jerking the world around is irrelevant. We were simply complying with UN mandate.

Of course this is an election year and libs are still seething about not being able to recount each and every vote cast in 2000 and not being allowed to change enough votes for Algore to have won, so they ignore that we were simply doing what International Law required of the situation.

Also, I hate to have to be the one to tell you...but Al Qaeda isn't the only terrorist group in the world. All terrorist groups are a threat, but those who are a threat to the US and US interest along with countries that harbor, aid and support such groups. Iraq was such a country, and they were still in violation of UN Mandate...is or was Osama in Iraq?? Probably not, but that's not the issue. Please for the love of god, get your head out of your asses.

I know none of the libs will, they can't concentrate on actual issues because they're aware that they're not going to win this election. So they harp and harp and harp on Iraq, hoping that their whining will change the outcome at the polls. It won't...it only makes you look like a whiney little bitch.

And the last thing for me to say about this: Blah, blah, blah, blah...wake me up when you've said something new and relevant.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2004, 03:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Anyway...it's good that people can make the distinction between Saddam and Osama. I know everyone else does. Some people took Sept 11th as an opportunity to remember the tragedy, the way a nation put aside partisanship and pulled together albeit briefly, and the way we all knew that terrorism needs to be met head on if we're to combat it.

Here we are three years later, and all people want to do is whine and moan. "Iraq, Iraq, Iraq..." Okay listen, 09/11 isn't about Iraq...it's about 09/11. Try to have some respect.
I agree with you completely...until here.

Quote:
Fact is that Saddam was in violation of a UN resolution, and it was a resolution that clearly stated that military intervention would result in such an event. If he had WMDs, was looking into acquiring them or he was jerking the world around is irrelevant. We were simply complying with UN mandate.
The UN did not support us going into Iraq.

quick little sidenote:
The US went into Iraq right after we began the "War on Terror" we went in looking for WMD and Sadaams ties to Bin Laden....neither search was fruitful.
There were dozens of good reasons to go into Iraq. The US just decided to ignore the good ones, and use the reasons they couldnt prove.
If we had said we're going in because
-He's a genocidal maniac
-We fucked up by helping him gain power / we're cleaning up our mistake
-We're finishing the job from Desert Storm

any of those reasons I would have been ok with...well not OK , because I never support War. However those reasons would have been better IMO.

The very idea of going to war based on suspision scares the crap out of me. We need reasonable cause to gt a search warrant to just search a house here. The Us can go to WAR with another country without proof of its charges? That is not a thought that I like.

anyways...it wasn't as quick as I thought...my bad...back to the post.

Quote:
Of course this is an election year and libs are still seething about not being able to recount each and every vote cast in 2000 and not being allowed to change enough votes for Algore to have won, so they ignore that we were simply doing what International Law required of the situation.
I don't consider myself liberal....however the last election was bullshit. IF ever I have doubted the process it was that year. Bush lost the popular vote...The fact that the electoral college has the ability to say "Your Vote Doesn't Matter" makes me incredibly sad.Tho its been 4 years...the time for bitching has past...its time to move on. Tho I think AL Gore can still bitch, he got hosed.

[/QUOTE]

I hope that didnt come off to assinine...it quarter after 4...my thoughts start to get jumbled...I'll come back to this later tho
Old 16 Sep 2004, 02:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

Quote:
Are you just trying to get your post count up??
no. i'm just glad that someone else here thinks that. well i dunno if anyone else does, reaper is usually the one to speak out about it

my name is now WallsOfJericho, so yes, i am again, the walls of jericho.
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2004, 03:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^If anyone else does, they can speak. I don't think they'll be banned for something like that.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2004, 04:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucheaux
^If anyone else does, they can speak. I don't think they'll be banned for something like that.
Well they usually are not interested or are afraid of being chewed up.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 02:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
I hate people

You know right after I posted this a report was published about how weak iraq is and the war was literaly a failure since it left a country on the brink of disaster and a civil war highly likely. So in a sense I guess I hit it right on the head on this one.