ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Run that by me again?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Sep 2004, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!
 
Trevelbond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 15,038
Rep Power: 2832
Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default Run that by me again?

I will be watching at 5:00 today.

Quote:
CBS Now Says Announcement Will Be Made at 5:00 p.m. Sources: Will admit docs are false but content is not
Damn! Now THAT'S the way a major news network needs to handle this kind of scandal: Just thrust out the old jaw, put a little bit of agressive square in the shoulders and say, "All our evidence is bullshit, but the story is true anyway!!!"

Yeah.

When you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging. CBS doesn't seem to understand that fact.

And the sad part is, CBS ran the story as a political bombshell, discovered that nobody really gave a shit about 30 year-old TANG records for Bush, then had their own home-made bomb blow up in their faces. Oh, they MEANT to pull a Jihad, but they never wanted to be suicide bombers exploding far off-target.

That's why they're willing to keep right on digging lying.

-Dirty Harry-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2004, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!
 
Trevelbond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 15,038
Rep Power: 2832
Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default

Quote:
Statement by the President of CBS News,
Andrew Heyward:

'We established to our satisfaction that the memos were accurate or we would not have put them on television. There was a great deal of coroborating [sic] evidence from people in a position to know. Having said that, given all the questions about them, we believe we should redouble our efforts to answer those questions, so that's what we are doing'...
My Aching ass.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2004, 09:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people
 
Toof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,665
Rep Power: 140
Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Default

heh and you were thinking they were going to admit defeat.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2004, 01:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,845
Rep Power: 5826
Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default

Dan Rather, Forging ahead.

This shit is looking more and more like a full fledged DNC scandel every minute. Kerry's advisers and managers were talking to this lunitic. They had their little operation fortunate son mission. This is some serious shit and I wouldn't be suprised in the least to see it go all the way to Kerry himself. My god, this it the lengths to which the left will go to get bush out. This is really pathetic.
__________________

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!



Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2004, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing for now.
 
_UT_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,252
Rep Power: 57
_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_
Default

If Bush loses it wil be becasue of him and the people around him. Not becasue CBS showed the TRUTH about Bush's service, NONE. Bush and the GOP have been paying people and organizations to TRY and discredit Kerry's service, and it isn't working becasue people don't the mass of our voters (idiots) don't care.

I have always said a requirement to run for President should be that you spent one enlistment on active duty in one of our military branches. Even Gore had Bush beat on that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue totally owning and exposing EXO

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...


I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2004, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?
 
Oeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,773
Rep Power: 301
Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default

the discrediting of any of Kerry's service has dwindled to basically nothing.....SBVT and those people have backed off.....and, they never presented falsified documents.....this was a national news media outlet that stated these documents were correct and have now been classified as false.....

I find it humorous because the White House had the opportunity to look at the documents and basically said "whatever".....then CBS was stupid enough to try and run with it.....

true enough, UT.....Gore may have had Bush beaten when serving an active enlistment.....but where does that put Clinton?.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2004, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nothing for now.
 
_UT_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,252
Rep Power: 57
_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_
Default

Same boat as Bush Jr. Because Clinton was a draft dodger like Bush Jr. and beat two military veterans. Like I said, too many voters are morons. Although, I give them a mulligan in the 2000 election.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue totally owning and exposing EXO

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...


I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2004, 06:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
No Frills
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: I'm back here
Posts: 6,344
Rep Power: 254
Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default

I'll admit this now. If I were in CBS's shoes and I got this information, I would have reported the same thing.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2004, 10:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,845
Rep Power: 5826
Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Tombstone_3
If Bush loses it wil be becasue of him and the people around him.
True. Bush will win or lose on his own merits. Kerry is simply along for the ride.

Quote:
Not becasue CBS showed the TRUTH about Bush's service, NONE.
CBS did an amazing story based on fake documents. Bush's record has been scrutinized for 20 years. That's 20 years of putting his record on the line and being vindicated. The fact remains that Bush did nothing wrong in his service, never made any grandious claims about his service and never pinned his campaign on his sevice. Unfortunatly, in your quest to do anything to deface Bush, you're willing to believe in fake documents. Where's your moral outrage at being lied to on national TV? Where's your moral outrage at Dan Rather and Kerry's campaign for launching an attack on Bush with forged/fake/false documents? This is how far you and the liberals are willing to go to discredit Bush. You're willing to use any tactic, no matter how imoral, how unjust, in order to try to get back at Bush.


Quote:
Bush and the GOP have been paying people and organizations to TRY and discredit Kerry's service, and it isn't working...
Well let's see. Who have Bush and the GOP been paying? I'm curious, because you don't have a single shred of proof to back up that ridiculous claim. Are you upset about soft money donations then? Are you going to attack moveon and ACT? no, you won't. Same thing, but you don't really care. SBVT is a soft money foundation or whatever. They came out against Kerry when he made his claims. They came out against him when Kerry denounced and demoralized them. And guess what? They have every single right in the world to critisize Kerry and his service. They did the legwork, they did the research and they told their stories. You may say it didn't hurt Kerry, but every single political anylist will tell you differently. Kerry's service is full of holes. His claims have been refutted or clarified by hundreds of these veterans.

But no, you'd rather defend a false CBS telecast. Now, here's another thing you should at least have some outrage at. SBVT is nothing but a group of veterans telling thier side of the story. CBS and the DNC worked in tandem with fake evidence to try and discredit Bush. And you still believe them. Even after all the proof that it was fake. Even after CBS admittied (eventually) it's guilt. Your hatred blinds you to the truth and you still lash out against Bush. Amazing.

Quote:
...becasue people don't the mass of our voters (idiots) don't care.
I have no idea what this part of your sentence is supposed to say. Are you saying the most voters are idiots? Are you saying that idiots don't care so only non-idiots would seek the truth behind Kerry's past? Did you learn this language from TREEEEEEEZA? Or are you saying that you would question Bush's record and service so vehemently that you would ignore the facts in order to fullfill your own version of the truth? I guess it also means that you're too afraid to look into Kerry's record, because if you did, you might be confronted with things you don't like and that you might have to question.

Quote:
I have always said a requirement to run for President should be that you spent one enlistment on active duty in one of our military branches. Even Gore had Bush beat on that.
And you don't consider any of the national guard soldiers as being on active duty? There must be a president who faught in a war? I don't understand why you think this is an intelligent statement, but thank God you don't make the rules for being president. And in typical liberal fashion, you pardon Clinton (A true draft dodger if ever there was one) and anyone else on your party who is at fault.
__________________

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!



Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2004, 10:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nothing for now.
 
_UT_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,252
Rep Power: 57
_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_
Default

First off, Bush's service is tainted. Go do some research and quit believing what the GOP spews out. He missed eight months of drills, and when he returned he REFUSED to take a physical. ANd I didn'tge that from TV or whatever. I searched around to see what kind of service Kerry, Bush, and even Gore did. The fact remains Kerry served and Bush didn't.

I'm Army National Guard. So, Already I know better than anybody here about military issues. Active duty is when you ar in the service everyday out of the year, not once a month for 2-3 days and two weeks for AT. Here I'll make it official for you, The Department Of Defense, the Department of the Army, the Department of the Navy, and the Department of the Air Force define reserves and National Gaurd as NOT ACTIVE DUTY, and PART TIME SERVICE MEMBERS. That is why when a reserve or National Guard unti gets deployed it takes 2-4 months before they actually get to where they were deployed to. They don't have the training, decipline, or are in the physical condition as the ACTIVE DUTY troops. SO, RESERVE AND NATIONAL GUARD TROOPS SHOULD NEVER BE MISTAKEN FOR ACTIVE DUTY (unless they are activated).

And listen carefully. Most voters are idiots. THey are stupid. They demonstrate this by not voting for the real military veteran and by not looking at what the current administration has done and the background of the president and VICE-president. Otherwise, Bush Sr. would have served twice, or Clinton would have served once and Dole would have won,or maybe Gore could have at least won his home state.

If our voters had intelligence they would believe the shit the Bush admin. spews out, and would say stupid shit like "I feel safer with Bush", or "Kerry will kill the military". If they would look at what Bush/Cheyney have done, they would know those staements are false.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue totally owning and exposing EXO

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...


I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2004, 12:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,845
Rep Power: 5826
Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default

And I trust you've seen Kerry's record on the military? His voting record? His stance on, well, anything? If you weren't an idiot, you'd have to realize his faults. But since you're just an anti Bush zealot, nothing you say or do really has any bearance on reality

And the fact remains that Kerry got medals for 3 scratches. And the fact remains that Kerry met secretly with the VC. And the fact remains that Kerry betrayed every single veitnam veteran. And the fact remains that your idea of having to serve in combat is a prerequiset to being president is ludicris. And the fact remains that you have failed to even counter convincingly any of my arguments. And the fact remains that you believe what you want to hear regardless of whether it has any basis in reality. And the fact remans that you draw enourmous generalizations about the citizens of this country by calling them idiots because they don't agree with you. And the fact remains that you think voters are idiots because they dont' vote based on military background when most voters want to hear about what's happening now, not 30 years ago. Any other facts you'd like me to lay out? Should we talk about education???
__________________

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!



Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.

Attribution:
Powered by Yahoo Answers



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.