ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Devils Advocate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Sep 2004, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default Devils Advocate

The pathetic joke known as the 1994 ban on "Assault Weapons" is set to expire at midnight tonight, and the bill appears to be headed for a timely death. It was never anything but a joke, hustled by Diane Feinstein, who wouldn't know an "assault weapon" from a barking dog. That was one pussified law.

Some people remain pussified

Quote:
Over the last decade, buying an assault weapon hasn't been as easy as it once was. For that you can credit Congress, which decided in 1994 that rapid-fire killing machines have no proper place in American life. Apparently that conclusion has been renounced, for assault weapons are even now rushing back into gun shops. Today marks the expiration of the ban -- and the coming of a great shopping opportunity for gunsters.
No, "assault weapons" ARE NOT rushing back into gun shops. It's still illegal to own a fully-automatic weapon, which is what a genuine assault weapon is. All lifting the ban will do is allow people to by scary-looking guns that made the pussified piss their pants when they see one, even though the gun is no more lethal or murderous than a host of other guns that remained legal.

Quote:
Never mind that most Americans strongly backed the ban.
Most Americans also supported slavery and opposed desegregation of public schools, too. Most Americans can be really full of shit sometimes. That's why we live in a REPUBLIC instead of a pure democracy.

Quote:
This raises an old question: Given the broad support it enjoyed, how could the ban possibly fizzle? Give credit to America's gunmakers and their shills at the National Rifle Association, who rely on subtle threats, high-profile lobbying and shrewdly targeted donations to avert interference with unfettered gun sales. There's also the gun lobby's duping claim that the assault-weapons ban has hurt hunters and sport-shooters: The ban focused only a small class (many say too small) of shoot-from-the-hip military weapons; semiautomatic hunting rifles and pistols stayed on the market.
Oh, gag me. We don't have "unfettered gun sales." That's nothing but a fucking lie. This entire bill was designed to do one thing, and one thing only: begin the erosion of the Second Amendment and eventually lead to a total ban on firearms in this country. Anybody who thinks anydifferently is either a liar or a dupe.

Quote:
No, the assault-weapons ban hasn't crippled gun enthusiasts. What it has done is dampen the use of assault guns in crimes and help spur the overall decline in gun deaths in recent years. This is why police departments across the country have long backed the assault-weapons ban -- and lament its expiration.
More pure horseshit. The one thing that REALLY helped reduce gun deaths over the years is locking up the criminal fucks who commit the crimes. And most OF THOSE criminal fucks didn't use assault weapons when they killed somebody. Besides, Uzis and AK-47s are covered by older import bans.

I look at this crap and I go back to what Benjamin Franklin once said: "If you're willing to give up your freedom for a false sense of security, you deserve neither freedom nor security."

The Devils Advocate,

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2004, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

no. the assault weapon ban was a good idea.

from what i understand, it banned 30 round magazines, which NEVER should of been allowed to anyone. an AR15 or AK47 and fire off a 30 round clip in 5 seconds

and you say these aren't assault rifles?

my name is now WallsOfJericho, so yes, i am again, the walls of jericho.
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2004, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Matthews
no. the assault weapon ban was a good idea.

from what i understand, it banned 30 round magazines, which NEVER should of been allowed to anyone. an AR15 or AK47 and fire off a 30 round clip in 5 seconds

and you say these aren't assault rifles?
If I did want an "Assault" weapon, I could have just bought pre-ban versions. All that really affects me, or any common gun owner, is there is no longer a 10rd limit on newly made magazines. Finally, people can get that AR-15 with 90rd drum cheaply.

But like I said... FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS are still banned. So you are wrong.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

What I think is funny, is that every time someone say something to the extent of "Hey, maybe we should put some kind of limit on who can buy what kind of guns." Someone screams "that dang gov'ment's takin' mah guns!". I'm all for citizens' right to keep and bear arms. But I'd rather responsible citizens have them. The NRA screamed unconstitutional when they brought up backround checks. What, do they want convicted felons to have the ability to buy bigger and badder weapons? The whole second amendment arguement is getting more and more hazy with each new badass gun that is made.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

Quote:
But like I said... FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS are still banned. So you are wrong.
trev, you're wrong. Even though fully automatic is banned, semi can still shoot a whole clip in 5 seconds, while fully does 2.

that's not a big difference

Old 13 Sep 2004, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Matthews
trev, you're wrong. Even though fully automatic is banned, semi can still shoot a whole clip in 5 seconds, while fully does 2.

that's not a big difference

No, you're still wrong. They're still classified as semi auto. And on paper classification is really what matters when we're talking about the law.

But there isn't much of a diff when we're talking about a gun that can spew that much firepower for "civilian" pursuits... like "hunting" and um... "sport shooting".
Old 13 Sep 2004, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

We need more of this.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 12:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
We need more of this.

Late.
What, exactly?

Also, the quoted text was from the Chicago Sun-Times.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 12:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
What, exactly?

Also, the quoted text was from the Chicago Sun-Times.
We need more of Walls trying to throw down with two heavyweights like you and Hostility...it's really funny, well...more sad, but it's really funny.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 12:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Oooooooooooohhhhh! Guns Guns Guns! Come on pal, the Tigers are playin' tonight! I never miss a game.

What movie and character?

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 01:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
We need more of Walls trying to throw down with two heavyweights like you and Hostility...it's really funny, well...more sad, but it's really funny.

Late.
You know what?

I agree, This one's so good, it calls for a little Bill Paxton.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paxton.jpg (26.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 14 Sep 2004, 09:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

I'm all for getting rid of the semi-automatic weapons mostly because I do not feel that these guns serve a good purpose in today's society. However, this ban was a fucking joke and is only being brought up because it is another political issue to fight over. If we're going to fight over this then lets do it right and argue weither we should BAN the semi-automatics so they are ENTIRELY unavailable or not, otherwise quit wasting my damn time with these stupid half-assed proposals that don't really affect anything even if they do get passed.

I am losing my faith in this system more and more
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 10:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

yay so this means that a junkie or a criminal can buy an AK-47 or an AR-15 and kill more cops.

This is simply a joke THE NRA are wetting their panties because now their right wing extremists and those nut cases who are against the goverment (any US goverment) can buy assault weapons without any restrictions. Even thou I do agree that this law was a joke. Like Towelie said if we are gonns ban assault weapons let's do it right. I have three guns and one of them is classified as "assault weapon" and I am in favor of banning assault weapons or making it next to impossible for the wrong people to obtain them.

"Grabs AK-47 and shoots an old hood"

Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 02:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

Quote:
No, you're still wrong. They're still classified as semi auto. And on paper classification is really what matters when we're talking about the law.
assault weapons aren't always fully automatic, there's a reason why in the Army they flip back between semi and fully

Old 14 Sep 2004, 02:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

Quote:

Late.
sad?

sad that a couple of guys want assault weapons legal?

yes... people hunt deer with AK47's and AR15, and i'm not walls anymore retard, stop fucking calling me that, it's annoying

Quote:
This is simply a joke THE NRA are wetting their panties because now their right wing extremists and those nut cases who are against the goverment (any US goverment) can buy assault weapons without any restrictions. Even thou I do agree that this law was a joke. Like Towelie said if we are gonns ban assault weapons let's do it right. I have three guns and one of them is classified as "assault weapon" and I am in favor of banning assault weapons or making it next to impossible for the wrong people to obtain them.
nothing named AK47 or AR15(aka m16) should be legal, they are ASSAULT weapons, not fucking hunting rifles. i don't give a shit if they're not fully automatic, if they can shoot a 30 round clip in 5 seconds that's bad enough. it's a joke that not all of these guns are banned

oh, and for hostility, i went to the online dictionary, and umm..

assault rifle
n.
Any of various automatic or semiautomatic rifles designed for individual use in combat.

http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...ssault%20rifle

Last edited by WallsOfJericho; 14 Sep 2004 at 03:19 PM.