ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Oliver North's Open Letter To John Effing Kerry
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Sep 2004, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!
 
Trevelbond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 15,038
Rep Power: 2832
Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default Oliver North's Open Letter To John Effing Kerry

Quote:
RELEASE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2004, AND THEREAFTER



BRING IT ON, JOHN



"Of course, the president keeps telling people he would never question my service to our country. Instead, he watches as a Republican-funded attack group does just that. Well, if he wants to have a debate about our service in Vietnam, here is my answer: 'Bring it on.'" -- Sen. John Kerry



Dear John,

As usual, you have it wrong. You don't have a beef with President George Bush about your war record. He's been exceedingly generous about your military service. Your complaint is with the 2.5 million of us who served honorably in a war that ended 29 years ago and which you, not the president, made the centerpiece of this campaign.

I talk to a lot of vets, John, and this really isn't about your medals or how you got them. Like you, I have a Silver Star and a Bronze Star. I only have two Purple Hearts, though. I turned down the others so that I could stay with the Marines in my rifle platoon. But I think you might agree with me, though I've never heard you say it, that the officers always got more medals than they earned and the youngsters we led never got as many medals as they deserved.

This really isn't about how early you came home from that war, either, John. There have always been guys in every war who want to go home. There are also lots of guys, like those in my rifle platoon in Vietnam, who did a full 13 months in the field. And there are, thankfully, lots of young Americans today in Iraq and Afghanistan who volunteered to return to war because, as one of them told me in Ramadi a few weeks ago, "the job isn't finished."

Nor is this about whether you were in Cambodia on Christmas Eve, 1968. Heck John, people get lost going on vacation. If you got lost, just say so. Your campaign has admitted that you now know that you really weren't in Cambodia that night and that Richard Nixon wasn't really president when you thought he was. Now would be a good time to explain to us how you could have all that bogus stuff "seared" into your memory -- especially since you want to have your finger on our nation's nuclear trigger.

But that's not really the problem, either. The trouble you're having, John, isn't about your medals or coming home early or getting lost -- or even Richard Nixon. The issue is what you did to us when you came home, John.

When you got home, you co-founded Vietnam Veterans Against the War and wrote "The New Soldier," which denounced those of us who served -- and were still serving -- on the battlefields of a thankless war. Worst of all, John, you then accused me -- and all of us who served in Vietnam -- of committing terrible crimes and atrocities.

On April 22, 1971, under oath, you told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that you had knowledge that American troops "had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the country side of South Vietnam." And you admitted on television that "yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed."

And for good measure you stated, "(America is) more guilty than any other body, of violations of (the) Geneva Conventions ... the torture of prisoners, the killing of prisoners."

Your "antiwar" statements and activities were painful for those of us carrying the scars of Vietnam and trying to move on with our lives. And for those who were still there, it was even more hurtful. But those who suffered the most from what you said and did were the hundreds of American prisoners of war being held by Hanoi. Here's what some of them endured because of you, John:

Capt. James Warner had already spent four years in Vietnamese custody when he was handed a copy of your testimony by his captors. Warner says that for his captors, your statements "were proof I deserved to be punished." He wasn't released until March 14, 1973.

Maj. Kenneth Cordier, an Air Force pilot who was in Vietnamese custody for 2,284 days, says his captors "repeated incessantly" your one-liner about being "the last man to die" for a lost cause. Cordier was released March 4, 1973.

Navy Lt. Paul Galanti says your accusations "were as demoralizing as solitary (confinement) ... and a prime reason the war dragged on." He remained in North Vietnamese hands until February 12, 1973.

John, did you think they would forget? When Tim Russert asked about your claim that you and others in Vietnam committed "atrocities," instead of standing by your sworn testimony, you confessed that your words "were a bit over the top." Does that mean you lied under oath? Or does it mean you are a war criminal? You can't have this one both ways, John. Either way, you're not fit to be a prison guard at Abu Ghraib, much less commander in chief.

One last thing, John. In 1988, Jane Fonda said: "I would like to say something ... to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did. I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm ... very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families."

Even Jane Fonda apologized. Will you, John?
-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?
 
Oeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,773
Rep Power: 301
Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default

wow......bring it on, indeed......
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Bah Gawd
 
WallsOfJericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 433
Rep Power: 0
WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve
Default

why should john kerry care what that retard says?

sorry, but if oliver is accusing kerry of lieing(which i'm not saying he didn't) it's not like he hasn't done that before
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batscream
suck my bat dick and swallow my bat sperm you faggot ass pussy. Im going to go massage cat womans clit with my tounge now....


my name is now WallsOfJericho, so yes, i am again, the walls of jericho.

Last edited by WallsOfJericho; 11 Sep 2004 at 07:46 PM.
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Art is Resistance
 
Dade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In my room with my albums
Posts: 11,883
Rep Power: 956
Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade
Default

Whered you get that from?
__________________
Dade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 09:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing for now.
 
_UT_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,252
Rep Power: 57
_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_
Default

Fact: Kerry served, Bush/Cheyney/Rumsfeld didn't.

Fact: Oliver North worked with terrorists, Kerry did not. Haliburton (Cheyney) worked with terrorists, Heinz Ketchup has not.

Fact: 9/11/01 happened on the Bush admin.'s watch not Clinton's and not Kerry's.

Kerry was entitled to his opinion on Vietnam, because he was there. And many of his opinions of the Vietnam War I agree with. As was the case with many anti-Vietnam protesters, they exagerated things (ie, the baby killer shit spawned from Me Li). So, that is what Kerry did, so what if he lied under oath. Clinton did it as president. And Bush and Cheyney openly lie everytime they are asked a question. There is no difference at all. Why does putting your hand on the Bible mean anything (separation of Church and state fellas)?

Anyway, Oliver North is a disgraceful Marine and should retract this little statement of his because it is laughable.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue totally owning and exposing EXO

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...


I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 09:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Frills
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: I'm back here
Posts: 6,344
Rep Power: 254
Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Tombstone_3
.

Kerry was entitled to his opinion on Vietnam, because he was there. .
Interesting. You often give your opinion yet by your logic you are not entitled to it.
By this logic, Kerry, nor any of us, are not entitled to an opinion on what happens in the White House because we aren't there.
This is not my logic: it is yours, UT.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bah Gawd
 
WallsOfJericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 433
Rep Power: 0
WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve
Default

agreed UT^^

oliver north is practically a traitor...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batscream
suck my bat dick and swallow my bat sperm you faggot ass pussy. Im going to go massage cat womans clit with my tounge now....


my name is now WallsOfJericho, so yes, i am again, the walls of jericho.
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 10:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!
 
Trevelbond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 15,038
Rep Power: 2832
Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default

Yeah, don't ever question John Kerry. That makes you the infidel.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 10:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Bah Gawd
 
WallsOfJericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 433
Rep Power: 0
WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
Yeah, don't ever question John Kerry. That makes you the infidel.
no..

i think kerry's inconsistent, i mean, the guy is a flip flopper, i'll hand you that trev, but what north did was about 5 times worse than what kerry did.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batscream
suck my bat dick and swallow my bat sperm you faggot ass pussy. Im going to go massage cat womans clit with my tounge now....


my name is now WallsOfJericho, so yes, i am again, the walls of jericho.
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 11:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Kurt Angle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

man....

So Oliver North sides with the Bush camp?
excellent....he fits right in...they like dealing with known terrorists in the Bush administration.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 11:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bah Gawd
 
WallsOfJericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 433
Rep Power: 0
WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle
man....

So Oliver North sides with the Bush camp?
excellent....he fits right in...they like dealing with known terrorists in the Bush administration.


i don't understand why oliver is employed to fox news
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batscream
suck my bat dick and swallow my bat sperm you faggot ass pussy. Im going to go massage cat womans clit with my tounge now....


my name is now WallsOfJericho, so yes, i am again, the walls of jericho.
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 11:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Nothing for now.
 
_UT_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,252
Rep Power: 57
_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
Yeah, don't ever question John Kerry. That makes you the infidel.
Funny you say that Trev, because that is the same thing the Bush admin.'s response is. If you don't agree with us, then your with the terrorists. And it is the Bush admin. officials that have dealt favorably with terrorists in the past.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue totally owning and exposing EXO

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...


I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 11:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!
 
Trevelbond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 15,038
Rep Power: 2832
Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Tombstone_3
Funny you say that Trev, because that is the same thing the Bush admin.'s response is. If you don't agree with us, then your with the terrorists.
Really? Kerry is trying to silence the Swift Boat Vets... does Bush take the DU or MoveOn.org offline? Did he try to censor the Bush = Hitler ads?

Did Bush create a caged in "Protest Zone" at his convention? No.

The Democrats did... So much for free speech.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2004, 12:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Kurt Angle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
Really? Kerry is trying to silence the Swift Boat Vets... does Bush take the DU or MoveOn.org offline? Did he try to censor the Bush = Hitler ads?

Did Bush create a caged in "Protest Zone" at his convention? No.

The Democrats did... So much for free speech.
Bushs camp made people sign documents pledging allegiance to BUsh before they could attend a rally.

Thats kinda silly to me...Bush fears other people's opinions
  Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2004, 12:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!
 
Trevelbond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 15,038
Rep Power: 2832
Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle
Bushs camp made people sign documents pledging allegiance to BUsh before they could attend a rally.

Thats kinda silly to me...Bush fears other people's opinions
Because he knows that the people who protest him are rabid. They spit on people and light shit on fire. If they could be mature and just ask questions rather than calling him a retard and spitting venom, I might agree with your point.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open letter to Vikes Fan... The Glue Sports 18 19 Oct 2005 07:18 PM
A Letter to Senator Kerry Nagetiv 0 Meeting Of The Minds 2 19 Oct 2004 03:05 PM
An open letter about being a fan..... Oeo Sports 24 16 Jan 2004 12:48 AM
Open Letter To Fag-a-nomics 2Gangsta WarZone 11 13 Feb 2003 01:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.

Attribution:
Powered by Yahoo Answers



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.