ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Assault Weapon Ban Expiring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Sep 2004, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo
Default Assault Weapon Ban Expiring

Quote:
'Gun makers marketing assault weapons
Companies get a jump with federal ban set to run out The Associated Press
Updated: 7:05 p.m. ET Sept. 7, 2004

WASHINGTON - With the federal ban on assault weapons set to expire next Monday, gun manufacturers are marketing military-style firearms and are ready to sell them as soon as Sept. 14, a consumer group said Tuesday.

“The gun industry is champing at the bit for the ban to expire,” said Susan Peschin, firearms project director at the Consumer Federation of America, a nonprofit association of 300 consumer groups, which released the study.

The consumer group interviewed gun industry experts and marketing representatives and surveyed manufacturers’ catalogs and Web sites.

For example, ArmaLite Inc., a gun manufacturer in Geneseo, Ill., is advertising a “Post-PostBan Rifle Program,” offering consumers attachments to convert their firearms to their pre-ban configurations, with shipping available Sept. 14. The company is offering a non-refundable prepayment option to those who wish to get a jump-start.

“The program offers customers a way to avoid the risk of delay, yet also have the benefits of a change in law,” the company says on its Web site.'
(full article- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5936578)

What do you think of the impending legal return of 'military-style weaponry'?
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

i think the return is bull shit. you don't use AR15's or AK47's to hunt deer or bears. in the 1997 shootout in California the AK47 and AR15's they were using were legally purchased and altered into fully automatics. legalizing these guns will make accesibility to assault rifles for gangs much easier.

you also don't need one to protect your home i know that argument is going to come up

it was also on television how one clip of 30 rounds in an AR15 can be shot in 5 minutes on semi automatic, a FULL CLIP

i'm not going to change any gun lover's mind anyways...

my name is now WallsOfJericho, so yes, i am again, the walls of jericho.
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

while I am all for the use of firearms, the use of assault weapons should remain illegal.....it is not the 'good ol' boys that use them......the end of this ban doesn't make sense to me.....although, it's kind of moot, because those that have assault weapons would have them whether they are legal or not.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2004, 01:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Assault weapons serve no good purpose outside of specialized law enforcement and the military. Unfortunately, renewing the ban won't keep those weapons out of the hands of sadistic criminals. There's an awfully lucrative black market for American Military Hardware.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote