ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

now that the death toll has reached 1,000...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Sep 2004, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve
Default now that the death toll has reached 1,000...

was the Iraq war really worth it?

the guy had nothing to do with 9/11, had no WMD's, and the best missiles he had would go 80 miles before crashing..

so, was it? now that 1,000 american troops have perished?

my name is now WallsOfJericho, so yes, i am again, the walls of jericho.
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2004, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Actully it a little over 1000 now. And I've already stated my stance several times already.
Theres one thing many mdeia worldwide have overlooked with this satistic, is how many Iraqi civilians were killed also since the start of this ocupation, which is now a little over 1100.
Old 07 Sep 2004, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

That's hard to say really. Human life has a different price depending on which shady sack of shit politician you talk to. But as far as Saddam goes, yeah he didn't back 9/11. It's pretty much common knowledge that he and bin Laden hated each other. So for them to be working together wouldn't be forseeable. But as far as the weapons go, after the first gulf war, there were a certain number of missles and such that were unaccounted for by UN forces. Saddam said they were gone, but he wouldn't say to where and wouldn't let UN inspectors look around. So we didn't know what he was planning. But he was a declared enemy of the US and bragged of having the ability to strike us. And if you know a guy is out to get you, and is acting like he has a gun. You do what you can to make sure he can't use that gun. Whether it turns out he really had it or not is irrelevant. Plus, the psycho and his psycho kids were slaughtering people. Political and economic issues aside, someone had to stop him. I'm just sorry no one did it sooner, and I'm sorry it's cost as many lives as it did.
Old 07 Sep 2004, 11:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Matthews
was the Iraq war really worth it?

the guy had nothing to do with 9/11, had no WMD's, and the best missiles he had would go 80 miles before crashing..

so, was it? now that 1,000 american troops have perished?
Thank you for saying what I've been thinking for monthes. The war was never worth it, case closed.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2004, 11:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hostility
That's hard to say really. Human life has a different price depending on which shady sack of shit politician you talk to. But as far as Saddam goes, yeah he didn't back 9/11. It's pretty much common knowledge that he and bin Laden hated each other. So for them to be working together wouldn't be forseeable. But as far as the weapons go, after the first gulf war, there were a certain number of missles and such that were unaccounted for by UN forces. Saddam said they were gone, but he wouldn't say to where and wouldn't let UN inspectors look around. So we didn't know what he was planning. But he was a declared enemy of the US and bragged of having the ability to strike us. And if you know a guy is out to get you, and is acting like he has a gun. You do what you can to make sure he can't use that gun. Whether it turns out he really had it or not is irrelevant. Plus, the psycho and his psycho kids were slaughtering people. Political and economic issues aside, someone had to stop him. I'm just sorry no one did it sooner, and I'm sorry it's cost as many lives as it did.
i'm against this war in every way imaginable, yeah, saddam was a bad guy and all, but there are other countries just as bad, down in S. America you have people getting kidnapped and drug cartels running the government. alot of africa is in civil war, and in north korea the same shit happens as in iraq(and in iran, too). so yes, he was an evil man, but there are many, many, other countries that are just as bad. that's why i found the hogwash he was a bad man etc. etc. for this war to be disingenuous, but whatever, that's just the way i look at it

it also was kind of absurd for them to say he had WMD's there still after inspecters had found NOTHING in 2-3 months of searching...

Old 07 Sep 2004, 11:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Matthews
i'm against this war in every way imaginable, yeah, saddam was a bad guy and all, but there are other countries just as bad, down in S. America you have people getting kidnapped and drug cartels running the government. alot of africa is in civil war, and in north korea the same shit happens as in iraq(and in iran, too). so yes, he was an evil man, but there are many, many, other countries that are just as bad. that's why i found the hogwash he was a bad man etc. etc. for this war to be disingenuous, but whatever, that's just the way i look at it

it also was kind of absurd for them to say he had WMD's there still after inspecters had found NOTHING in 2-3 months of searching...

I didn't say he had them. I said he acted like he had them. Probably to make himself look more powerful than he was. Chances are he sold them to other countries to help get his coutry out of the debt he ran up.

And as far as other coutries go, just because there was worse going on doesn't mean it shouldn't have been done. Leaving people to be slaughtered by their gov't is cruel. We had help when we fought against our oppressive gov't back during the revolution. So for us to sit back and declare, "It's not our problem, let them deal with it." is arrogant and goes against the very circumstances behind the founding of this country.
Old 08 Sep 2004, 05:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Yes Sadaam was a bad man who needed to be stopped. He had Weapons of Mass Destruction....so do many other countries....so there must be another reason we went there.
Maybe it was the fact he was using chemical weapons on his own people...maybe its the fact that we gave him those chemical weapons that put a bad taste in our mouths.
Maybe its the other atrocities he has commited against his people....but doesnt China force abortions on unauthorized pregnancies, and don't they permit and encourage the deaths of unauthorized children?...yeah, they do...they also have nuclear weapons, those have gotta fall under WMD classification somewhere right? Don't forget, they are dirty Commies...we hate Commies.

Why is China any less important than Iraq?

Maybe its because our current adminstration doesnt feel any responsibility towwards the einosity in China...The Bush/Cheney administration has got to feel some kind of responsibility in Iraq...we did help put him in power, we did give him the chemical weapons...
Maybe its because our current administration has significatn financial reasons to be in Iraq? Cheney's former company Haliburton has recieved many lucrative government contracts to assist in the rebuilding of post war Iraq.

Please don't think that I am not supporting the troops. I support the troops and I pray they all return home safe and soon. I however do not trust nor support the current administration. I believe their intentions in Iraq are anything but altruistic.

There are many places in the world that need help...what made Iraq so important?
Old 08 Sep 2004, 06:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer
Theres one thing many mdeia worldwide have overlooked with this satistic, is how many Iraqi civilians were killed also since the start of this ocupation, which is now a little over 1100.
I'm glad you mentioned this. How many were killed before our invasion? How many were killed by means that involved more torture than their own suicide bomb? How many of these "civillians" are actually "insurgents"(terrorists)?

More importantly, more people are killed in New Orleans every day than are killed in Iraq. I'm sure that New Orleans isn't the only city with this problem. Maybe New Orleans isn't worth it. There's high crime and massive corruption. Prehaps America needs to withdraw from ourselves.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2004, 12:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

The longer this thing in Iraq goes on, the more I say it wasn't worth it. But, I was all for it when it started, so I say we must stay committed to it. Plus, now over one thousand service members have died there.

But, I have now realized for a while now the only reason we went in there was because Cheyney saw it was an opportunity to get his buddies (Haliburton) and himself even richer. That is what I can't stand.

Note: Even though about 1000-1100 have died so far, that isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to Vietnam, Korea, WWII, or WWI. That is better than 1 in every 10 are getting killed. But, I do know those are 1100 families that are left with nothing but the fact their familiy members died for a bunch of greedy political criminals. That is a tragedy.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2004, 03:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Tombstone_3
The longer this thing in Iraq goes on, the more I say it wasn't worth it. But, I was all for it when it started, so I say we must stay committed to it. Plus, now over one thousand service members have died there.

But, I have now realized for a while now the only reason we went in there was because Cheyney saw it was an opportunity to get his buddies (Haliburton) and himself even richer. That is what I can't stand.

Note: Even though about 1000-1100 have died so far, that isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to Vietnam, Korea, WWII, or WWI. That is better than 1 in every 10 are getting killed. But, I do know those are 1100 families that are left with nothing but the fact their familiy members died for a bunch of greedy political criminals. That is a tragedy.
yeah, but vietnam didn't get real fierce until about 3-4 years into the conflict.