ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Do you really wanna know how I feel about religon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2004, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.
Default Do you really wanna know how I feel about religon?

Well if you click on the thread then obviously you're interested. Now I've been mostly hush hush in these religon type threads but I had a convo with a poster from PWF that I thought was worth posting.

I've come to two conclusions about God.... either he isn't out there or he isn't ignoring us, but that he is letting bad things happen so that we will grow stronger and mature. Like with parents for example, they can't be there for every bad thing that happens. The problem is, the second theory is hard to grasp and if you're like me and have no faith... then it's hard to believe.

Well it's difficult for me to say anything because I question my own faith but if you believe in Jesus, he was God's own son and he let him suffer more pain than most people would suffer in a lifetime.No one really knows what Jesus's teen years were like but obviously he was told of what he had to become and I'm sure it filled him with rage, it's possible that he even hated God for placing this burden on him. I'm sure he asked "Why me?" like most of us have at one point or another. Maybe life is painful to test us for the afterlife, afterall, there has to be a price to pay for eternal salvation. If life was nothing but happiness then it would be like parents babying their kids and maybe we aren't worthy. I don't know, I don't understand how a surpior being could expect us to believe in him and show no signs of existence...

I think religon may be a bigger mystery than life in itself.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2004, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

meh.. i guess i believe in god

i'm sorry but

adam and eve= bull shit

creationism= bull shit

my name is now WallsOfJericho, so yes, i am again, the walls of jericho.
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2004, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Proud TNA Supporter

Direct has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Direct

Well you need to read the bible alot more to understand it fully. Jesus did question God out loud and I dont blame him after watching the passion of the christ....

Matthew 27:46 - And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

And about God trying us and making us more mature? Thats also in the bible...

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

Where it says In the world you will have tribulation that means your faith will be tried with obstacles and stuff.

NOVEMBER 16, 2006 - 9:00PM ON SPIKETV
Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2004, 11:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

As I have said before religion is nice but if you read the Bible it contradicts itself an awful lot.
Old 01 Sep 2004, 07:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
BRING IT ON

Angel of Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Angel of Light

Well with out God what is life for. What are you living for? I know I cant see God himself. But I do believe in Creation and I see his work in all the trees and flowers the sky the stars. The fact that I am living. But I always wondered why me why am I here? I am not all brushed up on my Bible Reading But I know he made man to be a companion to him as he was lonely. Be we were made with the Power of Choice. So I choose to believe he is there and when I die I will go to Heaven to be wtih Him forever. Its not always easy to believe he is there. But as an exampl i was given Have you ever flown in an airplane? If so you dont see the pilot but yet you believe he is there flying the plane. So why not believe God is your Pilot guiding your life. But remember He is there and as for Ignoring us No but He also siad He would never give us more than we can handle.

Thanks to Monica
Angel of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2004, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I believe in creationism to an extent. By which I mean, the Bible uses a lot of symbolism. You'll find anywhere in there.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2004, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

"I'm not saying that having a belief structure is bad, I just think it's better to have ideas. You can always change an idea, but changing a belief is trickier. People die for it, people kill for it and (people exploit it)."
-Chris Rock, paraphrase, Dogma

I could add more, but I started and it turned out to be four pages of GlueBabble. So this is my abbreviated take on it. It's a cop out, I know but I'd been typing for thirty minutes and the end wasn't getting any nearer...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.

Last edited by The Glue; 03 Sep 2004 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Added the last sentence.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2004, 11:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I tried religion once and realized it was horseshit.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in God and try to keep an open dialoge with the Maker. But I don't pray for things, I believe I was given everything I need to get through life as it is. It's up to me to figure out how to use what I have. And I don't do things in fear of some punishment in the afterlife. I'm gonna get what's coming to me no matter what I do to prevent it. So I might as well accept it and be a good person for it's own sake.

But the whole concept of religion is just so narrow and closed minded that I wonder just how far some of them have fallen because some religious leader didn't like how a holy book read so he changed it. Shit, in the Christian Bible the whole Old Testament is nothing more than a collection of texts from the Tora that fit the viewpoint of the priests at the time. So they go together, picked and chose which writings they liked and threw the rest away. It makes me wonder just how much more what edited, changed or just plain left out everytime some ruler or pope decided to "translate" it.

I've come to the conclusion that none of us know what we're talking about. We're all blind and we're trying the describe an elephant by touch alone. We're never going to get it right and therefore should stop fighting over it and just be decent to each other.
Old 04 Sep 2004, 06:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^ Well, hardly anyone really prays. They just beg.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2004, 06:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
BRING IT ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucheaux
^ Well, hardly anyone really prays. They just beg.

Thats Becasue People are led to believe that the only thing Prayer is for is to ask God for help or wants. Prayer is also for Praise. Praise that yet another has dawned is a start. Praise that no matter what mistakse I May make that there is Someone (although I may not see Him) who WILL forgive and forget.

As for excepting what may Happen In the "afterlife" as it is put. Why just settle for whatever. Do you do that now. Or strive to get the very best. I Believe that the good that is done Will lay up treasures in Heaven.

Thanks to Monica
Old 04 Sep 2004, 11:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Light
Thats Becasue People are led to believe that the only thing Prayer is for is to ask God for help or wants. Prayer is also for Praise. Praise that yet another has dawned is a start. Praise that no matter what mistakse I May make that there is Someone (although I may not see Him) who WILL forgive and forget.

As for excepting what may Happen In the "afterlife" as it is put. Why just settle for whatever. Do you do that now. Or strive to get the very best. I Believe that the good that is done Will lay up treasures in Heaven.

That's another thing that bothers me. It's one thing to to voice how you feel about your creator. I'm sure a parent feels great when their child tells them how much they love them. But for it to be expected of me to tell God how great it is several times a day is just friggin ridiculous. According to most religions, God is either an egotist or has some low sense of self worth for it to need to be told "Thou art the shit" three times a day and every time something positive happens.
Old 04 Sep 2004, 04:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
BRING IT ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Ryan
That's another thing that bothers me. It's one thing to to voice how you feel about your creator. I'm sure a parent feels great when their child tells them how much they love them. But for it to be expected of me to tell God how great it is several times a day is just friggin ridiculous. According to most religions, God is either an egotist or has some low sense of self worth for it to need to be told "Thou art the shit" three times a day and every time something positive happens.

If thats the Case then Im a Bad Christian as I cant say that I Pray thhree times a day I am lucky sometimes if I pray once a day. And I wont let anyone or religion dictate how I choose to live. I go to Church listen to what they have to say and with that choose what I feel Is right or wrong as it is Between me and God. Yes I do thank Him but that is me. I am not saying you have to thank him every time you pray but why not be grateful and let Him know you are. Im not one to tell somone else to how to pray or that they need to or that they need religion for that matter. I am voicing how I feel on the matter and trust me if I had been asked any of this a couple years ago I was right where you are now. But when certain things happen in your life and you need somone to turn to that will listen and you know is there for you no matter what Well I chose to go to God. I am in no means very religious but sometimes its nice to say a prayer and talk with somone who wont necessarily answer me but I know HE is listening.

Thanks to Monica
Old 04 Sep 2004, 09:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Light
If thats the Case then Im a Bad Christian as I cant say that I Pray thhree times a day I am lucky sometimes if I pray once a day. And I wont let anyone or religion dictate how I choose to live. I go to Church listen to what they have to say and with that choose what I feel Is right or wrong as it is Between me and God. Yes I do thank Him but that is me. I am not saying you have to thank him every time you pray but why not be grateful and let Him know you are. Im not one to tell somone else to how to pray or that they need to or that they need religion for that matter. I am voicing how I feel on the matter and trust me if I had been asked any of this a couple years ago I was right where you are now. But when certain things happen in your life and you need somone to turn to that will listen and you know is there for you no matter what Well I chose to go to God. I am in no means very religious but sometimes its nice to say a prayer and talk with somone who wont necessarily answer me but I know HE is listening.

Feh...

Bad Christians treat other people like retards for not being of the same faith and try to foce them to convert. Good Christians just treat people with respect and share their views openly and freely.
Old 04 Sep 2004, 10:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

You know what I think about my church? The CATHOLIC CHURCH? *Lightning Strikes*

I have but one question for my church: Why is it that if I have a hot dog on a friday, I will burn in hell for all eternity, but you people actually have had a conference on HOW MANY BOYS YOU CAN MOLEST BEFORE YOU'RE THROWN FROM THE CHURCH!?
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2004, 07:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

It's make or break for God now. I prayed last night.

If I get what I want he exists. But I'm extremely confident he's just a piece of shit humans made up to feel safe or some shit.