ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

the great Jimmy Carter debate.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Aug 2004, 04:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Default the great Jimmy Carter debate.....

You closed the other thread before I could respond.

Why exactly is there something wrong with saying
"Jimmy Carter may not have been a good president, but he is still a great man"

????

How is this inaccurate?
Carter made for an inefectual president...no doubt.
However....
-he used his status as a former president to promote human rights and democracy
-he earned the Nobel Peace Prize in 2002
-he's brought attention to Habitat for Humanity, and has been closely connected with them since 1982
-he's served as a peacemaker and helped negotiate peaceful solutions to multiple international conflicts
-even tho he was fairly un-noteworthy in terms of his presidency he did aid in achieving a peace treaty between Israel and Egypt(The 1979(?) Camp David Accords)

Just because you did not approve of his 4 years, does not take away from what the man has done. He has done great things, he is a great man....just not a good president.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I dislike him because he is a Socailist who blatantly hates America.

I am ashamed that my Dad voted for Carter.... TWICE.

I'll post more details later...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2004, 06:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Layfield
I dislike him because he is a Socailist who blatantly hates America.

I am ashamed that my Dad voted for Carter.... TWICE.

I'll post more details later...

yeah, that makes a ton of sense trev

he doesn't hate america, seriously, you republicans have the dumbest shit, from the "liberal" bias in the media, to saying that people who find stuff in our country corrupt aren't good americans
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2004, 06:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

changing the title to the great Jimmy Carter debate......

and, WOJ, you are how old?.....

the media, as a whole, has a very liberalistic view.....it cannot be denied.....yes, there are right wing media personalities.....but when looked at as an overview, the media has a liberal bias.....

and when has anyone ever said that people who find corruption in America are not considered to be good Americans?.....

I will let Trev explain his position on Jimmy Carter, but the man is, by far, the worst president we have had since I was born.....undisputable fact.....outside of his presidential reign, I have no horrible feelings toward him.....but he wasn't fit for that office, he only gained the presidency as a result of things that had happened during the previous tenure.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2004, 06:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

Quote:
and, WOJ, you are how old?.....
and why does that matter to this?

trev looks for every possible reason to defend a republican and or attack a democrat. he even said once in defending george w bush "hey, i don't blame the guy for not going to Vietnam, you'd have to be crazy to go there, i wouldn't have" and yet he goes and calls other people bad americans

Last edited by WallsOfJericho; 27 Aug 2004 at 06:36 PM.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 06:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

Quote:
I will let Trev explain his position on Jimmy Carter, but the man is, by far, the worst president we have had since I was born.....undisputable fact.....outside of his presidential reign, I have no horrible feelings toward him.....but he wasn't fit for that office, he only gained the presidency as a result of things that had happened during the previous tenure.....
i know he was a bad president, i was talking about him calling the guy a bad american.

Quote:
the media, as a whole, has a very liberalistic view.....it cannot be denied.....yes, there are right wing media personalities.....but when looked at as an overview, the media has a liberal bias.....
...and how can you back up that claim?

by calling dan rather a liberal? there is no bias in the media, yes many people in Hollywood are democrats but when i talk about the "media" i'm talking about what i see on news and cable news. there is no bias in that. the only show that i've ever watched with a liberal slant is deborah norville tonight, and she's fuckin annoying.

but i'm still waiting to hear how the media has a liberal bias

Quote:
Jimmy Carter, but the man is, by far, the worst president we have had since I was born.....
i wasn't alive yet back then, but george w. bush is by far the worst president in my lifetime..

Last edited by WallsOfJericho; 27 Aug 2004 at 06:37 PM.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 06:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOJ
and why does that matter to this?
I'm just wondering your age because I would like to know how the history books of today portray Carter's presidency....if you are a teen, you should have studied something about it.....regardless, in your following post you agreed that Carter's presidency was horrid.....so they must not portray his presidency as a good thing.....

I'll work on the liberal media bias and get back to you with substantial proof.....it won't be too hard, but I admire your willingness to ask questions against it.....

Old 27 Aug 2004, 06:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

Quote:
I'm just wondering your age because I would like to know how the history books of today portray Carter's presidency....if you are a teen, you should have studied something about it.....regardless, in your following post you agreed that Carter's presidency was horrid.....so they must not portray his presidency as a good thing.....

I'll work on the liberal media bias and get back to you with substantial proof.....it won't be too hard, but I admire your willingness to ask questions against it.....
i thought you were asking my age because you didn't think i should debate in here i'm 15 anyways, and we're doing american history this year, it's obvious jimmy carter wasn't a good president, my grandma, grandpa, and uncle have all told me
Old 27 Aug 2004, 06:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

heh....I don't care about your age to debate in here.....that's no worries at all, bro......it'll be tomorrow before I can get numbers and stuff together because I'm leaving in about fifteen minutes and I'm working.....but it's something like 74% of all major media are registered democrats.....anyway, I'll come up with some stuff.....

Old 27 Aug 2004, 06:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

Quote:
i don't believe there is any bias in the media. for a real bias you would have to have peter jennings opening up world news tonight saying "george w bush is a lieing scoundral" or "john kerry is a flip flopping maniac"
Old 27 Aug 2004, 06:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

Quote:
heh....I don't care about your age to debate in here.....that's no worries at all, bro......it'll be tomorrow before I can get numbers and stuff together because I'm leaving in about fifteen minutes and I'm working.....but it's something like 74% of all major media are registered democrats.....anyway, I'll come up with some stuff.....
good, when i used to post at PW they would discount what i'd say since i wasn't older you wanna talk liberal bias you should go visit their world issues forum i do believe that most in the media are liberals, but the way the news is presented is what gives it a bias, but that's just my opinion
Old 27 Aug 2004, 10:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

The media is decidedly liberal...I concede this
Carter was a bad president...I concede this

Carter is still a great man. He has done many good things.
Tell me how this does not make him a good man.
Gimme some kind of explaination.

I can site a dozen examples of things that made him a bad president...
Can you site any examples of what makes him a bad man?
Old 27 Aug 2004, 10:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle
I can site a dozen examples of things that made him a bad president...
Can you site any examples of what makes him a bad man?

"Jimmy Carter Wins Nobel Peace Prize." Maybe I'm just confused, but I think they gave Carter a Nobel Peace Prize for some reason. No. And it is the Nobel Peace Prize, not the Nobel Useless Idiot Prize or the Nobel Appeaser of Communists and Terrorists Prize. Wow, they actually placed Carter with such luminaries as... uh... Yasser Arafat. Well, at least they didn't give him one for economics.

He is a backwards man, he openly goes against everything american. He supports the likes of Yasser Arafat.

I really don't think much more can be said on my part... I hate that damn peanut salesman. You may not, oh well... free country....
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2004, 10:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

Quote:
"Jimmy Carter Wins Nobel Peace Prize." Maybe I'm just confused, but I think they gave Carter a Nobel Peace Prize for some reason. No. And it is the Nobel Peace Prize, not the Nobel Useless Idiot Prize or the Nobel Appeaser of Communists and Terrorists Prize. Wow, they actually placed Carter with such luminaries as... uh... Yasser Arafat. Well, at least they didn't give him one for economics.

He is a backwards man, he openly goes against everything american. He supports the likes of Yasser Arafat.

I really don't think much more can be said on my part... I hate that damn peanut salesman. You may not, oh well... free country....
and i hate nixon, bush, reagan.. yeah

well i don't really hate reagan, i just think he's somewhat overrated
Old 27 Aug 2004, 11:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOJ
i don't believe there is any bias in the media. for a real bias you would have to have peter jennings opening up world news tonight saying "george w bush is a lieing scoundral" or "john kerry is a flip flopping maniac"
Lmao...you don't believe there's any bias in the media. Ahhh, to be young. There's plenty of bias in the media, and if you don't see it at 15 then that's okay. If you haven't caught on by 19, then you've been brainwarshed, boy. Fact is there's bias for both sides, whereas the conservative bias is usually in Newspapers, on CNN, and radio.

The bias to the left is in just about every network news program, 20/20, 48 Hours, Dateline...as well as in alternative but more accessible network programming, most notoriously MTV but let's not forget Comedy Central. Also, there's the whole music and movie industry thing...yeah, I think the ratio of liberals to conservatives in those culture permeating industries is fairly off balance to the left...and while conservatives are usually polite enough to not discuss politics in mixed company, liberals prefer to view the people they're talking to from above, looking down their noses, perched on their soapboxes.

If you think I'm exaggerating, why don't you watch the last two Oscar and Grammy Award shows??

Son, it's always been that way...for pete's sake, Phil Collins had a puppet mock up of Regan "push the button" (read: initiate nuclear holocaust in '80s lingo) in one of his videos...and this is back when in two elections against Regan the left took a combined total of maybe three states out of fifty.

Anyway, it's all good...I remember back when I was 15 years old...I knew everything, too. I'd express disdain, but as a fifteen year old, I think you're entitled to know it all...isn't that what being a teenager is about?? At least it was way back in the late 80s/early 90s.

BTW, among Nixon's better accomplishments in office (and he had a few), he pulled America out of Vietnam and also helped to further tone down the Cold War by opening a diplomatic dialogue with China, a large piece in the puzzle of the end of that nightmare.

I'm beginning to think that the only thing taught about Nixon in high school is that he was impeached, when he really wasn't. I think if they teach any other thing about Nixon, it's that he personally broke into Watergate...when he (allegedly) wasn't even involved other than being the perps' employer. Nixon accomplished a great many things, but gee, non bias media and I'm certain non bias history teachers seem to have taught nothing but a leftist's perspective of history.

I know that's all my 4th grade teacher taught about Nixon. Nothing about China, the end of our involvement in Southeast Asia, only impeachment when he wasn't even impeached. She was smokin' hot though...so it cancells out.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote