ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

the Kerry/Bush debate thread.....all debates go here.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Aug 2004, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default the Kerry/Bush debate thread.....all debates go here.....

okay, here is the new thread for debating all John Kerry and George Bush issues.....I plan on bringing in Kerry's voting stances, and I will research all that I have the opportunity for to give his point of view on several of what I believe to be key issues.....

since I am a conservative, and I plan to bring in Kerry's stances, I would like for someone that is not a conservative to look at Bush's and bring them in.....let's look at both sides through the other's point of view, if you will.....

I'm going to look at his voting, what he has said about his voting, and if he has voted the way that he has said, etcetera.....I'm going to try and look at it without all of the Swift boat stuff, as that has clouded what each man stands for.....

so.....anybody with me?.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2004, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I am finding that this is pretty tough to do.....it's easy to find stuff that criticizes both candidates, but not as easy to find things that show what they are truly about.....

It appears that Kerry has always been opposed to any kind of military budget increases and the like.....according to his voting record, he has never voted for any increase in military pay or for the increase of any military spending that I have found.....I'm still digging, though.....I'll probably revise my post and turn it into something a little different, more of a reason to try and vote for him.....and, like I said, I want someone that is on the flip side to do the same for Bush.....

The case for John Kerry:
written by Oeo.....

John Kerry is a Vietnam War veteran and stands proudly alongside that in his campaign for presidency. He served in a time that no one wants to remember, but so many had their lives changed by. He was a leader, a commander of people and earned three purple hearts while serving. When his part of the war was over, he became a celebrated organizer for one of America's most extreme appeasement groups, Vietnam Veterans Against the War. In a show of the anger that some of the veterans felt, April 23, 1971 he led members of VVAW in a protest during which they threw their medals and ribbons over a fence in front of the U.S. Capitol.

John Kerry has been a staunch supporter of cutting overall government spending for military ventures his entire time of serving in his branch of government, calling for fewer of our soldiers to be overseas and more of them to be home. When wondering whether he should consider Iraq a concern to our nation's welfare, former president Bill Clinton relied upon the answers of Kerry when making his determination. John Kerry supported the war on Iraq when it began, and has now softened his stance in the light of the intelligence findings being at best, misinformed.

John Kerry voted against the partial birth abortion bill, and has stated in fact that it should constantly be every woman's right to decide whether she wishes to have her baby or not. He stands firmly with the ACLU and NAACP on this issue. The NAACP has firmly backed Mr. Kerry's stance as well, stating that he is a man that believes in their cause.

......eh.....you know what......I can't do it......I'm sorry, but I just can't.....

here's what I really think of Kerry.....

the medals he threw over the fence weren't his.....his hang on the wall of his office.....and he did this while hobnobbing with Jane Fonda, in my view one of the worst Americans ever to have the honor of calling the US her home.....

he has proposed to cut our military funding and voted against any new funding for the military.....he proposes cutting the size of the military, therefore cutting jobs in the military....

he believes that a baby can be aborted, even late in the term of the pregnancy because the mom decides she doesn't want it.....yet he's not really sure about that, because he has flipped on the issue so much.....

he says that he is for the little man, the middle class American.....yet he and his family are worth over 90 million dollars, and other than the time he spent in Nam he's never really worked a hard day in his life.....he wouldn't be able to live on 36,000 a year like the people he says he stands for.....he doesn't know how.....

he's so scared of making a decision that everything just turns out to be clouded by gray when he talks.....there is no black and white, because that would mean he actually took a stance......no, he prefers to ask you what you think he means, rather than just saying it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole
One day hes saying that we were shooting civilians, cutting off their ears, cutting off their heads, throwing away his medals or his ribbons, Dole said. The next day hes standing there, I want to be president because Im a Vietnam veteran.
John Kerry makes no sense.....none whatsoever.....

in one of the earlier threads, I mentioned that Jimmy Carter was still searching for his manhood.....the reason that I said that is because Jimmy Carter was the last president that decided that the military was of no value.....and I was seven years old when US citizens were taken hostage, held for over a year, and Jimmy Carter didn't do anything about it.....Carter is a good man, I believe, with a good heart.....but he didn't have the cajones enough to stand up with the strongest country in the world and bring those people home.....

John Kerry, in my eyes, would do the same thing Carter did.....because I consider him to be a spineless coward.....it's one thing to say "I made a mistake" when asked a question, but to say something totally opposite of what you have previously said makes no sense to me.....

never, and by never I mean I haven't heard it, has George W. Bush tried to say that he never said there were WMD's in Iraq.....John Kerry, in a letter to the president, said that he supported the efforts to take out Iraq and he believed by the intelligence reports that there were WMD's there.....now he says that he never believed Iraq to be a threat to the United States.....so which is it, Mr. Kerry?.....

John Kerry, when asked about abortion and his stance on it, said that he believed it was solely the woman's right to make that choice, then said that he believed only in extreme cases should there be an abortion.....so which is it, Mr. Kerry?.....

John Kerry, when leading the charge to throw medals over the fence of the capitol, never threw his own medals.....so it's allright to sacrifice someone's medals as long as they aren't your own?.....what's good for the goose is......not for the gander?.....so which is it, Mr. Kerry......which is it.....

I know what I have in George Bush.....John Kerry doesn't know what his stance is on breakfast in the morning without consulting his position from the day before.....

screw it.....I've tried to not be completely partisan, but this man is more wishy-washy than a danged three dollar bill.....get real, America.....we need someone like John Kerry as president about as much as we needed Jimmy Carter.....don't make the same mistake again, just because you are discouraged by the previous administration.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.

Last edited by Oeo; 25 Aug 2004 at 02:41 PM.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2004, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

umm...

why don't you try www.johnkerry.com
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2004, 01:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Not that I have any more to add to this because I really don't...but I've noticed that some people write their own opinions on the matter and others tend to have links or pasted editorials of someone else's opinion. Just a tip, regardless of where you fall on the political spectrum: you should have your own opinion.

You shouldn't let your interior passions for what other people think on a major issue distract you from your own opinion. I love it when people paste twenty pages of some writer's editorial and the only words they add to the post are: "I made my point." No you didn't...you let someone else make their point for you. Please tell me that original thought isn't such a commodity that our youngsters can't think for themselves.

How about this...if you have an opinion, try to state clearly why you believe in it. Of course it's helpful to quote a line from someone or allude to a resource, but don't just throw the resource up there...say why you personally believe in that resource. If you are unable to do that, then maybe you should look at exactly how credible the source of all your opinion is.

I've referenced work by others before, but I always included my take on it and why I identified with it. When you just paste in an article or a weblink without anything to say personally about the content, then there's no real reason to read the content. It's there, it's right there...but why does he put so much stock in (unknown writer) from (unknown webpage)?

Strong convictions without reason are useless. Regardless if you are for Bush or Kerry...or Nader for that matter, your opinion should be your own. If you want to share it with people, please explain your opinion for yourself...otherwise it loses meaning.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2004, 01:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

i like Nader. After seeing him own bill o'reilly on his show a few months ago, and hearing his stance on issues, i have noticed that both partys are filthy and dispicable.
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2004, 01:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
screw it.....I've tried to not be completely partisan, but this man is more wishy-washy than a danged three dollar bill.....get real, America.....we need someone like John Kerry as president about as much as we needed Jimmy Carter.....don't make the same mistake again, just because you are discouraged by the previous administration.....
Jimmy Carter...didn't he come up with 101 uses for the peanut?? Lmao...Jimmy Carter, poor bastard...the longest tenured whupping boy in the Presidential Fraternity since Andrew Johnson.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 01:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOJ
i like Nader. After seeing him own bill o'reilly on his show a few months ago, and hearing his stance on issues, i have noticed that both partys are filthy and dispicable.
That is the beauty of Nader. He recognizes politicians for what they are...money-grubbing scumbags. Of course, Americans prefer to have the wool pulled over their eyes with regard to such matters, but we're quick to jump at Dade County Fl and Jeb Bush for fixing the popular vote when it doesn't even matter.

Ignorant in all the wrong areas + Relentless in all the pointless minutiae = the common American voter.

Late.