ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Overtime...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 2004, 12:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Overtime...

Looking at the board, I was at this time the last poster on the first five threads, and while that will change soon, I just want to let Trev and oeo know that I'm trying to help out around here.

Speaking of overtime, new legislation is up for debate. It's from the Right and it exempts certain people from qualifying for overtime pay. I was totally pissed when I heard about it, but then I found out that those people exempt are considered supervisory or "executive" personnel. There are still some kinks to be worked out, such as the supervisors that are really just button men/women for the real bosses...they need OT, and the medical profession...they need OT cuz they work like 36 hour shifts.

In my experience, most supervisors I've worked for are salaried and already exempt from OT pay. I agree with it, but salary should always be commensurate with workload, and if there are people that get stuck, they'll have to find better jobs. But in my experience all supervisors that are salaried are well compensated for the fact that they may have to work more hours without getting OT pay...which pretty much makes the bill a waste of time and money.

Personally, I find this bill to be further unecessary intrusion by the government on the freedom of American workers and businesses. I can't believe that this is a Right Wing Proposition...the party that is supposed to be for More Freedom and Less Government. Goes to show you just how f***ed up politics are.

Any thoughts from the working folks about this bill??

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.

Last edited by The Glue; 24 Aug 2004 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Added the word "pay" to the end of the 2nd sentence, 2nd paragraph
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2004, 08:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

this law doesn't affect me. I could work 40 hours or 60 hours and my salary would not change a penny.

But at least I get compensatory hours .
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2004, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Don't forget it's leap year...many of us salaried persons don't get paid for working that extra day...

That's one of the reasons I find this bill totally frivolous and wasteful. Most of the people that are exempt from OT pay are already salaried...at least they are in the company I work for. The rest of the people should be compensated for OT because they aren't executives or true supervisors.

Take for example the shift manager at McDonald's. There's a guy that is probably making $8 an hour on average. You're going to tell that guy that he has to work an extra ten or more hours a week and still get regular pay for it?? That guy isn't a supervisor, he's an order taker with a tie on. That's BS.

Also I'm to understand the medical profession will be hit by this as well, especially nurses. Now while nurses are pretty much the backbone of most medical facilities, they aren't supervisors or executives and they work 12-36 hour shifts in some cases. Don't tell me THEY don't deserve OT.

Rant, rant, rant...okay I'm over for now.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2004, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
BRING IT ON

Angel of Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Angel of Light

I think its crazy I wont affect me but It is also cutting embalmers and funeral personel who are also helping us in times of need My Parents work at a funeral Home and My dad has to get up and work any time it is needed. as for Nurses they deserve it more than anyone your right they are the backbone of the medical facilities Being in the Hospital i saw my nurse more than my doctor.

Thanks to Monica
Angel of Light is offline   Reply With Quote