ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

All this "War On Terror" jibba-jabba needs to be clarified...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2004, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt
naughty All this "War On Terror" jibba-jabba needs to be clarified...

And no, I'm not talking about Mr. T standing up for the political rights of Americans, here.....

Since the "War on Terror" seems to be such a huge component of the current political landscape in America (and a huge issue in their upcoming election...) I thought I might start a thread to clarify what it means and entails to us as individuals, as well as what it might take to "win" such a war.

So I ask the following questions:

1) What is the "War on Terror"?
2) Who is the enemy?
3) How should it be fought?
4) Is the US fighting it effectively? Are other parts of the world? If yes, how and why? If no, the same...
5) Is a victory possible for any side? Are there sides?

There are of course many other imperative questions to be asked, but I thought this would be a start and perhaps maybe even be a little bit insightful for people to understand something that is bound to be a facet of the lives of Americans (and the rest of the world to a lesser extent) for the forseeable future...

Let 'er rip, youngins...... but please, lets keep or wits about us....
Old 22 Aug 2004, 05:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
BRING IT ON

Angel of Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Angel of Light

1) What is the "War on Terror"? one that inspires fear, a frightening aspect , a cause of anxiety, an appalling person or thing; especially : BRAT
violence (as bombing) committed by groups in order to intimidate a population or government into granting their demands This is the dictionarys definition of terror. War on terror is IMO war on these groups (see below)

2) Who is the enemy? That depends on who you are and where you are Id say for the US right now it is Iraq and Al-Queda as they fear us to an extent.

3) How should it be fought? I cant say aas I would know as i dont have all the facts and demands of what it is actually that we are to be afaraid of or what it is these groups want

4) Is the US fighting it effectively? Are other parts of the world? If yes, how and why? If no, the same... Again I wouldnt know exactly as I personally dont have all the facts this is where i have to put my trust in our Nations leaders that they are doing the right thing with the evidence and facts that they have

5) Is a victory possible for any side? Are there sides? Here that depends on what exactly it is we are fighting for What demands have these Groups or people made on the United states that would warrant us to fight them. Yes we did get bombed and planes attacked and human nature is retaliation what I want to know is why did they do it in the first place.
Were there demands made at some point that werent met As for sides Ive tried to stay out of this but I know when we started this war on Terror not to many countries agreed with what we awere doing.

For instance World War one and World War II we had reason I surely wouldnt want Hitler to have gained control of Europe and then try to gain control of North America

My question here is what are we going to accomplish in the end by this war. Yes we have to defend what was done to us on 9/11 but there were several nationalities and people that died that day not just Americans so What is the Root of this War?

Thanks to Monica
Angel of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2004, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

War on Terror is a total front as long as Bin Ladin is still out there passing out cash. Iraq means nil to me. Cleaning up Afganistan (sp?) and seeng Bin laden dead would make me feel alot safer right now. These alarts just fuel paranoia, and we're losing allies like crazy. I'm not talking as a partisan, I voted Bush, but now I'm not trusting him
Old 23 Aug 2004, 12:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

While most people see Osama Bin Laden's face when they think of terrorism, they need to realize that there are more terrorist groups out there than Al-Qaeda. While terrorist groups may differ in fundamental beliefs, most of them hate America. There are actually *gasp* terrorist groups that aren't even Arabic...in face I'd say the Arabic nations don't provide nearly as many brutal terrorist groups as the esteemed European Continent does to the world. Of course, they're so much more enlightened over there yet there are terrorist cells operating and striking inside Europe daily.

Bin Laden hates America, like thousands of other terrorist group leaders do, but he raised the bar with 9/11. Other groups are going to be looking to strike harder at America than Al-Qaeda did, so just focusing the "War on Terror" on Al-Qaeda is stupid and actually pretty ridiculous.

Think about it, terrorist groups have tried many times to bomb down the Twin Towers, using intricate explosive devices, placement, etc...all Al-Qaeda did was hijack a couple of planes (something terrorists can do in their sleep) and crash them into the buildings. From a terrorist standpoint, the plan was genius basically due to it's simplicity.

More is coming, the alerts are real and helpful and for Americans to just brush them off shows the extent to which that American is willing to ignore reality so that his/her comfort zone isn't compromised. By doing that, you're saying: "I know that we lost 6,000 people in one terrorist attack only three years ago, but I think that was good enough and they probably made their point." Well guess what, chumpy...they haven't made anything close to the point they want to make. You can wander around in life with the wool over your eyes like all the other sheep if you want, but don't expect me to cry when one day your ignorance to reality causes serious harm to you or your family.

1. So the war on terror is against terrorist groups that are enemies of the United States. You can see how difficult a war this will be to fight because I'm sure there are groups here and there that we're unaware of, and I'm sure they hate America all the same.

2. The enemies?? Uhh, maybe Terrorist Groups?? For anyone having trouble defining a terrorist group, they commit terrorist acts. Terrorist Acts are a crime by any civilized standard, committed against innocent people, away from the scene of political conflict.

3. It should be fought using the combined strengths of local, county, state and federal law enforcement officers, the border patrol, the intelligence community, the military and the United States Judicial System. You'd like to think that we could get some help from our "allies," but it appears that the world leaders of twenty years ago...who had balls, are all but forgotten having been replaced by a bunch of pussies who'd rather let innocent people die than take a stand.

4. Since the Homeland Security program just started and since the "War on Terror" only started in earnest less than three years ago, I'd have to say we're probably not fighting it as effectively as we need to, but I'm sure we're fighting it as effectively as is possible right now. The problem is, you can't declare war on terror and expect it to be wrapped up in a year or two. It's called patience and perseverance, people...and they're two great qualities to have, BTW.

5. Victory is possible, but total victory isn't likely. Never would any one country or even a coalition be able to subdue every terrorist group in the world, nor would they be able to stop the growth of new groups. Having said that, I say that if you're facing a challenge that seems insurmountable but the safety of your family depends on it...you can't just not try. If you quit before you even get started because you don't think that you can achieve total victory, or if you quit a short way into a campaign because other countries are getting pissed, then you're just a miserable fucking quitter. The war on terror very well may never end. But we should continue to fight all the same.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2004, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Glue, you rock man.....when you get to a thread before I do, I usually can't add very much at all.....great post, and I'd give you some rep points but I can't.....

here's what I do have to add, though brief......

the War on Terror, and the fear that comes with it, is the US realizing that we are the best there is.....but there are people that don't want that.....and we have sat around being fat and happy so long that we don't understand what we really need is to be pissed off a bit and tell these people to shove off.....

I wish that we didn't have to have our soldiers in Afghanistan, Iraq and other places.....but if they weren't there, trust me when I say that the places that hate America would come looking for us on a larger scale than ever before.....it's not like we, as a country, are too hard to find.....and, while it has been easy for even Americans to try and put George W. Bush's face up as though we are scared of what terrorists could do.....they do not look at just George Bush as we look at Bin Laden.....they look at America in general.....sure, it would be a boon to the terrorists if they rid us of our president.....but we would replace him as the figurehead and then the country would really be angry.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2004, 12:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Great points, the part about the need to be pissed off is especially poigniant. A few years ago, I saw a bumper sticker that said "If you're not outraged then you're not paying attention" and it and you are 100% right. Here in this lovely Ivory Tower that we call America, we have no idea what true struggle is, we have no idea what true injustice is unless you're talking about Pre Civil Rights America, and why should we be pissed off??

As the great sage Sam Kinison once said, "The Kurds would kick your ass to be homeless in America....Garbage bins full of food, none of that 'ethnic cleansing' bullshit." No, no...we're fat, lazy and petulant. The image of Positively Page, sitting in his broken down, 1983 cracked vinyl recliner eating two pieces of pizza at once, yelling at his television "GIVE ME MY COUNTRY BACK!! BAGNHE!!"...it permeates. Useless, impotent morons who should already be pissed off are crying because Halliburton got the contract and the tax cut was exclusively for "The Rich." I got mine, I don't know what those losers were talking about, but people like that are just pussies and they make me sick. Look in the damn mirror.

oeo + nail = right on the head

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2004, 06:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

The war on terror is just that: a war against the terrorists. Al-Queada is a (just one) terrorist group. In a similar case, Iraq could be called little other than a terrorist regime before we arrived.

Victory is possible for us, if the enemies (terrorists) surrender or just wind up too scared to attack. The terrorists win if the ones fighting for freedom become too scared to fight their (our) enemy. We will lose if we do not win. We will not win if we allow the terrorists what to get what they want.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote