ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Torture is acceptable WHERE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2004, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt
Default Torture is acceptable WHERE?

Just read a public opinion poll from U.S. residents, and suffice to say, I'm a little shocked.....

43% of the people think torture is acceptable in some cases.
66% of the people think that starting a war on a country that has not attacked anyone else can be necessary in some cases.

This is the public opinion in the only remaining super-power country in today's globalized society.....

America has even chosen to keep the death penalty, even when it has been proven that innocent people in some cases have been put to death.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to let the children of America recite the human rights instead of the national anthem in school?

Your thoughts?
Old 22 Aug 2004, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

Quote:
66% of the people think that starting a war on a country that has not attacked anyone else can be necessary in some cases.
being an american i'm ashamed at that statistic...
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2004, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
BRING IT ON

Angel of Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Angel of Light

I to am ashamed of that statistic. To me Death Penalty which this might stir up another issue goes back to the Bible an eye for an eye. But on the other hand IT also says judge not lest ye be judged. That is a touchy subject in any case. But as for torture what purpose does that serve. I dont agree with torture. As for death penalty there are in my opinion some that do deserve it not that But like said only if you know without a doubt that they are guilty. Would I wish that on anyone although I couldnt tell you how id feel if something happened to my family or friends. ONcew again bringing up another issue I fell they should have their rights and privileges taken away. But we send them to Prisons that well some people woudl rather go to than live on there own everything is handed to them a place to sleep and food and TV and INternet.

Thanks to Monica
Angel of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2004, 05:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

Rusty Cooledge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Rusty Cooledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Light
To me Death Penalty which this might stir up another issue goes back to the Bible an eye for an eye. But on the other hand IT also says judge not lest ye be judged. That is a touchy subject in any case. But as for torture what purpose does that serve. I dont agree with torture. As for death penalty there are in my opinion some that do deserve it not that But like said only if you know without a doubt that they are guilty.
Don't forget what Jesus said about turning the other cheek, but anyway...

Define how you would know "without a doubt" that someone is guilty, you would be surprised how hard that would be to enforce.
Old 22 Aug 2004, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
BRING IT ON

Angel of Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Angel of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Cooledge
Don't forget what Jesus said about turning the other cheek, but anyway...

Define how you would know "without a doubt" that someone is guilty, you would be surprised how hard that would be to enforce.

Yes That i havent forgotten and I guess you have a point there is always doubts in most aspects. Im not sure if you recall the case of the Woman in Texas I believe that was facing the death penalty for killing somone with an Icepick. And before they executed her She asked for forgiveness for what she had done and said as much as she wanted to live the law was doing what they were supposed to.

Thanks to Monica
Angel of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2004, 11:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

On one hand, you'd think that's deplorable.

On the other, you take a look at the fact that just about every terrorist group in the world has America in it's crosshairs, as do many nations throughout the world and apparently some of our allies. More and more law enforcement officials are realizing that terrorist groups, street gangs and organized crime don't follow the same rules that we've forced ourselves to follow, and they know how to beat us at our own game.

Imagine you're a policeman who's stopped a car with five Arabic people in it. After they consent to a search of the vehicle, you find a trunk loaded with automatic weapons and license plates. Naturally, your hand is on your gun...until the driver shows you his gun dealers and car dealers licenses, in which case the driver is allowed by law to carry that suspicious cargo.

That happened in New Jersey, not two months before those same people planted a van full of explosives in a World Trade Center parking garage. We're bound by our own laws, and terrorists and the criminal element know their way around them and exploit our weakness in this way. Some say that's the price of living in the Land of the Free, but others say that we shouldn't sacrifice innocent lives because some murderous thugs have their rights...

In places like Iran and Egypt, if that kind of thing was found, the driver and all the passengers would be shot on the spot, and that's procedure. That may seem barbaric to you until you realize that they've been dealing with terrorist fundamentalist groups for decades, and that is how they best protect their people from those murderers.

In America we are fortunate to have only street gangs and militiamen hiding in Montana. If we have to take a few proactive steps toward insuring that we don't end up in that situation, then I say so be it. My kids' safety is more important than the rights of some felon/convict. That's right...I said it.

Enough with this attitude that we should apologize for being American. The entire world is up in arms against America, spitting at our feet in some sort of lame self righteousness. Well, we're the strongest country in the world and I say if you spit at our feet then you better prepare to get slapped in the face like the bitch you are.

If you screw with the bully, eventually you get the horns, and if you have a problem with that, then you just need to deal with it. For those of us who are independant, supporting ourselves and in some cases our families...we already know this. It's survival of the fittest and that is life. If you can't deal with that, then you better not move out of your mom's basement.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote