ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

4 different presidents for Mount Rushmore II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Aug 2004, 01:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default 4 different presidents for Mount Rushmore II

Of course, Ronald Reagan was a no-brainer, as was James Madison because he was the "Father of the Constitution". Andrew Jackson also made the list (although that's in part for things he did before he became President).

The last one was a tough call for me. Polk, Monroe, Eisenhower, & Adams probably would have been legitimate choices, but I finally settled on Eisenhower for the final slot.

-JBL-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2004, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

WallsOfJericho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Layfield
Of course, Ronald Reagan was a no-brainer, as was James Madison because he was the "Father of the Constitution". Andrew Jackson also made the list (although that's in part for things he did before he became President).

The last one was a tough call for me. Polk, Monroe, Eisenhower, & Adams probably would have been legitimate choices, but I finally settled on Eisenhower for the final slot.

-JBL-
oh please, reagan wasn't that great. there's a reason why he's called the great communicator, not the great president.

he didn't end the cold war either trev, so don't use that as an argument.
WallsOfJericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2004, 05:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter

he didn't end the cold war either trev, so don't use that as an argument.
Who did? It didn't end itself.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2004, 05:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Wineaux
Who did? It didn't end itself.
the fact that the Soviet's were getting their asses handed to them by a bunch of half assed mountain boys and were still trying to compete with us is what bankrupted them. if the thing collapsed in 1990 we'd be hailing George H.W. Bush as the "great communicator" and the "ender of the cold war"
Old 16 Aug 2004, 06:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^So you believe that the increase in defense spending did not lead tot hem attempting to do the same in order to challenge us: the only real power other than them?

Also, Reagan was not called the great communicator for ending the cold war. I don't know where you got this idea.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
^So you believe that the increase in defense spending did not lead tot hem attempting to do the same in order to challenge us: the only real power other than them?

Also, Reagan was not called the great communicator for ending the cold war. I don't know where you got this idea.
i didn't get that idea. i was just using his tag line, i knew it had nothing to do with him ending the cold war

as for the defense spending spree, as i said, they were in a war with a country about 1/20th their size and were losing, when they're spending a shit load of money on that, and still trying to compete with us, they're going to go bankrupt.

i'd also like to add on that Russia ALWAYS had huge military spending, and that it would catch up to them one way or another.

Last edited by WallsOfJericho; 16 Aug 2004 at 06:10 PM.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 06:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
No Frills

Do you believe the same will happen to the US?
Old 16 Aug 2004, 07:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you believe the same will happen to the US?
no.

our technology far exceedes anything any country has that isn't an ally of ours.
Old 17 Aug 2004, 09:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
No Frills

Maybe, you missed it but your logic for the USSR's inevitable bankruptcy (which is true, I just believe that Reagan sped things up by a decade or two) was that they spent so much on the military. We now spend at least twice as much on the military as any other country spends on their military.
Old 18 Aug 2004, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

Quote:
Maybe, you missed it but your logic for the USSR's inevitable bankruptcy (which is true, I just believe that Reagan sped things up by a decade or two) was that they spent so much on the military. We now spend at least twice as much on the military as any other country spends on their military.
we need to spend a lot on the military, america's military=planet earth's police force
Old 19 Aug 2004, 05:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
No Frills

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOJ
we need to spend a lot on the military, america's military=planet earth's police force
Which by no stretch answers my question.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 11:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

WallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improveWallsOfJericho can only hope to improve

Quote:
Which by no stretch answers my question.
it looked like you were commenting, i didn't know you wanted an "answer" to a question?
Old 19 Aug 2004, 01:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
they were in a war with a country about 1/20th their size and were losing
Landmass of a country means very little when your in a war. You could be the size of Rhode Island and kick everybody's ass.

My four would be Regan...FDR....JFK...and Clinton.
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2004, 01:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bah Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberg_Spear
Landmass of a country means very little when your in a war. You could be the size of Rhode Island and kick everybody's ass.

My four would be Regan...FDR....JFK...and Clinton.
yes it doesn't but, come on, the afghan's? they were nothing but a bunch of half assed mountain boys
Old 19 Aug 2004, 05:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
No Frills

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOJ
it looked like you were commenting, i didn't know you wanted an "answer" to a question?
Sorry my good man, I had confused this post with my previous post in this thread. My sincerest apologies (well, actually my 2nd sincerest. I'm not wasting my sincerest on the internet). Boy is my face red right now.