ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

We interrupt our daily Iraq bullshit to bring you this....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Aug 2004, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Default We interrupt our daily Iraq bullshit to bring you this....

Our president George W. Bush can be such a hypocrite sometimes. He talks about liberating Iraq, mission accomplished blah blah blah blah while he looks the other way on another nation who have suffered either as much or 10 times more Iraq has suffered even til this day. You don't know what I'm talking about? let's review then.

This Nation:

* Bombs it's own people killing approximately 1,000 people every week.
* Harbored Osama Bin Laden for 6 years and now they keep UN inspectors and Journalists out, just like Iraq used to do.
* Fought a cvil war recently with a whopping 1.5 million casualties.
* Commited Genocide Killing 30,000 people in the Dafur Region and forcing 1 million more out of their Villages.
* Has children drying needlessly from deseases and casualties of war.
* Provides Weapons to militant groups to help their needs.
* Is a possible fertile ground for WMDs
* Is an oil rich nation just like Iraq.
* Could be labeled as one of the worst racist movement in history.

Still don't know who am I talking about? Well then let me tell you.

Welcome to Sudam

But hey Iraq has a higher priority. :roll2:

There is literally no support from the US on this crisis while congress talks crap and Bush doesn't even wanna hear about this. The US sent a very minimal amount of soldiers to Sudam but mainly as shield so we won't look as bad as we currently are and because we are part of the UN. And do you want us to believe that Iraq was a waste of time and to complete what Bush Sr and Cheney started.

And yet France, the nation most of the americans have bashed relentlessly specially republicans have sent troops, humanitary help and is pretty much the lead force in this situation.. And where is Bush? Well he's either doing campain wich is understandable since it's election year or talking about how much "we have helped Iraq" Yeah right like thats called help. So who REALLY needs help now? Iraq or Sudam you'll be the judge of that.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Aug 2004, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^^Ecellent point man. Like most wars, its more about politics than liberating and defending freedom. Its a sad but factual (ugly) truth. BTW another country that can be put in Sudams catergory is Rowanda. Dispite being close to a decade since that huge gnenocide masscare that happend its still barely recuoprating from it.
Old 02 Aug 2004, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

so what? I'm all for kicking any countries ass, but what's the reality of the situation. Is this something that France is heading in the UN for some other global resolution? This situation looks like something the UN would do anyway. That's why if the US goes in there and fixes it, there will be a bunch of crying and complaining from the international community for not going through the UN to get there. But hey, I guess france sent it's 10 soldiers there so we'll see how they handle these situations for a change.

BTW, for a real good look at not getting involved when US interests aren't at stake, see Clintons policy on Uganda, rowanda and the like that Wanderer mentions.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Aug 2004, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

The thing is exo that Bush talks so much crap about Iraq and when you ask him about other nations with similar or worse problems he just plays dumb and keeps riding the Iraq horse.

Like Wanderer said most of the wars are politicaly motivated but when there is a true reason to intervene they simply look away and play dumb. Unfortunately this goes to everyone alike.
Old 02 Aug 2004, 01:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

So... we got a tyrant out of Iraq. People complain that its not Disneyland over there and call Bush a liar. Nobody acknowledges the good that we've done over there.

Now you propose that we do it again in another worthless country?
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Aug 2004, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Layfield
So... we got a tyrant out of Iraq. People complain that its not Disneyland over there and call Bush a liar. Nobody acknowledges the good that we've done over there.

Now you propose that we do it again in another worthless country?
I'm not proposing to do this in another country. I am amking a clear statement that Bush is a hypocrite since there are countries who suffer more than the iraqui people and he just makes political statements about it just so he can look pretty. Like iraq is the only country with serious problems and crazy dictators.
Old 02 Aug 2004, 02:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
I'm not proposing to do this in another country. I am amking a clear statement that Bush is a hypocrite since there are countries who suffer more than the iraqui people and he just makes political statements about it just so he can look pretty. Like iraq is the only country with serious problems and crazy dictators.
We found thousands of mass graves in Iraq... I don't think any of us can adequately rank and rate peoples suffering.

Iraq is of great strategic importance as well. I also certainly hope to get some oil out of this.
Old 02 Aug 2004, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
We found thousands of mass graves in Iraq... I don't think any of us can adequately rank and rate peoples suffering.

Iraq is of great strategic importance as well. I also certainly hope to get some oil out of this.
Ah let's see.

150,000 + 200,000 poisoned Kurds VS 1.5Million + over 85,000 casualties during the 17 months that have passed during the crisis + 30,000 people genocided on the Dufar Region.

Trev not even putting all iraq's war cassualties would get even close to this mess.
Old 02 Aug 2004, 02:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Quote:
Ah let's see.

150,000 + 200,000 poisoned Kurds VS 1.5Million + over 85,000 casualties during the 17 months that have passed during the crisis + 30,000 people genocided on the Dufar Region.

Trev not even putting all iraq's war cassualties would get even close to this mess.
There were still thousands of others that were killed in prisions....

But I believe my point stands that Iraq is actually worth something, the Sudan isn't.
Old 02 Aug 2004, 03:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
There were still thousands of others that were killed in prisions....

But I believe my point stands that Iraq is actually worth something, the Sudan isn't.
It's like saying that a cop went for a speeder rather than nabbing a robber.
Old 02 Aug 2004, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Quote:
It's like saying that a cop went for a speeder rather than nabbing a robber.
The United States is an imperial power. We can do whatever will benefit us most. Iraq benefits us.
Old 02 Aug 2004, 03:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
The United States is an imperial power. We can do whatever will benefit us most. Iraq benefits us.
Uh Let me know where the benefit stands. So far we ended up looking like assholes, Came out empty handed without any active WMDs and over 900 casualties and rising..... Where is the benefit from this?
Old 02 Aug 2004, 03:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Quote:
Uh Let me know where the benefit stands. So far we ended up looking like assholes, Came out empty handed without any active WMDs and over 900 casualties and rising..... Where is the benefit from this?
Oil.

Also a strategic position in the middle east to hit, Syria, Jordan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Iran.
Old 02 Aug 2004, 03:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
An there lies the problem...this complactecy to your country's power and ability to everyone else (whether they want it or not) is a very dangerous thing to weild.
Old 02 Aug 2004, 04:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
The thing is exo that Bush talks so much crap about Iraq and when you ask him about other nations with similar or worse problems he just plays dumb and keeps riding the Iraq horse.

Like Wanderer said most of the wars are politicaly motivated but when there is a true reason to intervene they simply look away and play dumb. Unfortunately this goes to everyone alike.
Well, there are wars in afghanastan to deal with also. I don't think the US can police the entire world, and there's enough critisism allready for going it without all the un boys in Iraq. Now you would support another invasion and nation building? But you said that France was allready involved, which leads me to belive they don't want our help anyway. But I don't know all the politics involved here, so I can't really comment. All I know for sure is that we have to take one problem at a time. There are what, 30 or so countries with dictators and shit going down? Where is the un in dealing with this? Obviously, they're completely inept at getting anything done.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote