ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

The next election is irrelevant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jul 2004, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default The next election is irrelevant

I will need two bottles of Listerine to wash the taste of the DNC out of my mouth. I look at people such as John Kerry, Billary Clinton, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and I want to puke.

I don't see the federal government as my friend, nor the salvation for all my woes. I see the federal government as my enemy. The federal government takes my money, suppresses my rights as an individual and does it all at the point of a gun, backed up by limitless resources. Remember when Bill Clinton uttered the biggest lie of his lying career?

"The era of Big Government is over."

My aching ass. Yeah, the era of big government was over. We went straight to REALLY BIG GOVERNMENT after that. This mutation of what the Founding Fathers envisioned is never going to stop. I am a lonely voice in the wilderness who happens to believe that I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF.

Got dam. I've never received a dime from the federal government and even if they offered it to me, I would refuse to take it. I've already got a mama and I damn sure don't want some gasbag in congress to assume that role. I want to be a free man.

Too many people can't handle freedom and politicians are quick to recognize that fact. Fuck up your life? NO PROBLEM!!! We'll just take money from people who DIDN'T fuck up their lives and GIVE IT to you. Got ten illegitimate children from eight different fathers that you can't feed? NO PROBLEM!!! We'll just take money from people who didn't fuck up and GIVE IT TO YOU!!!

That's what the federal government has become today. It is a goddam octopus with a slime-drenched tenacle inserted into every aspect of our lives. It exists to perpetuate itself and grow larger every day. Fast-talking assholes in fancy suits and well-coiffed hair have convinced far too many people that this is a good thing.

It is not.

Freedom carries a lot of risk. If you live free, you take your chances on failure or success, riches or poverty, good times or bad times. That's the way life should be. The only way government can make life "fair" is to punish achievers and reward the incompetent. That's a twisted way of looking at fairness, but that's what government does. Government ENCOURAGES you to fuck up so it can be there to help you.

I don't buy that shit. I prefer to take my chances.

I don't believe that I will vote in the next Presidential election. Why bother? No matter who is elected, government will continue to grow, it will create more regulations, it will take more of my money and intrude into more of my life. It's not a matter of who wins. I lose no matter what.

I want to live free. Government doesn't allow that today, no matter who is President.

-JBL-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2004, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Move in with the Amish. If all you do is bitch, jack will change.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 11:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade Draven
Move in with the Amish. If all you do is bitch, jack will change.
You only post once in a blue moon... and all that ever is is bitching...

Take some time away from e-stalking me, and commenting solely on my posts... then maybe you'll be worth listening to...
Old 30 Jul 2004, 11:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.

Don't flatter yourself, Yosemite.
Old 31 Jul 2004, 12:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade Draven
Don't flatter yourself, Yosemite.
I don't, Dade Cockfeather.
Old 31 Jul 2004, 12:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

I'm not the one who has the dildo in his mouth.
Old 31 Jul 2004, 12:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Layfield
I will need two bottles of Listerine to wash the taste of the DNC out of my mouth. I look at people such as John Kerry, Billary Clinton, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and I want to puke.

I don't see the federal government as my friend, nor the salvation for all my woes. I see the federal government as my enemy. The federal government takes my money, suppresses my rights as an individual and does it all at the point of a gun, backed up by limitless resources. Remember when Bill Clinton uttered the biggest lie of his lying career?

My aching ass. Yeah, the era of big government was over. We went straight to REALLY BIG GOVERNMENT after that. This mutation of what the Founding Fathers envisioned is never going to stop. I am a lonely voice in the wilderness who happens to believe that I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF.

Got dam. I've never received a dime from the federal government and even if they offered it to me, I would refuse to take it. I've already got a mama and I damn sure don't want some gasbag in congress to assume that role. I want to be a free man.

Too many people can't handle freedom and politicians are quick to recognize that fact. Fuck up your life? NO PROBLEM!!! We'll just take money from people who DIDN'T fuck up their lives and GIVE IT to you. Got ten illegitimate children from eight different fathers that you can't feed? NO PROBLEM!!! We'll just take money from people who didn't fuck up and GIVE IT TO YOU!!!

That's what the federal government has become today. It is a goddam octopus with a slime-drenched tenacle inserted into every aspect of our lives. It exists to perpetuate itself and grow larger every day. Fast-talking assholes in fancy suits and well-coiffed hair have convinced far too many people that this is a good thing.

It is not.

Freedom carries a lot of risk. If you live free, you take your chances on failure or success, riches or poverty, good times or bad times. That's the way life should be. The only way government can make life "fair" is to punish achievers and reward the incompetent. That's a twisted way of looking at fairness, but that's what government does. Government ENCOURAGES you to fuck up so it can be there to help you.

I don't believe that I will vote in the next Presidential election. Why bother? No matter who is elected, government will continue to grow, it will create more regulations, it will take more of my money and intrude into more of my life. It's not a matter of who wins. I lose no matter what.

I want to live free. Government doesn't allow that today, no matter who is President.

-JBL-
Well assumebly you would want to vote in the next election just to vote for the person least likely to increase growth of the government and create more regulations and take more of your money and intrude into your life.

I do agree with you, the government controls most of what the people do. You cannot live in this country without being recognized by the government as a citizen, the government holds all of your personal information and can access it at anytime. You said the government rewards failure and that is true... somewhat, I think of it more as a "safety parachaute". If you get fired, you'll get paid money from the government until you get another job, if you get injured and can't work you'll get compensation (sp?). When a mother gives birth to multiple kids she's gonna need money to support them. In this sense the government is helpful. Yes, there will always be people who take advantage of these generosities of the government but in my opinion it is helping those who need it. Just remember that the taxes we pay do go to alot more than paying other people, your tax money also goes to schools, roads etc etc. Things that you use on a regular basis and could not afford to maintain if there was no government.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2004, 02:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Layfield
Oh god, no doubt about it. Everyone of them had a story about some starving 80 year old grandmother dying in the streets because she can't get her meds or some poor sad guy who lost his job at the factory and had to move into a storage crate to drink his life away in a society that asks too much of him. Not like I'm allready paying up the ass for a retirement fund I'll never see or hitting the want ads every damn day for freelance work to make sure I have rent paid months ahead of time. Opportunity! Yeah, I also went into monster debt to get through school, which I couldn't even finish because I had to work instead. But hey, the dnc was loaded with millionares who have fancy parties in the Hamptons where they can discuss the sad sad lives of the common folk who are so beneath them

Quote:

Of course you can. A lot of ppl can. But it's too darn hard. So why bother The govt has done a pretty good job of holding ppl down. I tried for 4 years to get ahead and only by getting laid off and having to fend for myself again have I been able to put money away.

Quote:
But I won't lie, I have a fat check from the govt waiting for me to get. Trouble is, I can't get it if I make money. So I therefore plan to set myself up so I can take a 3 month vacation and get a piece back from all the tens of thousands of taxes and social security and fica and anything else that I've paid money into, when I could have used it to do somthing for myself when I had it in the first place. Also, I consider it retribution when the irs took my tax rebate away from me without even asking. Fuckers.

Quote:
You are right. I feel like that all the time. I feel like I have to carry the burden of 10 other ppl. Ppl who are no more educated or skilled than me. Just ppl that won't lift a finger to help themselves. Christ, I have plenty of members in my family just like that. They won't do a thing for themselves. They rely on everybody around them and any handout they can recieve. And all they really have to do is get motivated. But they've been that way since they were born and just expect it to keep coming to them.

Quote:

It is not.

My theory is, if ppl wouldn't stand for that shit, the govt. wouldn't have anything to do. What happened to a govt. for the people, by the people? Can't have that. Not when the govt has it's own economy to support. And of course when the govt does have to cut back, because it's become so goddamn bloated, it's a crying outrage. Look how many ppl will lose their jobs Look how many ppl will lose their jobs because they filled an unnecessary and pointless void It sickens me. the more money the govt can rip out of me, the more they'll just blow it on nothingness. What do I have to show for it?

Quote:

-JBL-
Excellent post trev. I know exactly how you feel and I am just has tired of it as you are.

Also, you have to vote. I always ask ppl who are bitching if they voted or not. When they invaribly tell me they didn't, I say "If you didn't participate, you don't get to complain."

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote