ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

The LAPD "Strikes" Again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jun 2004, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Default The LAPD "Strikes" Again

LAPD Probing Arrest, Beating of Motorist
By ANDREA ALMOND

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Federal and state authorities are investigating the arrest of an unarmed black man who was repeatedly struck with an officer's flashlight, an incident that has sparked comparisons with the 1991 Rodney King beating.

The arrest, captured Wednesday by a TV news helicopter, showed an officer hitting the suspect 11 times with a metal flashlight after it appeared the man had surrendered following a car chase.

The incident occurred just a week after the LAPD said it had successfully implemented reforms mandated by a federal consent decree after the Justice Department identified a ``pattern and practice'' of civil rights violations by the LAPD.

Police said the man was not seriously injured but did complain that he had been struck in the head and suffered an injury to his nose. He was treated at a nearby hospital.

Deputy Chief Earl Paysinger said the police would investigate to ``thoroughly unpeel the layers of this situation until we get to the truth.'' The FBI and the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office also opened investigations.

A number of community activists expressed outrage over the incident and demanded justice. Civil rights activist Najee Ali compared the incident to the 1991 beating of black motorist Rodney King.

"Here we go again,'' Ali said. "This is Rodney King all over again.''

"How much longer are we going to sit around and watch our brothers and sisters be treated like this?'' asked Morris Griffin of the Los Angeles Coalition for Justice and Peace to End Police Brutality Committee.

The suspect, Stanley Miller, 36, of Compton, was arrested for investigation of grand theft auto and was jailed on $30,000 bail, Officer Jason Lee said.

"There is no denying that it looks very bad from what is seen on the video,'' Police Chief William Bratton told the Los Angeles Times. ``But there should be no rush to judgment before the investigations are completed.''

Law enforcement sources told the Times that Miller's record included five prior convictions for various crimes, including burglary, attempted burglary and weapons charges.

Four white Los Angeles officers were videotaped beating King. Deadly riots broke out a year later after the officers were acquitted of most charges.

The latest incident began about 5 a.m. when officers began chasing a suspected stolen car. After the suspect got out of the car and ran, he appeared to get down on his hands and knees.

After several other officers arrived, the suspect was forced to the ground, where the videotape showed an officer striking him in the upper body with a flashlight.

Los Angeles police are permitted to use metal flashlights to strike suspects but they are supposed to use only as much force as needed to overcome resistance.

In a departure from past incidents, police declined to release the names of the officers involved, citing legal advice by the city attorney's office.

Paysinger said several officers involved in the arrest would be put on administrative leave. The three officers seen as most aggressive on the videotape are white, Paysinger said, and none are rookies.

Mayor James Hahn was quick to speak out about the latest footage.

"What I saw jeopardizes the work that we have done to try to build that bond of trust between the department and the community,'' Hahn said. "Now is the day that bond of trust is going to be tested.''

This takes me to a thread I made around a month and a half ago called "A few Dirty Badges" where I wanted to discuss the police abuse and brutality we are witnessing lately and this further proofs my point. I saw the video footage and it clearly shows the officers beating down that person after he was under control. 13 years ago the LAPD showed how big of a scumbags were they by clearing most of the charges from the officers involved in the beating of Rodney King. Til this day the LAPD is the most corrupted and the department where inapropiate behavior has never been punished. Is this gonna keep going. Are the movies and media are gonna keep glorifying a police department who's behavior has been the most controvertible?

Discuss..... Finally no politics on a thread
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2004, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I agree that the LAPD still has MAJOR issues of being an exemley curropt PD. Even amoung other PD's throughout North America. One of my High School friend (who's a Officer for the local Metro Toronto Police Dept, or MTPD) has a cosuin that was once part of the LAPD, and hes told me of so many htings that go on in that PD that don't even make the news that would get you so sick of being a LA cop, both racialy motivated, and potiltical. Thats one reason why he left the that PD and moved out of LA and back to Victoria BC. (currently a RCMP officer now). So This story doesn't come as a suprise to me..not in the least.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Dammit do I have to say BUSH on a thread in order for someone else to reply?
Old 28 Jun 2004, 04:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^ I don't know anything about the LAPD. That's why i didn't post.

On a side note: Osama, me, Wanderer, and John Layfield are pretty much 75% of MOTM.
Does anyone else find it weird? (maybe someone will post for that)
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2004, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osama Bin Daddy

My point is proven

j/k
Old 28 Jun 2004, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I just don't post in here very often anymore.....I don't know why......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2004, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osama Bin Daddy

Hey at least i put my two cents in..