ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

The Canadian Federal Election (Yeah it exists!)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jun 2004, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default The Canadian Federal Election (Yeah it exists!)

Well with all the American Political rants that have been going on here for so long I thgouth it would be nice for a change to discuss some politcs besides the ones in US boarders..

As some here may know.. theres a federal election for a new PM (Prime Minister) For Canada coming up exaclty one week form now. And it looks like the Conservatives and Liberals are neck and neck with seats, with the NDP and the (meh) Green Party in distant 3rd and 4th...

Personaly this election scares me... I'm frankly tired of the Libarals being in power for so long (a little over a decade now) but at the same time The Torries are well known to have hidden agendeas...plus with all accusations with being anti- immigrant, and cartering only to the bigger companies and fmailes with higher imcome brackets...and the Health care issues to boot...I really do not want these guys in power..I don't trust them one bit.
But who else to vote for? yeah theres the NDP, but with the little support they have its unlikey they will so much as break even with seats much less win. And forget the Green Party.. they are still too small though have gained a little more regignition this time around.

Who am I voitng for...well to he honest I'm still undecided. I've supported the Liberals many times in the past....but somethimes when one party is in power for too long, they get cocky and really mess up..sometimes change is good. But I'm reall scared of the alterative...

Anways for my fellow candian PWFers...what are your thoughts on this election?
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

I can't vote in this election, but if I could I would vote for the NDP. I have the same viewpoint they do on a lot of the issues. I wouldn't vote for the Conservatives because I don't like the idea of privitizing everything. Liberals, well, I don't like Martin, and there's been a lot of scandals with them in power. The Green Party is going to do well in BC. It'll get a couple seats out there for sure. I was actually hoping that the Green Party would actually get to be part of the debate, but they don't hold a seat, so they weren't allowed.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2004, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^Yeah i agree with the privatizing of healthcare...amoung other things...it'll makemany things a whole lot worse for our country...what pisses me off is how so many that are voting for the Toriees seem to overlook this...watch, in less than a year, they really mess something up should they get into power...Just look what they did in Ontario duing the Mike Harris days...
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK

I don't think that they are overlooking the privitization stuff. I just think that the voters want someone in power that isn't a Liberal.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

^Exaclty. But at the same time they know that the Federal Torries do have a hidden agenda...Plus all their stances they have (like the war in Iraq, Abortion, Same sex etc) some of which I agree with but many more I strongly disagree with, not to mantion many here in Ont. Combne that with the plans ofr Pritizing Healtcare...and all the things that Harpper is saying, compared to what the actually Conserative Party is doing or planning to do are two diffrent things. I guess its a lesser of two evils...keep the Liberals in since were more familuer with them, but prepare for potential scandals in money. The alternative is the Conseratives. Their leader looks sound, but the party itself does not...they've had a long standing histroy of cutting many programs that tend to affect middle and lower imcome familes, while giving breaks (or turing the blind eye) to larger companies, including employment, not to mention this unknown addenda they have in store for Canada which is what alot of people are scared of. The NDP look like the best party but all these polls show they are a distant 3rd. The Green party a distant 4th. Its no wonder why so many are still undecided on who to vote for.

BTW 3 issues i've notied that have taken to the back burner on both the Liberals and Conseratives, is 1. the University Tuition issue, 2. Afforable Housing in major cities (incliding the homless) and 3. Funding for the inforstruture of all the major cities in Canada (like here in toronto) Not one of the major parites mentioned anthing about those issues...save 2. The NDP and Green Party....
Old 24 Jun 2004, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

ill be voting for either the liberals or the conservatives.

The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2004, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Well looks like the Liberals won....though not by a majority set of seats...(135 to be exact. Conseravties got 93 seats, The Bloq got 55, and the NDP, got 22. Oh and one independent got one seat.

Not sure what to think of this....espcially considering there could be another election in less than 3 years (remember this election was called early so their can be another one that soon) So whos to say that this outcome will stay that way?
Anyone have any opinions on the outcome?
Old 29 Jun 2004, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

I was personally hoping the NDP would win this one. Hopefully they can build some more awareness and maybe have a stronger showing at the next election.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2004, 10:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I'm glad the conservatives did well, but they gotta do better in Ontario if they ever want a majority.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 10:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I thought the PC was alright until this happened...

My mom got a call from them. They just wanted to take a survey. So anyways, she takes the survey. A few days later something comes in the mail thanking her for taking it. Also on it, it says 'we would appreciate a kind donation' (or it was something like that). Like what the fuck is that? There not even in power yet, and they want your goddamn money already. Thats sad.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 10:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Coleman
I'm glad the conservatives did well, but they gotta do better in Ontario if they ever want a majority.
Untill they are straight with their party members and themselves and REALLY listen to the public here in Ont. and not have these agendas catering only to certian part of Canada and not others (City Inforsturcture for instance or in their case lack of a plan thereof) Its highly unlikely that they ever do better in Ont. Granted they did better this time but still couldn't really crack enough votes in "Fortress Ont". Which suits me fine anyway...don't really want them in power. Alot fo thier ploices scare me...and thier plans for the Health Care system....YIKES. I would ahve prefered the NDP in power though...but they didin't get enough support. So Liberals are the next best thing if you ask me.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 01:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

I'm pleased with the results. However, I'd be happier if the Liberals and NDP got enough seats to form a majority.

It ended up being that the Liberals got 135 seats, PC got 99, the Bloc won 54, the NDP winning 19 and the 1 independant seat.

Looks like we should be seeing some left on left party action going on in the next little while. That I like.
Old 06 Jul 2004, 02:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

im actually dissapointed that the conservatives lost. i was ndp at first, but layton was too much of a P*ssy on defense.

The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote