ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

N***a, Please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jun 2004, 01:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default N***a, Please

One of the charges constantly thrown at Southern conservatives by their liberal counterparts is that Southerners are all racist. Well, this story seems to add credence to that accusation.

Quote:
Mayor Jack Ellis used a racial slur several times in a public confrontation Wednesday to describe critics of his administration, a black newspaper publisher and another eyewitness told The Telegraph.

Herbert Dennard of the Georgia Informer said the mayor confronted him in the lobby of Terminal Station and "just started lambasting me."

Dennard had recently hosted a local radio talk show with City Council members Elaine Lucas and Rick Hutto, discussing Ellis' management of the Terminal Station project.

Dennard said Ellis spoke of "n-----s" who "always try to pull down" other blacks, "like crabs in a barrel." He said the mayor spoke for about two minutes.

"I just told him I refused to use the 'n' word," Dennard said when reached by telephone about an hour after the episode.

Elijah Jones of Macon, who was in Terminal Station, a few feet from the confrontation, described the mayor as "irate" and his words as a "very, very strong verbal reprimand."

"The mayor did all of the talking," Jones said. "Mr. Dennard just looked."

Jones said the mayor told Dennard that "n-----s like you," Lucas and Councilman Henry Ficklin "will destroy the black race." Jones said he is a longtime friend of Lucas and that hearing her name got his attention.

Through his spokeswoman, Alice Bailey, Ellis Wednesday "emphatically" denied using that racial slur to refer to Lucas and Ficklin, who are black, and said that to suggest otherwise would be libelous.
What kind of a racist cracker is this mayor? As it turns out, he's a black racist cracker. But remember, gentle reader, only white people can be racist. Unless, of course, they happen to be Democrats*Cough*Byrd*Cough*.

This is kinda funny to me... whenever I go to Bayview or Hunters Point the black guys I know(And some of the white wimmen) call me the "N-word" and treat me like one of their own. They see the "N-Word" as something that identifies them as a group.

Oh well... discuss Senator Byrd and the "n-word" here.

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2004, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
DISCO MACHINE~!

Aaron has a spectacular aura aboutAaron has a spectacular aura about

A TV football/soccer expert got fired from his job a few months back over here for calling a player a "nigger". He turned his microphone away and muttered it to the guy next to him, but failed to realise the other guy's mic was still on. So it got broadcast on TV, and the guy got into a crapload of trouble for it. Dumbass.

I don't actually know any black people. No, I don't avoid them. I have been friends with an Asian family since I was very young. I have other friends of Asian/Eastern origin. I have no racial prejudice. The fact is, no black families live anywhere near me, nor do any black kids go to my school. I've always been taught not to use the N-word, even though racial slurs have been used around me by elderly people. I can listen to a rap CD (50 Cent, G-Unit, etc.), and the word seems to be used quite frequently. It seems like some kind of term of endearment like I'd say "dude" or mate".

As far as I'm concerned, it's just a word. Yeah, it did have a strong offensive meaning behind it once. But the way I see it now, it's no worse than calling someone a "motherfucker". I know it was a horrific insult once, but now, through overuse in the media and general society, it's just another word. People can say to their friends "Hey motherfucker, how's it goin'?" and the recipient won't be offended. Just like a black person can say to another black person "Hey nigga, how's it goin'?", and no offence will be caused. But if a white person were to say the latter to a black person, in a friendly manner, not an intentionally offensive manner, there would likely still be an uproar.

The way I see it, is that the "nigger" issue is another huge roadblock for total racial equality. Yeah, I realise total, 100% racial equality may never happen, but the day a white guy can say "What's up nigga?" to a black guy, and get a reply of "Just chillin' cracka", we'll be one step closer to it.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

I don't like the word, never have. I don't like it when rappers, or any blacks throw it around either. Alot of older blacks I know would slap the shit outta anybody black or white if they even thought about calling them that
Old 11 Jun 2004, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

the ironic part of this story is that in Macon, Georgia were the apparently came from is that the majoritiy of the city is black...every feb. and sept. i have to go down there for a conference one weekend out of those months and the town is mainly african american..which doesn't bother me, but this is the second time this year that something like this happened there...in feb. a man working at a basketball game held in the macon colisuem (where georgia holds it state tournaments) was saying "N" to several black people and meaning it in a rude way, while a newspaper reporter sat right by him...dumbasses
Old 12 Jun 2004, 01:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

SIDENOTE: I just noticed that this thread got 24 views... the more contraverisal my thread names are... the more clicks I get...

Interesting...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2004, 03:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade Draven
I don't like the word, never have. I don't like it when rappers, or any blacks throw it around either. Alot of older blacks I know would slap the shit outta anybody black or white if they even thought about calling them that
^Ditto for me as well, and I'm black myslef. I never use that word, and I too get upset when anyone uses it regardless of that speakers colour, gender age, reglion, ocupation etc.

But what really gets me upset, it when some ignorgant people not only think that most whites are racist in that context, but that most blacks use the "n'' word all the time in everyday speech. Both of which is WRONG.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 09:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

My mother always taught me that the only people who say that word are spiteful, evil, malicious people whose own distaste for the despicable people they've grown up to become forces them to try to belittle those around them in order to create a false sense of superiority.

That being said, "Cracker" is the goddamn funniest epithet ever and I don't think I'll ever get tired of letting whitey(myself) know that he(I) ain't nothing but an unsalted Cracker. Chris Rock should've gotten an Oscar for his tremendous usage of the word "Cracker" in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. That was some funny shit.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote