ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

President Reagan's Health Deteriorates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jun 2004, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default President Reagan's Health Deteriorates

NewsMax Wires
Saturday, June 5, 2004

Former President Ronald Reagan's health has deteriorated, the White House has been told.

The White House was informed that the 93-year-old former president's health had changed significantly in the past several days, a person familiar with Reagan's condition said Saturday.

Reagan has been out of the public eye since disclosing a decade ago that he had Alzheimer's disease. He has lived longer than any other U.S. president.

Rumors about Reagan's health arose Friday and his office in California said it had received more than 300 calls over the past two days.

"He's 93 years old. He's had Alzheimer's disease for 10 years. There are plenty of rumors. When there is something significant to report I will do so," the Reagan family's chief of staff, Joanne Drake, told The Associated Press on Saturday.

White House officials also checked on Reagan's health Friday. The White House was told his health has deteriorated and "the time is getting close," according to the person familiar with Reagan's health, who did not want to be identified out of sensitivity to the family. "It could be weeks. It could be months."

Reagan's condition has changed significantly for the worse in the past several days, this person said.

News about Reagan's health came as President Bush arrived in the French capital, the second stop on his trip to Europe.

Former first lady Nancy Reagan, at a fund-raiser last month for human embryonic research, described the toll that Alzheimer's has taken on her husband.

"Ronnie's long journey has finally taken him to a distant place where I can no longer reach him," she said. "Because of this I'm determined to do whatever I can to save other families from this pain. I just don't see how we can turn our backs on this."

Nancy Reagan and others believe the use of stem cells from embryos could lead to cures for such illnesses as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.

Such research is generally opposed by political conservatives and many anti-abortion groups because it involves the destruction of days-old human embryos. President Bush signed an executive order in 2001 limiting research to existing embryonic stem cell lines.

Reagan celebrated his birthday Feb. 6 in seclusion at his Los Angeles home. The nation's 40th chief executive, who broke his hip in a fall at his home in 2001, has rarely been seen in public since his poignant letter announcing he had the memory-sapping disease.

In that note on Nov. 5, 1994, Reagan said, "I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of my life. I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead."

© 2004 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
================================================== ========

My Great Uncle is dying of alzheimers right now. The toll it has taken on my Grandomother is devastating. Its the worst way to loose someone. They are in there, somewhere, but you can't find them.

My Prayers go out to anyone suffering from either the gradual loss or the disease itself.

Reagan was a good man, whether you like his politics or not. He took the maximum tax rate from %70 to %28. Reagan was a great optimist, and pessimism never created a job. Optimism, Reagans optimism, created 25 million. He led this nation into a bigger economic boom than we have ever had in our history to this date.

His loss will be tragic.

This isn't a political thread tho. I'd like to find some siteds to donate to Alzheimers reasearch. I'll find some and post them later, any help in finding them would be most appreciated.

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2004, 03:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

I'm sorry to report that Former President Ronald Reagan has died at the age of Ninety-Three.

I'll have the full story when it it released.
Old 05 Jun 2004, 03:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

I'm sorry to report that Former President Ronald Reagan has died at the age of Ninety-Three.

I'll have the full story when it is released.
Old 05 Jun 2004, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I heard it on Fox News

God bless you Ronald Reagan, you were a great American.
Old 05 Jun 2004, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5144264/

Thats the link to NBC's story.

Let me remind you that this thread is not for politics, but for rememberance.
Old 05 Jun 2004, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

This is the Fox News story

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,121883,00.html

Old 05 Jun 2004, 04:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I just read it on MSNBC.....

I am truly saddened by the passing of one of the greatest presidents the United States of America will ever know. No, that statement is wrong. He is one of the greatest men the world will ever know. Whether you believe in the political side of Ronald Reagan or not, history will show that he had some of the greatest ideas for governmental policies that any man has ever had. He was an American hero in a time that America needed one. He gave his heart and soul to a country that he loved, an ideal he believed in, and a family that loved him.

Much will be said, good and bad, about Ronald Reagan over the course of the next few days. Some of it will be false, most of it true. I know this much. There is a piece of my soul, some of my personal history that has died today.

Godspeed, Ronald Reagan. Godspeed.

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2004, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

oeo, that was a wonderful post.

What will be shown in the next few days and weeks that Regan is up there with FDR as the 20th centurys greatest leaders.
Old 05 Jun 2004, 04:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Coleman
oeo, that was a wonderful post.

What will be shown in the next few days and weeks that Regan is up there with FDR as the 20th centurys greatest leaders.
It really was Reagan and FDR that had the greatest impact on this country. They both brought down tyrants.

"Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down This Wall"

^The line that put the nail in the Soviet Unions coffin.
Old 05 Jun 2004, 04:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Agreed. FDR helped kill Facism and Nazism and Reagan killed Communism.

People in Eastern Europe are very thankful to have a man like Reagan.
Old 05 Jun 2004, 05:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

A Truly Sad Day for The United States of America...A Great Man...and a Utterly Fantastic President has left us....Rest In Peace Mr. Reagan.
Old 05 Jun 2004, 06:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

A sad feeling is definitely around here. My prayers go out to the Reagan family.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2004, 06:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

It's truely a shame such an intelligent and prestigeous man such as himself was diagnosed with this syndrome so many years ago....it's really very unfortunate about his death. My thoughts and prayers to the Regan family this sad day.
Old 05 Jun 2004, 08:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

2 things.

1. He was 93 and out of his mind, with a lot of pain. If anything this is a good day, as he is no longer suffering.

2. He gets to much credit in this thread. Reagan by his own account, wasn't even running the country for the last 3 years of his presidency. He would do and makes decesions that later on, he would not remember. Instead of stepping down, he selfishly along side of people around him, held on to one of the most important posistion in the World, while being incompitent to do so. His Orin Hatch type agenda split him so far away from the youth of America, and made redicules policy's that hurt the economy so badly that today we still have a major problems with certain things from his terms.

My prayers go out to his family, but I don't feel to bad being he was 93 and had no clue where he was........

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2004, 11:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

It is good day today the he finally did die. He suffering for ten years anyway. Sad to his family and friends, not to this country or the world.

The only positive thing he did was take care of the military. His "deregulation" is what started all the corporate fraud scandals we have today. His "trickle-down" effect was bullshit, and he knew it too. The only people, other than his family and friends, that will miss him are CEOs.

And yes the economy did tank during his term as prez. It was late in his first or during his second term I believe. His legacy is epitomized by the corporate scandals of today.

It is impossible to separate politics from this man.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote