ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > IWO E-Fed > International Wrestling Organization > IWO Archives

IWO Archives Old IWO Shows Are In Here.

I wanna see your promo skills...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jul 2004, 07:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.
Default I wanna see your promo skills...

... so, just do a short (200 word) promo, introducing your character and including a bit of shameless self promotion. Then I'll have a bit of an idea who should be in the main event bracket.

This goes for everyone, as well.
Old 06 Jul 2004, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Sub..do I really have to prove anything To You?...
Old 06 Jul 2004, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

hmm ... i dunno how to go about this ... as my character doesnt speak ... i'll post something tomorrow after i figure it all out

syco13
Old 06 Jul 2004, 06:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.

^Your Character Not Speaking is not an option...
Old 06 Jul 2004, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

Rusty Cooledge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Rusty Cooledge

lol that'll be pretty damn hard to have a character that doesn't speak, unless he's the most action oriented e-fedder of all time.
Old 06 Jul 2004, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One
Sub..do I really have to prove anything To You?...
...well, it'd be nice to see where you're at... your choice I guess.

and X... he speaks.
Old 06 Jul 2004, 06:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

Meh..I will in a couple Of days...
Old 06 Jul 2004, 07:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

The scene is that of an empty parking lot in cental Minneapolis, Minnesota. Taxi cabs and Greyhound buses are the only vehicles on the roads at this late hour, as the moon glows down it's sporadic waves of dim light. It's utterly useless however, as a street light buzzes loudly in the center of this concrete landscape. A man sits cross legged amongst the cracked floor of half-faded yellow lines and burned rubber. He stares down intently into his hands, playing cards in palm. They consume his attention and being.

I am the master of my own destiny. And nobody messes with my destiny, and gets away with it.

He raises his head, his poker face on, red fire goatee seeming a catalyst for his anger filled eyes.

There is a certain hierarchy in everything. There are no equals in this world, despite everything you may have heard from your civil rights heros. There is superiority in everything, there is inferiority even more so. We can lie to ourselves for hours at a time, but once reality takes control once more, once we watch these ideals in real action other than within the pages of some book like "To Kill a Mockingbird", we either accept this, or continue with the lies.

In this world you have your lowest common denominators, a 1 on the scale of mediocrity.

He throws down a one card of each suit from his hand before him.

From then on...

Begins furiously throwing down playing cards in order, stacking the 2's of each suit on top of the 1's, the 3's of each suit on top of the 2's, and so on.

...You have increasing. You have greatening. You have improving.

He throws the cards down faster and faster

Each one better than the last, higher than the last, but lower than the next. 8... 9... 10... jack.

He pauses his rapid fire dealing, then continues again, slower now.

You reach a point when you are no longer a mere number.

The point when you become a mere label?

Jack... queen... king...

He finishes dealing the cards down now, 4 kings before him on top of the 4 piles of suits.

Until you are at the top. When nothing can beat you.

Let's not get technical now... I acknowledge aces can mean 1 or beat a king.

But that's not how it works in real life.

There is eventually a greatest.

The highest.

The supreme.

There is heirarchy in all thing...

He looks down at the cards before him, and angrily swats them away. They blow away in the wind across the barren parking lot, as he refuses to raise his head and acknowledge them.

But there comes a point when you are the best, that you are so far removed from the masses...

That from up here...

Rusty suddenly pulls a sheepskin bag from inside his flak jacket. He turns it over, pouring identical cards everywhere, numbering in the hundreds. He picks one up, and puts a lighter under it, the card value clearly seen by the camera

...You all look like nothing but fucking jokers.

The card ignites, and burns up. Rusty stares at it as it curls up into black ash. He drops it, stands up from his sitting position, and walks off into the distance as we fade out.

PS. lol my bad, I didn't even read the main topic and didn't know you wanted a 200 word introductory promo.

if you want me to do another one I'll be happy to.

Last edited by Rusty Cooledge; 06 Jul 2004 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06 Jul 2004, 07:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
-X-

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASY V
and X... he speaks.
is there any possible way to do it with out? ... its part of the character

syco13
Old 06 Jul 2004, 07:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

E-fed's work solely on the principle of promoing. It's the only way to advance or not advance in storylines on the weekly shows. Unfortunently, yes you will have to speak. But there are different kinds of speakers, you don't have to be a HHH type promoer or anything.

Try a few styles out and see what works, just consider your character a work in progress at all times, advice we can all live by.
Old 06 Jul 2004, 07:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
-X-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Cooledge
E-fed's work solely on the principle of promoing.
i agree, but i dont see why speaking in necessary .... i want to have the character more or less be narrated ... a promo doesnt have to be the traditional "wrestler gets on the mic and hypes himself, making himself sound better than whoever the hell' every time ... \

if a writer can create a mood without having the character speak ... then why have him/her speak?

syco13
Old 06 Jul 2004, 07:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

I like that style of promoing best myself, but I don't think thats how the writers want this one to work. Maybe we should vote on it but I'm happy either way, whether it be "get in the ring and say something" or "Be in a situation no camera could ever capture".
Old 06 Jul 2004, 07:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Cooledge
E-fed's work solely on the principle of promoing. It's the only way to advance or not advance in storylines on the weekly shows. Unfortunently, yes you will have to speak. But there are different kinds of speakers, you don't have to be a HHH type promoer or anything.

Try a few styles out and see what works, just consider your character a work in progress at all times, advice we can all live by.
**claps** that's why one day this guy could possibly run this fed.
Old 06 Jul 2004, 07:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

*bows*
Old 06 Jul 2004, 07:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
-X-

i look at things in a very different way from the average person, i like to stray from the norm.. if its not going to be accepted here then F-it...

syco13