ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What do you think of David Otunga?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Nov 2010, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Anti-Christ of Wrestling is on a distinguished road
Default What do you think of David Otunga?

I didn't see much in the guy when he debuted, but he is growing on me. He seems to be improving on the mic every single week. I think he will be a future main eventer, if WWE doesn't drop the ball with him. What are your thoughts?
The Anti-Christ of Wrestling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Evenflow DDT - The Raven Effect is on a distinguished road

dont hate him. He needs a lot of work but im willing to give him time
Evenflow DDT - The Raven Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Michael Reiser is on a distinguished road

His got a great look but that is were the good ends. He can't wrestle and I know guys can get better but he doesn't even know how to run the ropes. Then when it comes time to cut a promo he sounds like a robot or if his reading from cue cards that have been written by a 5 year old. With that said I think he is a waste of space and should use his college degrees to make a living and leave wrestling far behind him.
Michael Reiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 04:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mo Beta is on a distinguished road

He's gonna turn on Barrett Sunday I can see it
Mo Beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Coitsta is on a distinguished road

He's allright. Will improve more as time goes on. Will be the one to break up Nexus.
Coitsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

MVP is Better Than U is on a distinguished road

His A List Talents are being in the Nexus
MVP is Better Than U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mark Jones is on a distinguished road

As for as promo skills, he's always been pretty good and has only gotten better. He's playing the strirring the pot character well, which could actually lead to a potential feud with Barrett.

As for his in-ring skills goes, he's still very green in my eyes, and for a guy who looks like he does, his power moves look awfully weak. And he doesn't look to be that aggressive. For someone who looks like Otunga and is a heel, you'd expect a violent big man, who's power moves look really hard-hitting. However I do think he has a ton of potential to be a future main eventer, where I think right now the only other superstar in Nexus who I can see Main Eventing in the near future is Michael McGuillicutty (but he needs to bring back the Joe Henning name), but tbh I think he is being held back by being in Nexus.
Mark Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Noob

H. Poirot is on a distinguished road

I have to say, he is not my favorite Nexus member, and the A-list thing in no way disposes me to trust that he got to this level on his merits alone, but I think it is a heel angle that could work if they do work with him.

He has not shown a lot of skill in wrestling, however, at this point, all they have shown of any nexus member on the Raw or smackdown shows have been their finisher and one or two basic attacks. I am getting a little sic of the running kick to the head that seems to be this years over used attack of choice for many wrestlers. Hopefully, if given the chance, the nexus brood will at least adopt 7 moves of doom. I trust that fans attention spans have not gotten so bad as to not need at least that.

But for now, with so many new guys to highlight, there is only so much chance for the newboys to make their skills known. Look at Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase. You could have called their skill into question when they were in Legacy, and did little more than hold guys for Orton and stomp them in the corner, but now that they are more established, we are seeing a lot more from them every week.

Only time will tell, and I feel everyone deserves a chance, if they are willing to work for it.
H. Poirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 05:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Shelley is on a distinguished road

David has great mic skills and the look; however, his technical skills are lacking. That being said, I do believe though that he has enough skills to beat Wade Barrett (one on one). The Nexus script has been building up the tension between Barrett and Otunga for weeks now, and it will probably come to a head on RAW after Survivor Series. My take: Barrett will defeat Orton on Sunday at S.S., then on Monday (almost as payback) the Anonymous G.M. will have Barrett take on Otunga in a Title Match (with no interference from Nexus)... Otunga will win, taking the title belt away from Barrett less than 24 hours after winning it (just as Wade did to him with the Tag Team Title). Barrett's defeat will spell the end of the Nexus when members become disillusioned by their fearless leader's lost to Otunga. David will go on to lose the belt in his first title defense (to Cena, Orton, Edge, Sheamus or The Miz will pin him) then leave the WWE as a wrestler because black-eyes are not becoming on the Hollywood Red Carpet! However, I would not be at all surprised though if he popped up as either the new RAW GM or working in WWE corporate as an attorney or some other capacity. This scenario would make everyone happy including Otunga's wife!
Shelley is offline   Reply With Quote