ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Nervous about wrestling matches?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Nov 2010, 02:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Skatey is on a distinguished road
Default Nervous about wrestling matches?

im on my schools wrestling team this is gonna be my 1st time wrestling.

im on varsity and i weigh about 132lbs

we are gonna be training for about 2 weeks then comes the matches.

i am really nervous about the matches. i feel im going to forget everything i learned when i get out there. someone told me not to go out there. thinking there gonna win. or they are

what do i do?!?

im really nervous. i dont want to be embarrased infront of everyone because i lost have people laugh at me
Skatey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2010, 02:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

I Caught CM Punk Drinking A Beer is on a distinguished road

idk i would be more nervous about the guy behind me getting a stiffy or something
I Caught CM Punk Drinking A Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2010, 02:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
kin
Fresh Noob

kin is on a distinguished road

First thing, no one is going to laugh at you. Even if u get pined 13 sec. They will think that other wrestler is just realy good and would take state. Second, wrestling is about movement not memory( if some one takes a shot on you u move a back aka spraw). It ok to be nervous you learn to cope and feed off of your nervs. Third, going into a mach saying your going to lose or win depends on the person, its a personal thing. I use to always go into a mach saying I was going to lose but always ended up winning, when I when to state is told me self I can win and I can do this. And end up winning. What I tell my team for thoes 3 rounds it you and the other guy and no one els matters besides u knowing what your next movement is
kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2010, 02:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

tony is on a distinguished road

Dont be nervous. And sorry to be a downer. But you cant be on varsity and have never wrestled a match. I am a freshman and Have wrestled lots of matches on Junior Varisty and have a 32-3 record.

Trust me people do not laugh at you when you lose or think you are pathetic. Everyone loses and losing is the key to becoming great. I lost my first match. It's no big deal. You won't forget anything and you opponent will respect you. Just go out there and have fun. It is normal to be nervous before a wrestling match. Even if you are the number one guy in the state and you are wrestling the worst.

You wont be embarresed everyone loses sooner or later. I wasn't embarresed at any of my losses. No one thinks any less of you trust me. No one laughs or thinks you suck either, there has to be a winner and a loser to every match. It doesnt mean anything. Just go out there and try your hardest and you have nothing to be ashamed of even if you lose
tony is offline   Reply With Quote