ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What are your thoughts on WWE planning to release a Best of WCW Nirto DVD?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Nov 2010, 08:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

The Bad Guy Razor Ramon is on a distinguished road
Default What are your thoughts on WWE planning to release a Best of WCW Nirto DVD?

WWE is planning a Best of WCW Nitro DVD set for 2011. WWEDVDNews actually reports that WWE is planning to do a Best of WCW Nitro, Seasons 1 2 set with more to be released in the future.
The Bad Guy Razor Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Stingette (death to all trolls) is on a distinguished road

NICE

too sweeeeeeeet
Stingette (death to all trolls) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 08:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Clark W-Shephard LOST is on a distinguished road

I think it'll be cool. I would suspect that they'll include a lot of insight into the DVD's about how the WWF was superior to them (regardless of whether or not that was actually true), much like they did with the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD.

That being said, I'm looking forward to it if it does come together. I liked WCW a lot and a best of compilation would be a neat way of looking back at the company. However, I'm not sure how deep it will be considering it is almost a certain guarantee that Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Eric Bischoff, Ric Flair and a host of other major WCW names won't be on the DVD, because most of them are currently employed by TNA or have a running and lasting grudge with Vince. That's the only real downside I can think of.

But overall ya, I would buy it for sure.
Clark W-Shephard LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 09:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Rassling Fundamentals is on a distinguished road

It better be better than that poor excuse that they called the Best of Starrcade. I need me some Blitzkreig matches
Rassling Fundamentals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 09:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

mason is on a distinguished road

hell yeah early nitro was almost better than raw talent wise.
mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 09:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Jamie Lee is on a distinguished road

that would be the shit scott hall 4 life NWO
Jamie Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 09:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

that'd be pretty cool

I don't know about breaking it down with a season 1 2 as Nitro lasted less than 6 years from Labor Day 95 to Memorial Day 2001 and the nWo was spawned Summer of 96

and you also have to consider It wasn't really competitive for the last year and a half either
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 09:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Young Noob

My Apex Champ! *Viperette* is on a distinguished road

Sounds awesome.
My Apex Champ! *Viperette* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 09:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Ace Dagger is on a distinguished road

Knowing WWE they will not include many memorable moments, or not enough memorable moments, and if they do show anything memorable it will be split into small clips only to WWE's liking. Since WWE owns wrestling history now they can twist history into their favor and also not acknowledge things they don't feel like acknowledging
Ace Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 09:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Young Noob

Richard C is on a distinguished road

These things seem to get hyped up...and then end up putting Vince over. I was disappointed with the WCCW and AWA DVD's I would expect more of the same with this series.
Richard C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2010, 09:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

It SOUNDS interesting, seeing a best of compilation of the promotion that stomped the WWF in the ratings for two years straight, but one thing will keep this...series of DVDs...from being as good as it should be: Vince McMahon.

Vince is producing this series of DVDs. He had nothing to do with producing Nitro and those who DID (Bischoff, Hogan, Nash, Russo, etc) will have absolutely no say whatsoever in what gets included on these DVDs, or have any say in what comments are included in them. This, like all WWF/E DVDs, is produced by Vince McMahon, and will be VINCE'S version of what WCW (and Nitro) was. It should be interesting despite Vince all over it, but it will definitely and obviously favor the WWF wherever it can.

A better, and infinitely more fair, thing would be to release unedited, uncensored, and un-altered complete episodes of Nitro, with nothing else added, as DVD sets, two or three months per set. This way there is no Vince-bias, or Vince's revisionist history, clouding things and misdirecting the viewers.

Here's an idea. Every so often Vince could release a DVD set of unedited, uncensored, and un-altered episodes of both Nitro and RAW, containing all episodes of those two shows (and nothing new added) for a certain time-frame, say two months of shows in each set. This way the viewers would see the shows as they originally aired, with no Vince-bias or Vince's revisionist history. We would get to see the highlights and the steaming piles both companies produced during this time, and fans can make up their own minds without Vince's heavy-handed pro-Vince slant on things.

I'll most likely buy the Best Of Nitro sets, but I'd much rather see whole shows unedited and uncensored with nothing new added.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote