ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why is TNA so Overflooded with Hulk Hogan and his WCW goons?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Oct 2010, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Night Rider is on a distinguished road
Default Why is TNA so Overflooded with Hulk Hogan and his WCW goons?

Please give me an answer, why does TNA have alot of former WCW/WWE/ECW Supertstars

Can they even produce their own superstars?

Or is it that Hogan still thinks it is the 80's where he still brags about body slamming Andre.

Give me a answer quick.

* Why did they get Jeff Hardy to be a world champion, he ain't no champion.

* Hogan on crutches still blabbing around like it is still the 1980's

* Kev and Sting Gone which is the smartest thing to think about this current dierection of TNA which will end up in the toilet by then end of the year.
Night Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

EDGE-HD is on a distinguished road

Ha! i dont think they have a developemental territory i personally think they want to FAIL!
EDGE-HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 11:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

daniel is on a distinguished road

TNA is made up of former WWE superstars.
daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Donald is on a distinguished road

Because the writers are formerly from WCW. They figure to keep trying the same lame old ideas until they finally work, which is sad....they have Samoa Joe, A.J., the Pope but, yet, have no idea how to market or use them. Instead they keep relying on over-the-hill, past-their-prime Superstars who should have retired long ago. If the writers can't figure out a way to use the young talents they have, then they need to get new writers and put these guys out to pasture.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 11:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Shooting STELLAR Press (MISAWA) is on a distinguished road

Because they want to make fast money. Building up stars takes months and in many cases years, as well as a lot of finesse and string-pulling so instead of doing that they feel they must sign all the established stars they can get. Although yeah since the highest they've got in all the 8 years they've been in business is something in the neighborhood of a 1.5-1.7 in the ratings game they are obviously missing a very important point; apparently simply getting superstars either isn't the only way to go or is not the way to go period.

Anyway Nash, Pac, Hall and most of the WCW guys have gone so you have little to worry about.

To answer your other points:

* Like him or not Hardy is a bona fide champion. I'm not a huge fan of him but I recognize that for the past couple of years before he returned to TNA, he was one of WWE's biggest draws, and was definitely up there with Cena, Edge, Orton, Triple H et al.

* Hogan is an arrogant prick who thinks he knows what is best for wrestling simply because he is Hulk Hogan. I respect what he's done for the business but I am royally pissed that all he cares about is looks, as if that's all that it takes to make a good, solid promotion. What a philistine.

* I disagree completely; there are promotions who are more obscure, have no superstars whatsoever and operate on a far smaller budget than TNA or WWE and yet have been around for years and years and years. You can belittle TNA all you want but to call it some flop joke promotion like WSX or GLOW or WOW is totally misguided. They mean business and unless they make horrible business decisions like, IDK, keeping a roster of 200 talents at one time, they are not folding any time soon.
Shooting STELLAR Press (MISAWA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

Richmond Faithfull is on a distinguished road

.... They draw more ratings then TNA's home grown talent.
Richmond Faithfull is offline   Reply With Quote