ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

If WWE Unifies The Heavyweight Championships Will You Be....?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Oct 2010, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

I Came To Play! is on a distinguished road
Default If WWE Unifies The Heavyweight Championships Will You Be....?

A. Happy

B. Pissed

or

C. You wouldn't give a flying f*ck?

I personally would be pissed..WWE has completely disrespected the tag team and women's championships by making these hip and now blingage championships..i really don't want them to get rid of the prestigious World Heavyweight Championship..it's been around forever! And i heard they were going to make a silver WWE championship! it's just retarded! answer the question..give detail to support your thoughts..Thanks Mizfits!
I Came To Play! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Daniel Watts is on a distinguished road

They should unify the titles making one champ but keep the World Heavyweight Championship belt. Get rid of split brand rosters and bring every body back together, bring the prestige back to these titles.
Daniel Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

-??. G?O?- -T7 Icons- is on a distinguished road

B. Pissed

I'd go crazy! I hated how they got rid of the historic tag team belts and replaced them with these hideous bronze quarters! It's so lame! And i hated how they got rid of the historic women's belt and made that stupid silver one! WWE is just messing up brutally..i've heard the rumors about this whole situation and i really don't like it..not one bit..i think WWE should keep both titles and stay the way it is for now..i'd be really mad if they unified the US and IC titles also! I love the Intercontinental title and i have ever since i was a kid..WWE has got to stop unifying titles..they really need to look at Y!A on the wrestling section to see what the fans really like and want to see..then their programming would be more successful and PPV buyrates would go up again..
-??. G?O?- -T7 Icons- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 12:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Pook S? Has Returned is on a distinguished road

B. Pissed

If they unify the world titles, then SD is no more and there would be alot of the same matches.
Pook S? Has Returned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Ryder Johnson is on a distinguished road

B. Pissed we all know why
Ryder Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Shan?? is on a distinguished road

I'm going to get a lot of thumbs down, mostly because I'm disagreeing with everyone that has answered before me, but I would be happy, as long as it was booked right.

For a kick off, the WWE Championship should be kept in place. They messed up the Women's Division even more by getting rid of the prestigious title and replacing it with the stupid Butterfly one. The WWE Championship is the most prestigious title in pro wrestling today and if they discontinued it for the WCW Heavyweight Championship, I'd be pissed.

Also, they should totally redesign the belt. I'd like the Undisputed Championship look to come back and I remember hearing rumors that Randy Orton wanted that particular belt back too. The spinner belt that doesn't even spin anymore just looks ridiculous these days. It was fine when they first brought it in when Cena won it in 2005, but the novelty has worn off and it looks like a kid's toy now.

Finally, the idea that the title will be defended on both brands appeals very much to me. It is a throwback to the old days when the WWE Championship was more prestigious, purely because guys from both brands could compete for it. It opens up many possible feuds and we could see things like CM Punk and Edge feuding over it, Kane and Orton feuding over it or whatever they wanted to do. It would bring that much needed prestige back to it.
Shan?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

R patrick is on a distinguished road

If it happened soon, I would be pissed because then there would be too many main event guys on the roster and a lot of them would just get lost in the shuffle. I mean, take a look at the list of main event and potential main event guys.

CM Punk

John Cena

John Morrison

The Miz

Sheamus

Randy Orton

Triple H

Wade Barrett

Alberto Del Rio

The Big Show

Christian

Drew McIntyre

Edge

Jack Swagger

Kane

Rey Mysterio

The Undertaker

And they're not even using all of them in the main event. Such as Punk, Swagger, Christian, Big Show, Miz, McIntyre Del Rio.

Now if it happened in 5 years, I would have no problem with the one brand because they'll be a lot of retirements by then. Such as:

Triple H

The Big Show

Christian

Edge

Kane

Rey Mysterio

The Undertaker

So there's 7 guys who will most likely be done of wrestling by then. 6 guaranteed, assuming Christian will still be there. Then that leaves you with:

CM Punk

John Cena

John Morrison

The Miz

Randy Orton

Wade Barrett

Alberto Del Rio

Sheamus

Drew McIntyre

Jack Swagger

And even with those 10 guys, you can still have the brands separate. But of there was one brand 5 years from now, I would have no problem with that, but as of now, keep them separate so people don't get lost in the shuffle.
R patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 12:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

They need to redesign the titles if anything. They had the same IC design for 12 years now and the US title is too ugly. I say make more belts. More belts = more happy wrestlers and more merchandise to sell for WWE
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote