ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What's with Jersey Shore and professional wrestling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2010, 03:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

m is on a distinguished road
Default What's with Jersey Shore and professional wrestling?

First WWE did it to Zach Ryder with the loud mout from long island.

Now we got the Situation version 2.0 in Robbie E and Snooki (aka Cookie) what the hell is going on to the wrestling business?
  m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2010, 03:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Trung Bui is on a distinguished road

I watch TNA Wrestling too and I am wondering the same thing. I think it might be because JWoww is a fan of TNA Wrestling and Robbie E and Cookie are fans of Jersey Shore.
Trung Bui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2010, 03:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

kevin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to kevin

they're doing this because jersey shore is over with many fans so they wanna add that to wrestling and see if it works and quite fankly the wrestling characters suck
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2010, 03:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

Ryder has been the Long Island D Bag since before Jersey Shore became the (inexplicable) pop culture juggernaut (if not before the show itself debuted)

as to Shore in TNA.. its meta marketing at its worst... both Spike and MTV which run Impact and Jersey Shore respectively are owned by the same parent company by creating the 'parody' they are able to promote JS on Impact, and because JS is a 'reality show' its stars are the focus of TMZ and other Tabloids (both in print and on air) thus Impact gets coverage by that media as well it becomes free publicity for one, and corporate synergy for the other
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote