ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Regardless of how 'talentless' these guys were (inside), can anyone deny the success of

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Oct 2010, 02:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Clown Prince of Crime is on a distinguished road
Default Regardless of how 'talentless' these guys were (inside), can anyone deny the success of

their wrestling career? 1. Batista

2. Kevin Nash

3. Sid

4. Goldberg

5. Big Show

6. Ultimate Warrior

7. Hulk Hogan

8. JBL

9. Yokozuna

10. John Cena

Tell why for each.
The Clown Prince of Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2010, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

ireallyhateyou is on a distinguished road

1 yes

2 no

3 yes

4 yes

5 not sure

6 hell yes

7 no

8 no

9 yes

10 hell yes

yes means they are worthless

hell yes means they are totally worthless

no means they are not

not sure means i am not sure at this time
ireallyhateyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2010, 02:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

It_s A Jersey Thing is on a distinguished road

Why are you such a prick, against every wrestler except The Undertaker, these guys had/s talent they just worked for a stupid company.
It_s A Jersey Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2010, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Craig is on a distinguished road

1.batista was good for wwe because of his size and attitude

2.kevin nash was okay

3.sidwho is he

4.goldberg was great back in his time

5.big show i think fuck him up when they made rey ,mystero beat him

6.ultimate warrior was just to fake

7.hulk hogan is the greatest pro wrestler of all time

8.jbl was okay

9.yokozuna i do not know him

10.john cena the worst no talent piece of shit ever in the wwe

i really don't understand why wwe tried to make cena a superstar
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2010, 02:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Chicago Knight is on a distinguished road

Neither Sid,Yoko or Hogan were talentless.They just lacked the necessary wrestling skill needed to be considered wrestlers.However,in the world of Entertainment,they had the most talent of all.In the world of entertainment,very little,if any,wrestling skill is required.As for their wrestling career,technically,they didn't have one.They were never pro wrestlers (except Yoko,who was a sumo).They spent their adult lives as entertainers and did a great job of it.If WWE was acknowledged by Hollywood as a tv series,the entertainers on your list would have won several Emmy Awards.
Chicago Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2010, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The showstopper is here is on a distinguished road

Clown prince of crime, you are still around? I haven't been coming to this group for a while and I thougt you must have retired by now.

Anyway, your questions are as crappy as it has ever to been.
The showstopper is here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2010, 02:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

janan janan is on a distinguished road

1. Batista Y

2. Kevin Nash N

3. Sid N

4. Goldberg Y

5. Big Show Y
janan janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2010, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Clark W-Shephard LOST is on a distinguished road

Let's be clear, none of the guys listed above were (or are) talentless. They were just skilled in different areas. For example, on the other side of the coin you could argue that Chris Benoit, The Dynamite Kid and Ken Shamrock were all talentless as well. Sure, they were all superb inside the ring, but put any one of them in front of the microphone (unlike most of the guys you provided) and they would often come across as rigid and bland, to say the least.

1) Batista: Batista was wildly successful in the WWE, the problem was that the company sort of passed him by a little bit. Like he mentioned in a recent interview, his character wasn't really conducive to the PG Era of the WWE. If you wind the clock back four or five years, during the so-called Ruthless Aggression Era, then he's a perfect fit, and a superstar face or heel. However, he got over on gimmick alone and in a WWE where that gimmick doesn't really fit anymore, it became hard for him.

2) Kevin Nash: Nash's legacy is hard to determine. I think it's painfully clear that he wasn't anything special in the ring, but he was a great talker. His real talent however, came in backstage politics. When he was on top of the WWE (a spot he reached because of his look and size), the company's popularity was plunging. However, he was a key part of the nWo and WCW's glory days, so I suppose he should have some credit.

3) Sid: I don't really know enough about Sid to comment in depth. I know that like Nash, he was at his peak when the wrestling business was on a bit of a decline, and that he was pushed because of his look and size.

4) Goldberg: There's no doubt that at his pinnacle, Bill Goldberg was the biggest star in the wrestling world, outside of Steve Austin. He was simple inside the ring, but he got the job done, and he worked well with the talent he had. He was a classic power brawler, and there's nothing wrong with that. Yes, he was far too stiff and yes, he relied solely on gimmick and power, but like I said, it worked brilliantly for him. At his peak, he was huge.

5) Big Show: I don't really understand why he's on this list. To me, The Big Show is a fine wrestler. Sure, he's older now, but he's still a very complete package. Inside the ring and out, he's very reliable performer. Of the countless giants that Vince has trotted out over the years since Andre, The Big Show is the closest thing to Andre he's ever had. He's been a huge part of the WWE (and WCW) for years now.

6) Ultimate Warrior: I'm not a fan of his, and he had zero wrestling ability (zero!) but hey, the guy was extremely over, no one can deny that. He had The Look, he had the energy and he had the ability to really pump up the fans. Sure, his ring work was garbage, but it didn't really matter. He had real drawing power and when Hogan began to fade, he was the next superstar in waiting.

7) Hulk Hogan: Hogan was far from talentless. Like a lot of guys, he wasn't a technical genius in the ring, but perhaps better than anyone in wrestling history, he knew (and knows) how to work the crowd, and he knows how to draw. I don't think anyone would argue that Hogan is the most well known and overall successful wrestler of all time, and that means he clearly did something right. The guy had boundless charisma, which more than made up for his average ring skills.

8) JBL: Again, like Big Show, he shouldn't be on this list. JBL was a fantastic, FANTASTIC, villain right up until the day he retired. In modern WWE terms, I think he's one of the best heels we've seen. Easily one of the top ten talkers in wrestling history, and he had the uncanny ability to piss off the crowd. He was so loud and played his character so well, he was like a real-life Fog Horn Leghorn. I always loved watching JBL, and today, I'd love to see a JBL vs. Alberto Del Rio promo. That would be hilarious.

9) Yokozuna: Like Sid, I didn't get to see Yokozuna's glory days, but I'll try to comment based on what I've read about him. I've heard that he was an athletic man for his size who simply couldn't control his weight problems. According to Bret Hart's book though, he was a solid wrestler

10) John Cena: More than anyone, Cena should not be on this list. The only people that call him talentless are the smarks who are simply jealous of him or aren't happy with anyone the WWE decides to push, and I don't pay attention to those people. Cena is the complete package, and you're kidding yourself if you think that any promotion in the world wouldn't kill to get their hands on him. He can talk better than just about anyone, he CAN wrestle and he can tell a great story.

The fact is, all of the above guys were successful for their charisma and ability to connect with the crowd, not because of their wrestling skills. When you look through history, those are the types of superstars who tend to make it the farthest in wrestling, not always the Benoit's and the Dynamite's of the world.
Clark W-Shephard LOST is offline   Reply With Quote