ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why do you not like John Cena?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Oct 2010, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Legend Thriller is on a distinguished road
Default Why do you not like John Cena?

Not trying to stick up for him at all, I do like Cena, yes he is a bad wrestler, his mic skills aren't great but when I first started watching WWE in 2006 (I was 11) I really liked Cena, he was my favourite, I'm 15 now and understand wrestling a lot more, but I still like Cena, probably because he was the wrestler I took to the first time I ever watched.
The Legend Thriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Victoria is on a distinguished road

I like him
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

babygurl is on a distinguished road

dont care about all that and i still heart him
babygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Michael is on a distinguished road

i don't really like him because hes to full of himself, he thinks hes all muscular and strong
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 07:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Number 1 Peep is on a distinguished road

Lol... Cena can wrestle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAJdjeV3ZuA and he definatly has mic skills
Number 1 Peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 07:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

OvertheEDGE is on a distinguished road

Because WWE puts all the praise on him instead of the veterans.
OvertheEDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 07:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Lamarr is on a distinguished road

You started watching in 2006. Damn you missed HEEL Cena.

He was at his best then. Most people hate his gimmick now!

Basic thugonomics Cena is what made him.

Cena 2002,2003,2004 before his face turn
Lamarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 08:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

**ShootingStar** is on a distinguished road

I don't like him because of the story-lines given. The same thing happens over and over again. He wins the championship and becomes a hero. He loses it the next and tries to gain it again. He's not a bad guy but the wrestler is appalling. There are many wrestlers who do this but I loved John way back to 2003 and 2004
**ShootingStar** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 08:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

??dns u????s is on a distinguished road

Just look at Number 1 Peep's opinion, to me and every other fans who have brains, Cena can actually wrestle pretty good and his mic skills are not that bad after all.

On the other hand, haters have to hate, and they hate Cena for nonsensical reasons (five moves, The Rock wannabe, etc.) even when he is a still a good guy in anywhere.
??dns u????s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 08:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Den
Fresh Noob

Den is on a distinguished road

I've watched wrestling since about 1997 and the icons for me were Stone Cold, Mick Foley and The Rock. These people were genuinely interesting to watch and were completely original. Cena's character seems to be some wannabe gangster and its just pathetic. He just seems like the American version of Ali G. The people who don't like him are the people who, like me, have watched wrestling for many years and just don't like the way that Cena gets rammed down our throats in a desperate attempt for us to like him. His character isn't interesting, we can't relate to him and he does the same boring moves every week. A good match i suggest you watch is RVD vs Cena at One Night Stand '06. This match was at a time when Cena had just got to the height of his popularity in the WWE and it was great to see that the ECW fans letting Cena know how some of us veteran fans feel towards him.

www.youtube.com
Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 08:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Matthew is on a distinguished road

2004 cena was the best with his basic thuganomics gimmick now in 2010 not so much
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 08:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Young Noob

Brian F is on a distinguished road

The one reason so many people hate Cena is not because he can't Wrestler, it is because of his gimmick. (or lack thereof) And odds are, its NOT Cena's fault.

One he that his gimmick is stale. John Cena has been this superman baby face since late 04 after winning the United States Championship for a Face turn.

Secondly,. tieing back to the first. he has been the same for 5 to 6 years depending who you ask. A lot of the kids that were his fans back in 04 grew up. With that they looked at the gimmick in hindsight and saw as generic it was.

Thirdly, tieing back to his superman gimmick. he has been the single driving force for wwe for years. The main event for as long as a large crop of the younger fans can remember was John Cena as or soon becoming the WWE champion.

The Rock and Stone Both changed gimmicks or at least face/heel orientation every few years. Something new to watch, new storylines to follow and new stars to mix into the main event.

No one man gives back to the WWE like Cena does, outside the McMahon family. love or Hate him, you are an idiot to not respect his dedication
Brian F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 08:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

?S???? is on a distinguished road

Too overrated I guess. I don't dislike him or anything I just prefer Rey Mysterio lol.
?S???? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 08:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The anime man is on a distinguished road

I normally do like Cena, I don't think he's a bad wrestler just repetitive and most of the time when he's on the mic (Especially doing the battle raps) or talking trash he's on par with Rock,Y2J Stone Cold the rest of the time he sucks, however as to why I don't like Cena it's because while he says that he's Never given up and never will the truth is that

Cena has given up, he has surrendered

because if he really did care about the WWE universe why not quit or get fired then do like Hulk Hogan did by returning as Mr.America or The Miz as The Calgary Kid for the Contract on Pole match and after he destroys Nexus and they are history reveal himself taking off his mask.
The anime man is offline   Reply With Quote