ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Would've the Edge/Orton feud earlier this year been epic if it wasn't for Orton's injury?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2010, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

.me. is on a distinguished road
Default Would've the Edge/Orton feud earlier this year been epic if it wasn't for Orton's injury?

the feud suddenly died, i think it could have saved from that boring cena/batista angle, which in my opinion, one-sided, i was hoping for batista to win for at least one pay-per-view..but anyway, randy injured his shoulder and was sidelined, and the pay-per-views that followed sucked, with the exception of the MITB of smackdown...but i think that feud becamse stale..but what if randy wasn't injured, would be an epic feud?

i think so, edge is just one of heels of all time, probably one of the top wrestlers of all time..well orton, with his cold character..i think it could have been a better feud...and those promos were great..
.me. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2010, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Alex Jones is on a distinguished road

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like edge just hasn't been the same since he came back from his Achilles Heel injury.

but if edge was healthy and so was orton, i think their rivalry could have gone farther and been much better.
Alex Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2010, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

gary is on a distinguished road

Yes because it could have lead up to the perfect WWE title match between these two.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2010, 11:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Rated {~R~} Legend is on a distinguished road

it definitely would have gone longer and have been huge, epic as you said. seeing as Edge is my favorite wrestler and orton is close to the top it would have been my favorite feud of all time and the two different, yet identical, characters would have clashed so well to create a one of a kind feud. i had been begging for the rivalry for years but it never happened really happened, they have had the odd match here and there for the IC title in the early stages and a few in recent years, but never a major feud

but thanks to either terrible writing from the staff, or Orton's injury, the feud just stopped, unfortunately. but i still have high hopes i will get to see a great feud between the two soon, maybe in a few years, but i hope we get to see it before Edge retired because these two can put on a rivalry that could rival The Rock vs Stone Cold if given the chance

But as stated above, Edge hasn't been the same since his Ankle injury, maybe he has been playing it safe due to fear of re injuring, or maybe he came back too early and it isn't fully healed and won't heal until he takes time off. but in the past few weeks, he has improved, mainly since returning to SmackDown, so maybe the ankle is fine and he is regaining confidence in not re injuring, either way Edge is going to be dominating SD! and Orton will dominate RAW for many years
The Rated {~R~} Legend is offline   Reply With Quote