ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

ECW Video Rights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Dec 2002, 05:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
One Step Closer

Renegade is on a distinguished road
Default ECW Video Rights?

What was all this I recently read about WWE wanting to buy all the ECW video rights? I take it fell through? good job if so because you know Vince would buy the rights & then stop the sale of ECW stuff just like he did with wCw. The only wCw video/DVD you can buy over here now is the 'Best Of wCw' which is a WWE production, since WWE bought them out all wCw PPVs have gone from the shelves. Do any of you guys know if WWE is gonna' release any wCw PPVs in the future?

BLOODICE/Dark Angels Man
Matthew Bellamy
Silver Fang
Da Blue Guy/The Messiah
Whole Fn' Kid
WhiteWolf

Thanks to WhiteWolf for the Banner
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2002, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

nope wcw video won't be released anytime in the future thanks to that asshole

i'd like saddam hussien his ass *SORRY* but it's how I feel

ecw didn't sell the rights to video relese to vince becasue they went bankrupt so vince was unable to buy it

THANK FUCKING GOD!!!!!!
Old 16 Dec 2002, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
One Step Closer

Yeah, I suppose we should be greatfull for some small marcys. I think its so wrong that WWE has all this wCw footage & wont release it. They would after all be making the money so whats the problem? Ah yes, we are back to Mr. McMahons damn ego again. Does he still feel threatened by wCw even though it doesnt exist? A very sad situation because theres so much wCw that I never had chance to see & would love to be able to now if I had the chance, one day perhaps?

BLOODICE/Dark Angels Man
Matthew Bellamy
Silver Fang
Da Blue Guy/The Messiah
Whole Fn' Kid
WhiteWolf

Old 16 Dec 2002, 10:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

again this will sound wrong but after over 18 years as a wrestlnig fan i'm fucking disgusted

shoot that fucking bastard or have him on his death bed and come back to life and see what a mistake he's making

maybe with his life hanging by a thread that is the only way he'll see how wrong he is
Old 16 Dec 2002, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
One Step Closer

I agree with you mate, I cant stand the twat either. It bloody grates on me that WWF(E) is the only promotion left from the big 3. Like Ive said before I was a big fan of WWF a couple of years ago & enjoyed watching all 3 promotions compete with each other but those days are long gone & wrestling in general as suffered because of wCw & ECW going under.

BLOODICE/Dark Angels Man
Matthew Bellamy
Silver Fang
Da Blue Guy/The Messiah
Whole Fn' Kid
WhiteWolf

Old 16 Dec 2002, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

i was never into the comp.

i was just happy to see wrestling

i mean i get lucha, nwa and wwe and some puroresu

but it's not the same

vince is what it would be like to have someone own every pro baseball team

having a monoply is bad for the fans no matter how you look at it

that is why the ratings suck

it's the same old thing, same feuds, same angles

fans want the suspense of wondering who will end up where and why

that's all gone now....thanks to that power hungry bastard
Old 16 Dec 2002, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

You stupid Vince haters need to wake the fuck up. VINCE MADE THIS BUISNESS. Ever since WCW was bought from Crockett, all WCW tried doing was duplicating the WWF. From the early '90's they tried to rip off Vince's cartoonish characters and cheesy gimmicks (Shockmaster, Zodiac) and the late '90's they tried ripping off crash TV from Vince. WCW was nothing more than a huge wannabe organization from 1988-2001. The only thing it had going for it was crusierweights, that's it. Also, Vince had fuckin' nothing to do with ECW closing. ECW failed because Paul Heyman didn't know how to manage money. It's that simple. WWF and ECW remained close for many years. They worked together on an angle in 1997, and WWF was always willing to lend ECW talent, like Tazz in 2000. Vince didn't buy ECW, and hating on him for that is just plain retarded. By the way, if it wasn't for Vince, none of us would be here right now talking about wrestling. You think about that.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2002, 07:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

lmfao you're one of those wwe marks who doesn't have a fucking clue

the nwa was around LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG before the wwe was a thought

vince is so fucking brilliant that he doesn't know how to run a cruiserweight division, got rid of one of the most important titles in wwe history, uses old wcw angles and can't do that right, his buyrates are lower then shit, funny how nwa ppv buyrates week in and week out double a raw or smackdown rating

there's a fucking pool out there of indy talent, but vince does't know what the fuck that is, and only cuts his developmental talent

here he could have guys like aj styles, christopher daniels, low ki, and he settles for fucking josh matthews, christopher nowinski and funaki

you're a fucking genius
Old 16 Dec 2002, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
Originally posted by Gothic_SexSlave
lmfao you're one of those wwe marks who doesn't have a fucking clue

the nwa was around LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG before the wwe was a thought

vince is so fucking brilliant that he doesn't know how to run a cruiserweight division, got rid of one of the most important titles in wwe history, uses old wcw angles and can't do that right, his buyrates are lower then shit, funny how nwa ppv buyrates week in and week out double a raw or smackdown rating

there's a fucking pool out there of indy talent, but vince does't know what the fuck that is, and only cuts his developmental talent

here he could have guys like aj styles, christopher daniels, low ki, and he settles for fucking josh matthews, christopher nowinski and funaki

you're a fucking genius

NWA was around longer. I never said that the WWE was the first ever promotion, junior. What I meant was that Vince took a small Eastern wrestling company and made it a global phenomenon. Can you do that? Can Rob Black do that? Furthermore, Vince also defeated the federal government and whooped Ted Turner's ass in the cable TV game. Even there, he managed to make stars out of Stunning Steve Austin, Mick Foley and Jean-Paul Levesque. Men that the WCW didn't do shit with.

The IC title was eliminated because the WWE is in a transitional phase. They're experimenting with new ideas, and attempting to make the RAW and Smackdown world belts mean more. The IC tilte may return some day, so stop bitching about that.

What the fuck is wrong with his cruiserweight division? He's doing all he can with what he has.

If you're referring to the nWo with the "old WCW angles", the nWo failed because HALL AND NASH FUCKED IT UP. Nash can't go a week without getting an injury, and Hall is a fucking drunk 4-LIFE. Vince tried, but the nWo is in the past.

Furthermore, NWA TNA draws absolutely SHIT in terms of live audience. I've downloaded their matches, and how many people do I see in the crowd? 100? 150? Fuckin' pathetic for a company that's supposed to be better than the WWE. And what's all this bullshit about buyrates? More people pay 10 bucks a week then watch it on free TV? Prove this shit, please.

You're just a bitter, fuckin' sad indy smark who thinks he knows more than Vince at wrestling. You've only been a fan for 20 years. Vince has been RESHAPING THE INDUSTRY for 20 years. There's a difference.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 17 Dec 2002, 10:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
One Step Closer

It still sucks that theres just WWE & thats it. I know you probably wont give a shit but when all 3 were going us over here in England had alot more wrestling on TV, now its just WWE, theres no damn alternative & that aint good for wrestling. WWE as got just so bloody repetitive over the last year or so & Vince dosent seem to know what to do anymore. The brand split didnt help & binning loads of belts aint doing anything. And your suggestion that wCw copied WWF well whatever? but WWF got the Attitude change when it realised ECW was coming through.

BLOODICE/Dark Angels Man
Matthew Bellamy
Silver Fang
Da Blue Guy/The Messiah
Whole Fn' Kid
WhiteWolf

Old 17 Dec 2002, 03:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Renegade
It still sucks that theres just WWE & thats it. I know you probably wont give a shit but when all 3 were going us over here in England had alot more wrestling on TV, now its just WWE, theres no damn alternative & that aint good for wrestling. WWE as got just so bloody repetitive over the last year or so & Vince dosent seem to know what to do anymore. The brand split didnt help & binning loads of belts aint doing anything. And your suggestion that wCw copied WWF well whatever? but WWF got the Attitude change when it realised ECW was coming through.

Just a few things. I know wrestling was A LOT better when there were three companies to choose from. There were more choices and it was more exciting. What pissed me off about this thread was that it is nothing more than "a Vince McMahon hate thread". I mean, c'mon. Wishing him dead? Wanting him to be shot? What the hell's wrong with you two? Vince has done more for the buisness and worked harder for the buisness than anyone, and this thread is just plain disrespectful. I know you're pissed off that he won't release any WCW videos, but this is too far. We're all fuckin' adults here, aren't we? Also, ECW was hugely popular because the WWF helped it out. The WWF helped ECW get mainstream attention when they collaborated on an angle in February 1997. Hell, the WWF even promoted and advertised ECW's first PPV!!!!
Old 18 Dec 2002, 05:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
One Step Closer

Yeah, your right. wishing him dead is not on but sometimes people just get so pissed off that these comments come out. I didnt start this off as a 'hate Vince' thread anyway, I just read that WWE were trying to buy the rights to ECW tapes & was abit concerned knowing what happened when all wCw tapes disapeared from the shops. I dont want that to happen because I still regulerly buy ECW tapes & hopefully it wont. Im not gonna' pretend to like Vince because I dont & I feel his ignorance towards ECW & wCw as not helped pro wrestling one bit.

BLOODICE/Dark Angels Man
Matthew Bellamy
Silver Fang
Da Blue Guy/The Messiah
Whole Fn' Kid
WhiteWolf

Old 18 Dec 2002, 06:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Renegade
Yeah, your right. wishing him dead is not on but sometimes people just get so pissed off that these comments come out. I didnt start this off as a 'hate Vince' thread anyway, I just read that WWE were trying to buy the rights to ECW tapes & was abit concerned knowing what happened when all wCw tapes disapeared from the shops. I dont want that to happen because I still regulerly buy ECW tapes & hopefully it wont. Im not gonna' pretend to like Vince because I dont & I feel his ignorance towards ECW & wCw as not helped pro wrestling one bit.

Your entitled to your opinion, and I respect it. I really liked ECW too. WCW had its moments with me, mainly the crusierweights and the nWo's first run. But I still think Vince is a genius, and wishing him dead is just a fucking childish and rude thing to say.
Old 26 Dec 2002, 03:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
- I M M O R T A L -

's Avatar

is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to

well that sucks..
When I close my eyes...
I fear what I'm about to see...

AIM:GoT th3 Lif3</center>
 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2003, 11:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
n/a
Heavyweight

n/a is on a distinguished road

does Paul even own the right to the video cause he owed companies money over that
n/a is offline   Reply With Quote